The Autograph Thread

Does anyone know how long they are meant to take to reply to fan mail?

In my experience, by the time you get a reply from anyone you've forgotten you've even written to them, but it is a nice surprise when you get an envelope and see the 7 Logo on it, or in the British case, open the untitled envelope and pull out a fan card and have a smile on your face for the rest of the day. :D

There's not a set time. There's lots of different factors like, some of the actors, such as Kate Ritchie I would imagine get more fanmail than others as they have been there for longer, have built a bigger fan base, and probably have acquired a large build up of mail which they have to work their way through. Then also remember that some write a personalised letter and some send a standardised one. These all affect how long it'll take to get a response.

I got a fan card today from Tim with letter and some writing on front, in the same evelope there was one addressed to my sister, i had to laugh at my sister message on the seperate fan card from Tim. "Dear Brooke, "You owe Krystal" Mine was Dear Krystal, "Cheers!" The evelope was addressed to me!

Ps. My sister can write, she only just started writing and she 10, but its very hard to read, so i wrote two letters, one on my sister behalf. and 1 from me. My sister is smart, but she finds it hard to transnfer information on to paper, she good at making up story verbally.

Previous Fan cards signed; Isabel Lucas Letter only, Amy Mathews Fan card and short message, Rhys Wakefield signed Fan card front and seperate letter, Ella Scott Lynch signed letter on back fan card, Sharni Vinson- one signed on front, Sharni Vinson-letter on back of fan card, Paul O'Brian signed letter on back fan card, Lyn Collingwood signed short message on front of fan card.

Other unsigned ones from the production assistant; Kip Gamblin, Ella Scott Lynch, Kate Ritchie, Mark Furze, Joel McIlroy.

Hope this is in the right forum, not sure whether there is one already!!

This post has been edited by encouraging_angels: Today, 07:51 AM

I've got two fancards from Clarissa House,one from when i met her and one had a letter on the back from when i wrote to her,2 from Jason Smith,both from when i met him on seperate occasions the card had 2 different pictures,i think they change them every year, 1 from Chris Hemsworth,from when i met him,2 from sharni vinson from when i met her,2 rhys wakield cards from meeting him,the same card but 2 separate meetings,2 paul o'brien,same card,2 diffrent meetings,2 indianna evans,2 different cards, i've only met her once,someone got the first one for me,1 Jon sivewright card,from meeting him,1 Jodi Gordan card from meeting her,1 Cornelia Frances card from meeting her,I standardised letter from Isabel Lucas and a card,2 Sam Attwell cards,one with a leeter on the back from when i wrote to him,one from meeting him,the same pictures,2 diffrent Nic Bishop cards,from meeting him,diffrent meetings,1 from Michael Beckley with a card from writting to him,1 from Lyn Collingwood,with a letter,from writting to her,4 dirent Bec Cartwright cards,3 from meeting her,separat occassions and one she sent with a letter, fromwritting to her which was standardised though she wrote a bit at the bottom of it,2 different Kate Ritchie cards,i've only met her once,someone got the other one for me,2 different Kate Garven ones from meeting her,separate occassions,2 different mitch firth ones from meeting him,separate occassions.and lastly numerous amounts off 2 diffrent Beau Brady ones,from meeting him and writting to him.It took him a year almost to reply but was definitely worth it i was on cloud nine for weeks after,lol.It was typed but he did his own thing,it had his name in big blue letters at the side and a star,he put my name and said sorry for taking so long,maybe i'd forgoten him[he wishes,lol.]and answered my questions and stuff so i don't think he's send the same thing to everyone,he's just to lazy to write it,though he hand wrote some at the end to.

I didn't get a Mark Furze card but he signed my bear,so did,Tim,Chris,Jason,Paul and Rhys.

Have anyone tould any one about this site when writing your letter to them, i know our dan have tould afew.

I'm going to write to ada, In the past i have send helena bozich and bec cartright letters, helena send one lovely letter back and i also got two letters back both of bec letters was done from her very own p.c at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved fancard from Rhys Wakefield. I was surprised because I wrote to him last year in November I think.

Even my father said to me that I can't even breathe because I was really-really surprised.

Edited by Trinity

I just recived fancard from Rhys Wakefield. I was surprised because I wrote to him last year in November I think.

Even my father said to me that I can't even breathe because I was really-really surprised.

Thats cool. Im still waiting for Lynne(Irene) to reply to mine.