The Autograph Thread

I really want to get some fancards but I'm kind of stuck on what to write! I don't want to sound to cheesy but I do want them to know how much I like Home and Away. Can anybody tell me what they wrote?

Hi, *belle*, I wouldn't worry too much about sounding cheesy, I'm sure they'd appreciate it anyway. I think it comes easier when writing to someone you particularly like.

I think it depends a bit how old you are, how old they are, and exactly what you think of them, whether they're your favourite character, or someone you could imagine as a friend, or if you think they're good looking (/beautiful for the ladies)! Tell them why you like their character - or even, politely, what you don't like so much about their character. Maybe tell them what storylines you've enjoyed, what you might like their character to do in the future, tell them a little about yourself, you can ask questions, but it's not too likely they have time to respond in detail. And probably ask for a fan card at some point so they're in no doubt that you'd like one!

I wrote my first letter to Nic a few weeks ago, so I don't claim to be an expert. This is basically what I did, and just made it pretty clear how much I like him. (I hope he didn't think any of it was too cheeky, given that his partner recently had their first child!) :blush: I just really wanted to say thanks to him for all his work on the show, that he's most definitely appreciated. I found it difficult to decide how much to write, I was worried about writing too much, but I tried hard to keep it concise. I think longer is better because it shows you're more interested, but there's no rules, and if it's shorter, it takes up less of their time to read.

Just some thoughts, good luck!

I got my first ever H&A fan card, from my favourite actor/star this week. Which was very exciting. :D That would be the wonderful Nic Bishop, whose reply, to England, took just 19 days, counting from when I posted my letter, to when I received his picture. (Seriously), is this a record? (Should anyone be interested as to just how much more I can write on this subject, feel free to look into his appreciation topic!) Whatta guy. :wub:

Thanks *CJ*, I'm in the process of writing my letter to Paul O'brien! Then I'm probably going to write to Amy Matthews and perhaps Indianna Evans. I havn't seen anybody who's written to her, does she reply?

I think if I was writing to Jack, I'd be apologising to him for Peter's recent constant grumping at him! Though I guess he does understand that Peter's just anxious about stopping Zoe, and the pressure he's under. I like Paul. If Nic wasn't around, I think I'd like him even more!

Indiana - this certainly doesn't mean you won't get a reply, or that you shouldn't write to her, but I think she's one of the least likely in the cast to respond, based on what I've read people saying. However, Amy seems to be great at replying.

I really want to get some fancards but I'm kind of stuck on what to write! I don't want to sound to cheesy but I do want them to know how much I like Home and Away. Can anybody tell me what they wrote?

I basically did as what CJ did. You could also ask questions that you might want to know. But, basically, all I did was just say how great they are and for making the show really great etc.. etc.. They'll appreciate whatever you say. Have fun and Good Luck.

:D