Just A Dream

Guest matty and luke forever

Chapter 3

You may have won the battle but you won’t win the war==================================================

Luke ran along the face of the beach scanning the horizan, hoping to find her. It was never easy, when Mattie ran she didn’t want to be found, at least not until she was ready to be found. He powered his way down to the beach in a desperate attempt to avoid Jack, Tony and Martha who were having lunch at the chairs outside the diner. He stopped to take a few breaths before he started to run again. Ric and Cassie had decided that they would take the shops on the promenade. Ric had said that ‘they had to find her quick while he was out there she wan't safe, until they knew why he was really back’. Lucas didn’t know the guy but Ric sure as hell did and Luke wasn’t prepared to let this Callan anywhere near Mattie again. He had never been a violent person, even though Jack had taught him how to defend himself, but if that jerk went anywhere near her…… he’d kill him. His thoughts were interrupted by the bleeping sound of his mobile.

‘She not here, gonna try Noahs’

Ric’

He looked over towards the rocks and to his surprise he saw her sitting there. He made his way towards them.

When he got to the top he could see that she been crying. He could see that her mascara was already running down her face. He dug into his pocket and brought out his mobile. He dialled the number and when he finally heard someone answer he spoke.

“Hey, Ric, I’ve found her. Yeah, near Abbes Ridge.” He said breathlessly.

He hung up and pushed it back into the pocket on his left hand side and silently walked towards his girlfriend. He sat down beside her and pulled her close, letting her rest her head on his shoulders.

“Why can’t he just go away? Why can everything just go right for once?” she cried

=====================================================

Cassie and Matilda sat on the couch while Ric and Lucas attempted to cook pasta.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Cassie said pleadingly

“Cas, I’m fine. I know I freaked you guys out but…. I’m going to tell Tony tonight and we are going to deal with this properly. That means no police, no beating him to a pulp, Ric.” After getting a few strange looks from her friends she continued “The guy served his time. He has as much right to be here as anybody.”

“And when did you work this one out?” Ric asked looking very worried at her decision.

“When I was on the rocks, I remembered something Mr. Stewart said to me along time again. So…. you’re fist can keep themselves safe inside your pockets, Ric” She smiled

“How come it me you get at? He would beat him up too if he knew him” Ric answered back pointing to Lucas

“I’m sure he would, but Luke tends to thing before he throws a punch.”

“Are you saying I don’t think?” he said filling up a glass with water, running it over he held it over Matilda’s head “Huh, huh?”

“No, no, no, no. Ric, the hair?” Mattie screamed back. She quickly pushed him out the way, getting up she ran towards the door with Ric following her.

Luke and Cassie looked at each other and smiled

“I have um….. Some water guns in the shed. You want to?” He asked her

“I’ll get the hose” Cassie laughed back

They both ran out to the backyard to grab their weapons. But little did they know this wasn’t the only war they were going to have to fight.

=================================================

Next time

How will Tony react to Matilda’s news?

Will Ric and Lucas become too protective?

Will Jack risk his job too protect his new family?

Enjoy

Julie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This bit has some references to what callan did in the city.... just to wran you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 4

I need to tell you….

===============================

As Tony walked back towards the house he heard screams and shouts from the backyard. He walked faster towards the house, wanting to see who was causing the noise, when he got round the side of the house he saw the 4 teenagers having a water fight, with no cares in the world.

Tony smiled to himself trying to remember what it was like to be their age. The parties, sneaking out to try and see ‘the love of your life’, exams, love, family, friends. Because that was what the kids were friends, two girl best-friends and two boy best-friends, two couples, a clique. No matter how hard someone tried to break them, this lot would always be there to pick the other up when they were down. They’d be together forever…. Friends until the end. They would never break, they wouldn’t break because these 4 kids were the strongest people he had ever met, no matter how many times they had been beaten down there was always that ounce of hope that they’d pull themselves back up again.

He looked at his son who was now pouring a bucket of water over Matilda’s head then holding her hands around her waist to stop her from squirting him. He had never seen him happier, he never wrote in his diary and Tony had heard him several times talking to Matilda about his mother. This was a surprise to Tony as he had only ever talked to Tony and Jack about Katie.

