Life's drama bedevilled by stalkers and aliens

Guest Andy

Life's drama bedevilled by stalkers and aliens

The Newcastle Herald

8 March 2006

TWO Newcastle actors are making regular trips to Summer Bay and All Saints Hospital.

Barry Shepherd, right, will return to the Home and Away set next week where he will reprise his role as Browning, and last night Zac Garred, left, featured on All Saints.

Garred, who had a six-week guest role on Home and Away last year, played a patient called Aiden Bradbury who sees aliens while staying at the All Saints hospital.

Shepherd, who was the character of Dave in the Beaurepaire's TV commercials for 10 years, will play Browning the owner of a storage shed in Summer Bay.

Last year it turned out the Summer Bay stalker was renting a room from Browning.

Shepherd has made seven appearances on Home and Away over the years.

Zac finds being patient pays off

Daily Telegraph

7 March 2006

X - Newcastle

NEWCASTLE teenager Zac Garred comes a step closer to realising his dream tonight.

The 19-year-old from New Lambton stars in an episode of the Channel 7 drama All Saints.

Playing the part of a psychiatric patient was a role Zac really enjoyed and will further boost his growing profile.

"I loved it," the Newcastle University student said yesterday. "We filmed All Saints over two days last August.

"There was a day in between filming and I had to be on the Home and Away set for that.

"They are next to each other so I was jumping from one to the other. It was great fun and I can't wait to watch the episode."

Zac was in the middle of a six-week stint on Seven's Home and Away when he filmed All Saints.

"I was playing a frightfully appalling doctor but I got to share a kiss with Holly Brisley.

"I'm hoping to get some further work with Home and Away later this year."

Zac said the highlight of his acting to date had been working with Bryan Brown on the series Two Twisted.

The 14-part show, a follow-up to Brown's 1996 production Twisted Tales, will be shown on the Nine network later this year.

Zac has a lead role in the series, which also features Sam Neill, Melissa George, Alex Dimitriades and Vince Colossimo.

"It will be a much bigger role than anything I've done before and I'm hoping more work will come from that."

Zac said he had been getting more work since securing an agent three years ago, when he won the local Crack the Big Time talent competition.

Archived