The Autograph Thread

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Jeremai said:

I had a big collection of fan cards from about 1995 onwards when I started writing in for them. I sold them all on eBay about ten years ago though. There were loads available on eBay at the time but it looks like they're a bit more scarce now.

Sad to hear that yet that means the fans who have them are keeping which i dont blame them for. I gave it up years ago which H&A was the last people to send me anything in 2011.

Im sad as I never though some Aussie stars would be as stuck up and fan avoiding as many Yanks are. (0% of the people I worte were nice only 6 have disappointed me

• 1 month later...
On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎07 at 11:48 PM, samdanfan said:

I like to ask in the last year or in the last few has anyone got replies from actors? Not only H&A yet other shows and not through Twitter or social media as i have?

I wonder who takes the time to send cards anymore?

I haven't had any replies from the actors, but the Home and away office sent me 2 cards last year of Raechelle & Scott.

Other than that, nothing.

3 hours ago, maciam said:

I haven't had any replies from the actors, but the Home and away office sent me 2 cards last year of Raechelle & Scott.

Other than that, nothing.

Very depressing to hear. I use to remember a time when they would send more.

Although social media great I was told one star Agent posted for her although they are many who have honest pages and are friendly  I think that's how they do business. as I asked 3 actors though Facebook for replies and got them yet some do not?

I do hope many of you have better luck

Edited by samdanfan

• 2 months later...

I had a rude encounter last week on Facebook with an Aussie page.

Im sad to say their reaction proved some of the negative and sad views I have about how things are being done Down Under.

I tell a story and as I always said it depends on the person. Here what happen in both the USA and Down Under.

USA I once talked to an actress here in America and I discovered she and her mate loved sports and as I went to games I offered some gifts and she agreed to allow me to send one package to them. She posted her agents address in Hollywood and I mailed her a small parcel of sports items. A week later she PM me on Facebook and thanked me.

I offered the same to someone Down Under and I was told "They do not accept items from fans!" Even just for one time  Another person said if I sent something to  the show it might be given to them?  yet all my favs left and as Home & Away told me they do NOT forward mail.

Although my situation is sad I do hear from many others who have good encounters.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2016 at 3:49 AM, Jeremai said:

I had a big collection of fan cards from about 1995 onwards when I started writing in for them. I sold them all on eBay about ten years ago though. There were loads available on eBay at the time but it looks like they're a bit more scarce now.

By the lack of silence here I am guessing the situation with fan mail  still the same no replies! Sad I wonder if cards being sold might make the show stop sending them as they did in the past. I gave up after 2011 and H&A was the last show that was nice to me. 90% of the Aussie stars I asked have been very nice and polite and there is only a few Im disappointed in as they are hard to contact and sadly DO NOT WISH to be bothered.

With social media you think things would be better some like a Trek actor here in the USA and a former Neighbours had a link on thier pages to ask for an Autograph. What a cool idea. yet another neighbours has a "fake" webpage which ruined my trust. The rejection from Down under plus bad luck not only here in the USA but Canada and the UK ended my love of collecting autographs. I never get over the rejection of fan mail from one star and they be hard feelings forever.

It be nice to hear some good news here not only for H&A yet other shows

• 5 weeks later...

My friends were volunteering at Comic-con in London a few weeks ago, and one of them got chosen to be a PA for Rebecca and Luke. I had another friend attend who mentioned me when he met them, and then PA friend also spoke about her "big H&A fan friend in Aus" and Rebecca linked me to both people. By the end of the first day she'd scored me this lovely picture. It'll be framed on the wall with the rest of them when I get home.They're now friends on insta and I'm very jealous.

19441547_10155504047448593_394767489_n.j

• Like 1