Matilda had made Luke happier than Tony had ever known him to be.

And somehow he knew that Matilda and Lucas would particularly never let anyone ruin what they had. They were special to each other. They loved each other. He wasn’t sure if it was puppy love or the sort of love that when you see the person no-one else is there but them.

Yes, he was right they’d be friends until the end because they would cling on for dear life before they would let this friendship end. Because they were Mattie, Luke, Ric and Cas and they wouldn’t be broken by nothing or no-one.

He was so lost in thought that he didn’t realise that Matilda had disappeared from the group. His eyes scanned the yard, she wasn’t there. Then suddenly he felt a whole lot of freezing cold water poured over him. He turned round to find his step-daughter-to-be standing behind him with a bucket, she a mischievous smile on her face.

“Your dead” he laughed, grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder he walked out to the garden. “Get her Ric” he shouted and soon he joined in with the shouting and screaming.

Not knowing that he was going to have a rather big problem to deal with in the aftermath.

“Oh come on, No anchovies just this once, No anchovies!” Mattie begged

“Eh, 2 against one” Luke said kissing her on the cheek

“Luke is right” Tony laughed

“But Jack doesn’t like anchovies, Ha 2 against 2” she said quickly I her defence

“How about half tuna, half anchovies?” Jack reasoned

“That’s why you’re my son” Tony smiled

Matilda sat down on the couch laughing to herself she turned on the TV. She loved this new life she had, it was different, Mum was happy and living with Lucas, Jack and Tony was incredible. It was different from the Sutherlands. They didn’t fight for the bathroom, the boys always let her go in first for some crazy reason, you weren’t squash in when it came to dinner and they actually had dinner together at the weekends. She knew that somehow if she told Tony he would be the voice of reason, never throw a punch unless it’s in your defence, was what he said. He would tell mum then tell her he was handling it and there was no need for her to come home. Then he would tell Matilda he would sort it, and it was all going to be okay. Somehow he was like her Dad; he was strong but sensitive, firm but fair. But for some reason she was scared, would he react like he did with other things? or would he flip?

“Earth to Mattie” she heard Jack shout from the table. She looked up to see all three of the Holdens looking at her. She fluttered her eyelids and stood up from the couch and walked over to sit next to some very worried faces, only one of them knew what was really going on.

Once they had all finished the pizza. Jack clasped his hand behind his head and leant back while Luke and Tony began stacking the dishes into the dishwasher. After they sat back down at the table.

“Well, there’s a good movies on channel 5 if you guys want to watch it.” Tony stated.

Both boys answered their father with ‘yes’s’ but yet again they had no answer out of Matilda.

“What do you think Mattie? A box of chocolate and a beer, well for me and Jack.” He laughed.

“I…… I need to tell you something” Mattie gulped

“So this guy appears from nowhere and says he wants to see you. After all the grief he’s caused?” Jack questioned for the 5th time in a different context from the other 4 times.

“Yes, but I’m dealing with it.” Mattie answered

“Matilda, this guy date raped a girl in the city, he drugged and tried to rape you. If Ric and Mr Stewart hadn’t had come in when they did he probably would have….” He didn’t get to finish when Mattie answered him very blatantly:

“But he didn’t, instead I ended up with some creepy, old guy kidnapping me and you never know if I had stayed round enough just a little longer he probably would have tried it too but at least with Callan I would have been out.” She bit his head off with. Then rubbing her face with her shaking hands, she tried to collect her thoughts.

“He could have done it to other girls, and no-one would have believed them. There’s such a thing called ‘Lack of Evidence’. You need to tell someone who could do something about it.”

“If I go to the police, how long do you think it will be until they drop the case?” she asked

“If he was found with drugs on him then it wouldn’t be. At least get a restraining order against him. Just to keep you safe” Tony reasoned.

There was how he was going to react. The voice of reason as usual.

“Callan loves confrontation. It would just make him worse. He would keep coming back for more” she said, looking at Lucas who was being surprisingly silent through this conversation. “It my decision and I would really appreciate it if you would support me on it" she said almost in tears as she got up and walked into her bedroom.

