Are you unsure ?

I take it you want to avoid a quote tree?

It comes down to knowledge of what the tags within the post are meaning. If you quote a post, that post has

Text
in it and quoting a post that has another quote within you will probably see
text
text

You can delete text within the outer quote tags, including th inner quotes.

Actually, I think that might have complicated it further.

I take it you want to avoid a quote tree?

It comes down to knowledge of what the tags within the post are meaning. If you quote a post, that post has

Text
in it and quoting a post that has another quote within you will probably see
text
text

You can delete text within the outer quote tags, including th inner quotes.

Actually, I think that might have complicated it further.

I'm trying to avoid a quote tree but it hasn't worked yet, first I always check with preview post but either way, I'm deleting the context (quote / date details) or everything's still there.

I could just delete the text within the replying frame(if you know wim :blush: ) but then I still have all the frames(just one with text)

So if i know what i have to delete to make appear just the post i wanna reply to whithout seeing the frames it has replied to then it's actually possible,or can you only delete text not the frames?

Not that it's that important,it just looks neater :D

You need to delete the

/quote] tags too, just leave one set around the text that you want to keep. If that helps. (I've deleted one of the brackets so you can see what I mean you should delete rather than you seeing the quote box. You need to delete both sets of brackets though. :wink: )

Here's a question....

How come when I try to PM another member on here,and only to say nice things I might add! :P - I get a message something along the lines of 'Sorry you can't PM this member,because they either don't have it enabled or they belong to a group which doesn't allow it' ? I've been meaning to ask for a while now...:unsure:

That would generally mean you're trying to PM someone who has disabled their pm box or blocked pms in some way shape or form. Its an option in your control panel. Maybe send an email instead?

-------------------------------

It worked :huh:

Thanks Ryan and Skykat I'll write it down so i won't forget it :wink:

Edit:I can't believe all that time i didn't know how to do this! it's working, didn't have to write it down just think logical. anyway thanx again(last time i swear).

Edited by superman's girlfriend

• 1 month later...