The Autograph Thread

You can try and tell them a little about yourself, what you like about the show/character, and maybe ask a few questions.

I know Steve writes the same kind of letter for everyone, just changes it a little. But Dan wrote an Handwritten A4 letter for me instead of an pre-printed one.

Both sent me some signed cards:-)

Can I ask a stupid question? What do you put in your letters to them? I've tried to write on to Steve and Dan but I dont know what to write... Can someone give me some pointers?

I wouldn't think about it in too much depth, teespazzr. Just write whatever comes naturally. For example I wrote to Steve that I thought the River Boys entroduction really re-invigorated the show after the boring 2010 season. Just a few compliments and then politley requsting an autograph is enough, I should think.

Have a go, you know you want to! ;) Best of luck!

Do you think the River Boys have been a positive 're-invigoration' then? Obviously you must if you're writing to the actors behind the characters. I'd just be interested to know since I find I usually agree with you on most H&A views you share. They've certainly allowed the writers to make the show more dramatic, but I don't think its been a positive for the show overall because its simply taken over.

Is there a way we can send our thoughts to the actors via the internet? I dont want a signed fan card or anything like that, just want to send a few messages. If not I'll have to write to them.

I am writing a letter to Emily Symons - I haven't written a fan letter before which is ironic since I've watched the show since the beginning, its never interested me but now I want to send her my thoughts on the character and her portrayal. The way I feel the writers should take the character, ask her a few questions the magazines never ask her and just basically let her know what I think of Marilyn.

Edited by alexx

Alexx the only other way to send your thoughts to the cast is on twitter, but Emily Symons doesn't use it. Lynne McGranger, Lisa Gormley (Bianca) and one of the River boys uses it (no idea which one - still can't tell them apart to be honest :P). And Cameron Welsh. Let us know how you get on writing to Emily and what she replies.

Edited by beau_t

Do you think the River Boys have been a positive 're-invigoration' then? Obviously you must if you're writing to the actors behind the characters. I'd just be interested to know since I find I usually agree with you on most H&A views you share. They've certainly allowed the writers to make the show more dramatic, but I don't think its been a positive for the show overall because its simply taken over.

I thought they had re-invigorated the show to begin with. I wrote to all the actors when they were in the show very early on. But now I'm not a huge fan anymore. I don't think the actors are bad, but the makers have written themselves into a corner. I agree with you that the River Boys have taken over. I feel that they're no longer given any character development, almost as if they've become a parody of themselves. What I mean is that it's drama after drama with no real direction. It's all drama for drama's sake and they just go round in circles. It seems like the writers tried to develop Heath's character by introducing Darcy as his child but they failed because that aspect of his character is barely shown right now. Watching last week, it just seemed like

the Gypsy/Rivery Boys show

I do think H&A's problem is that it latches onto sensationalism to get by and that's where it suffers. What they should really be trying to do is attemp different ways of character-driven drama and see what works. But with the River Boys they've fallen into the same territory as periods of 2004-2007 and 2009. They did start off well though. And I love building on my collection of fan cards, I don't feel it is complete without all the characters. Strange I know!

• 3 weeks later...

Received a reply from Shane Withington (John Palmer) today.

I sent 2 Feb 2011, so took just over 8 months. He sent me a hand signed fan card and a little note saying thanks for writing to him.

Pleased as I don't have a signed fancard from him. Long wait. Maybe he's only just getting around to reading fanmail, as I can't imagine he gets more than the younger cast members who I've received replies from much quicker. Not complaing, love this reply!

I have a very nice H&A collection.

Emily Symons

Norman Coburn

Ray Meagher (2)

Judy Nunn

Bec Cartwright (Personal letter)

Kim Cooper

Bree Desborough

Kristy Wright

Kate Ritchie

Belinda Emmett

Sonia Todd

Conrad Colby

Kate garven

Isabel lucas

Sharyn Hodgson Unsign pic

Nicolle Dickson Unsign pic

Luke jacobz

Jon Siwewright

Bernard Curry

Josh Quong Tart

Tessa James

Lincoln Lewis

I have a fan letter to some of the new cast hoping for a reply soon.

The only disapointment I have is I took part on a forum posting for a personal sign pic from Melissa George and when I met the number to get one they stopped it! Would have been nice to have one.

Oh well

I wrote to Rhiannon the other day, she's the first person I've written to so I hope I get a reply. Has anyone here had a reply from her? I love looking at the pictures of everyone's letters/ fan cards - you are all so lucky!

I'm pretty excited to say that I received a reply from Rhiannon today. I'm surprised that she got back to me so quick! She wrote me a one page letter to thank me for writing to her and answering a few of my questions, and sent a signed fan card :)

Edited by Stephanie