===========================================================

Jack sat in the office of the station, typing in to the computer ‘Callan Howe’. While he waited he tapped his finger nails slightly on the desk. When the computer had finally finished doing it duty he leaned in closely to the screen.

================================================

Jack watched the jerk closely as he saw him come out of his car and begin making his way around the side of the school. Jack quickly got out of the car and made his way towards the boy who was now peeping around the corner as though he was hiding from someone. He quickly grabbed Callan by the collar and pinned him against the wall.

“Who the hell are you?” Callan asked

“My name is Jack Holden. I believe you know Matilda Hunter?” Jack asked viciously

“So what if I do” he answered back cheekily

“Well, you see she’s almost my little step-sister. I don’t take too nicely to people hurting her. If you go near her, try to talk to her or even look at her, with your perverted little eyes. I will make your life a living nightmare.” He said through gritted teeth then dropping him to the ground he walked off.

“Oh, you have no idea……Constable Holden” he whispered

Chapter 5

I’m OK

========================================

“What do you want?” Matilda questioned coldly

“I want you, more than anything. I know I hurt you Mattie but I’m sorry. I want to be with you” he answered coolly placing his hand on her cheek which was quickly slapped away.

“What do you really want?” her voice shaking with fear

“I want to finish what I started” he said with a glint in his eye she had seen before.

=============================================

Matilda sighed heavily as she stepped into the warm water from the shower. It had been a week of school and trying to ignore phone calls from Callan. Mum had come home and was immediately told by Tony while Matilda sat in silence. She had had many offers from Irene and Mr.Stewart for lifts when she was walking home on her own. Scott and Robbie were being overly protective as well as Lucas. Right now she could scream at them all. She couldn’t breathe without people asking her if she was okay or if she was safe. She swore she was going nuts. Her only escape was when everyone was out; she would lie on the couch and admire the silence. But then her phone would ring, it would be Scott or Mum or even Jack checking she was okay. She had told anyone that she had met Callan; she was terrified by this point but would not let anyone see.

She let the water run down her hair and on to her back, closing her eyes tightly she let the warm water take her away, to a place where she wished she was. Young and niave, being pushed on the swing in the backyard by Scott, with no cares in the world. She wanted someone who for once treated her like the child she wished she was. She wanted her Dad.

There was a loud knock on the door that interrupted her thoughts.

“Mattie, come on, we need to go and help set up!” Tony shouted from the other side of the door.

“Just coming!” she shouted back sighing and grabbing her towel she began to dry herself off.

====================================================

Martha 21st birthday party was almost set up, balloons had been blown, tables had been set and drinks put out.

“Luke!” Matilda shouted “I’m going to head back and get changed” she said

“Do you want me to come with you?” he asked worried something might happen.

She returned him with a smile and a shake of the head “You’re ready, it’s pointless and I’ll be fine. If anyone comes near me I’ll hit them with my bag, I think it has rocks in it anyways.” She laughed but was given a worried look with a reassuring voice she said “I’ll be fine”

“I know, but I worry about you. We don’t even know if he’s still out there.”

“You worry too much. I’ll be back in like 10 minutes.” She kissed him on the lips “Love you” she said letting go of her hand and walking away.

“Be safe” he whispered under his breath.

==============================================

Matilda walked quickly along the beach, trying to keep herself occupied. Listening to the music coming from Noahs’ she knew she would be safe. People would hear if she had to scream. God pretending that you were okay with this was tiering, being terrified to the point that you slept on the couch so everyone could hear you if anything happened. Immature but to her if she was to scream in the house, Jack or Tony or Robbie or Luke would hear it better if she was on the couch than in her room.

Her mobile began to bleep from her bag. She stopped raiding through her make-up she finally found it. She opened the unread message which said:

'Not very safe, walking home alone,never know who you might meet'

She looked round but could see nobody. Suddenly someone grabbed her from behind and placed their hand over her mouth. Trying to fight them off, she let out an ear splitting cry for help but she felt a sharp pain in her neck and suddenly, the world around her became dazed and blurry.

Next Time:

The SES team begin their search in a desperate bid to save Matilda before it’s too late.

Mattie’s friends and family have to deal with the fact that they may never see her again.

Lucas swears revenge on Callan!

Archived