The Autograph Thread

I did, however, receive an amazing reply from Laurie Foell this morning, which of course I was ecstatic about, with Laurie having been my favourite actor on the show. She signed the back of the fancard and photographs that I sent and also sent me a beautiful handwritten card telling me about her new baby and house renovations, answering my questions and even added her e-mail address - what a class act :D:wub:

Laurie is probably my all time favorite too. I would love to be able to write to her but lack a mailing address as I assume H&A no longer forwards her mail as she's been off screens for a long time now. I know a lot of actors sign for fans but I've always gotten the impression from Laurie (and also from Esther Anderson for that matter) that the really appreciate their fans and don't take the letters and cards they receive from them lightly. It's a real admirable quality.

You can reach Laurie at:

Laurie Foell

c/o Mollison Keightley Management

139 Cathedral Street

Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011

Australia

Laurie is always grateful to hear from her fans - I should also point out that she now has an official Facebook page where she's guaranteed to read your messages/answer any questions :wink:

Hey Edward,

The majority of these are photocopies, i have bought a few times(i took a chance the second time).

Don't bother, they are so expensive. This seller tries to imply that the paper changes, but i have been collecting for years, trust me i know what is real and what is not.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Mike, nice autographs! :)

Does anyone the fan cards in this link could be fake or copies:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOME-AND-AWAY-21-FAN...=item3f05630c6e

Ha, good to see someone looks at my photos, i might have a few spares of these. PM Me

You all have loads!

I've been scourin the net, and have come across these pictures: jodigordonexample1.jpg

And: lynnemcgrangerexample.jpg

I'd literally die to get my hands on that Martha one, she looks stunning, I've never seen that version before! And I really want the Lynne McGranger version shown in the other picture! :lol: D'ya reckon it's worth writing to the help desk for these?

Hey Edward,

The majority of these are photocopies, i have bought a few times(i took a chance the second time).

Don't bother, they are so expensive. This seller tries to imply that the paper changes, but i have been collecting for years, trust me i know what is real and what is not.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Mike, nice autographs! :)

Does anyone the fan cards in this link could be fake or copies:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOME-AND-AWAY-21-FAN...=item3f05630c6e

Bingo! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. The basic rule of thumb (that I've found to be true anyhow) is the older fancards meaning the B&W ones or the ones from the early 00s that appear on eBay are for the most part legitimate. The ones issued after that are a real hit or miss proposition. I still say the worse thing that Seven Network ever did was make a bunch of these fancards available for download off their website. It made the forgeries so much more prevalent and widespread.

The easiest way I've found to spot a legitimate fancard from a fake is that the ink toner used on the fakes are by and large much darker than the legitimate cards. I wish I had a scanner to show you some examples but I have both a fake and a legitimate Jessica Tovey fancard (her first) in my collection. On the fraudulent card you can barely make out her facial features while on the original they are as clear as day.

I would also be wary of any cards that claim to be hand-signed that date from the past five years or so. Many of these have been auctioned many times over on eBay and they are 100% fraudulent. The proof is that nobody signs their name the exact same way every time nor do they affix their signature in the exact same location. A number of the alleged hand-signed cards on eBay bear signatures identical to ones I already have in my collection and unfortunately I doubt that I have the originals either.

Another basic rule of thumb is beware of sellers selling in bulk. Unless a seller has an endless supply of fancards, it's unlikely that they are able to constantly turnover bulk collection after bulk collection of legitimate fan cards. It's far more likely that they are selling bulk collections of copies.

Edited by jldraw