Robbie and Kim

Guest emmasi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the way they are friends when a storyline calls for it. Kim and Robbie's beach trip, although great, seemed completely isolated. I didn't like the way Kim spoke to Irene about the place getting crowded either. It seemed like Robbie and Tasha were as unfamiliar to him as Belle.

^Agreed. Kim shouldn't have been so bothered by Tasha and Robbie, and him being Dan's new best friend is just weird. And I like Dan!

But, on a happier note, this particular Robbie n Kim dry spell is over! Hooray!! Kim talked to Robbie on the phone (which I wasn't sure I'd count, seeing as they weren't technically in the scene together), and then they were actually at the party! WOO! But not JUST at the same place at the same time, because we all know by now that that doesn't mean talking by a longshot, Kim actually asked Robbie if he wanted a beer and Robbie said yes! OH MY GOD!!

Sorry.. just getting a little excited over the onscreen communication. It's kind of like seeing an eclipse.

*Resets the counter for another few months*

Hahaha! That's a cute post, Emma. ;)

I'm still hoping for a Kim/Robbie pairing lol. Rachel will be the last straw for Kim, women only breaks his oh so sensitive manly heart. Tasha and Robbie have a fight, cold war, things uncertain. Kim finds Robbie... Ooooh... they kiss as "All the things she said" by tATu starts to play. Yay. lol

Okay, never gonna happen but still. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My GOD! They were together in THREE episodes in a row!!! AH!! trust it to happen when I have no access to the internet. Anyway, I'm here now and YAY! WOOHOO!! Must remember not to get too excited though, it can't possibly last, what with Charlie apparently moving in on Robbie's territory. He drank out of Kim's water bottle, right after Kim had. That's like, what, first base these days? I suppose their union would be acceptable. At least Kim would be admitting who he really is *glares at Robbie.*

When I first saw the ad for Robbie and Kim's talk (which was, by the way, perfectly beautiful), I was so excited that I had a dream about what might happen. It's a little more violent and surreal than I expected, but here it is (oh, and it was during a nap I had after watching "Boy Meets Boy." That might explain a few things.):

I was sitting in the living room of my grandmother’s house. I should have realised at this point that I was dreaming, because my grandmother moved out of that house years ago. Also, she’s been dead for a while.

I was trying to watch Home and Away, but the sound on her VCR kept going in and out. I guess it was old. That sucked, because I was trying to tape it as well to keep it, especially since this was the episode where Robbie would finally, not only have an actual meaningful conversation with Kim, but possibly break down sobbing about not being the real father of Tasha’s baby as well. And break down he did.

I watched intently as Kim hugged Robbie, telling him that everything would be okay. All the while I was cursing the fact that I’d have to forever relive this beautiful moment with poor sound quality, cruelty of cruelties.

I switched over from the VCR channel to watch it through the TV, hoping that the sound would be better. And it was. It was clear and loud and, miraculously, the scene seemed to be starting over, just so I could hear it properly. Except that this time there was another person on the beach, a sinister looking man who was already “counseling” Robbie when Kim arrived. Robbie was crying already, but he seemed to be more angry than sad. Not angry at the man, but at everyone else. The man seemed to be provoking Robbie into a sense of violent self-righteousness and hatred for everyone who had wronged him, which was pretty much everyone in Summer Bay. Including Kim.

Kim didn’t understand what was wrong with Robbie. Robbie told him about Tash and Jonah and the baby, and pointed out how Kim didn’t care about him enough to notice that something had been up for quite a while. Kim tried to apologise, but Robbie didn’t want to hear it. What’s more, the strange man was encouraging Robbie to ignore Kim. Kim told him to stay out of it, and demanded to know who he was. The man gave him a sly smile, and then everything went dark.

Kim woke up in the cold sand. It was nighttime, but there was a dull glow of lights around him. Then he heard screaming and shouting. He looked up to see that he was at the center of a boxing ring, a series of ropes that had been set up on the beach, with dozens – possibly hundreds – of rabid fans standing on the other side of them, all watching him, waiting for him to regain consciousness.

He looked across to the other side of the ring. Robbie was standing there, bare knuckled, but otherwise clothed, punching the air in preparation. His glasses were off, his hair was damp with sweat as though he’d been at this training ritual for quite some time, and he had an evil look in his eyes that Kim had never ever seen in him before. This guy looked so wild and dangerous that Kim could barely believe it was his nerdy little friend.

“Get up,” said Robbie, when he realised that Kim was awake and staring at him from the ground. Kim kept staring, dumbfounded. Robbie advanced on him impatiently, grabbing him and shaking him. “GET UP!”

Kim scurried backwards towards the ropes, trapping himself against one of the steel poles. He didn’t want to fight Robbie. Robbie took advantage of Kim’s display of weakness, seizing him by the shirt and slamming him back hard against the pole. Kim was almost winded by the force of it. This couldn’t be Robbie. How could he possibly be so strong?

Kim looked, dazed, over Robbie’s shoulder and saw his answer. The strange man was standing in Robbie’s corner, his arms folded triumphantly as he watched the former friends engage in viscous battle. He was the one that had made Robbie so angry, he was the one that had somehow given him this unnatural power. He was the Devil.

“Get up and fight me!” demanded Robbie as Kim still failed to comply.

“Rob, I don’t want to fight you! I don’t want to hurt you!”

“Oh,” huffed Robbie sarcastically. He let his knees fall heavily into Kim’s outstretched legs, pinning him to the sand while he took off his own shirt. He was ready to fight properly. Did Kim really think that Robbie was the one who’d end up getting hurt here?

When Kim refused to strip down to his board shorts too (which had given Robbie the distinct look of a real boxer), Robbie did it for him. He grabbed Kim in a bear-hug which Kim, although he twisted and struggled, couldn’t quite free himself of. Robbie tore Kim’s shirt of his body, leaving Kim to fall on his hands and knees in the sand. Robbie pounced on him, wrestling him violently. Kim fought back in spite of himself. Robbie didn’t seem to possess any kind of superhuman ability, as Kim had feared, he was just much stronger than normal. Apparently the Devil had wanted to make this fight more even, more interesting.

It seemed to be an unspoken understanding that the pair would fight to the death. The crowd outside the ring cheered for blood, calling for no mercy and as much brutality as possible. Kim had no intention of meeting their sadistic demands, but he couldn’t stand defenseless against his friend, he knew instinctively that Robbie would give the people what they wanted. What had that Devil done to him?

Robbie cornered Kim against the pole again. Kim sat in the sand, horribly aware that he couldn’t win without killing his friend, and he couldn’t bring himself to do that. He’d let Robbie kill him instead.

Kim shut his eyes in pain as Robbie slammed the heels of his palms into Kim’s bruised chest. Kim suddenly felt that, even if he wanted to, he couldn’t defeat Robbie; Robbie was just too determined and brutal.

His eyes close, Kim awaited the final blow, wondering if it would come to his head, or if Robbie would just keep trying to force a rib to break and puncture his lung. Robbie’s plan seemed to be a combination of both, his bleeding knuckles pounding relentlessly into Kim’s weakened flesh. He almost exhausted himself doing it. Kim was already on the verge of passing out.

Just when Kim thought he couldn’t hold on any more, He felt Robbie stop. He knew that neither of them was dead yet. Robbie was still breathing, harshly, and Kim could hear it. He opened his eyes cautiously. Robbie stared at him, his lip bleeding from a hit that Kim had landed earlier. Kim wondered if it was over then, or if Robbie was just waiting for a second wind. It appeared to be the latter.

Robbie growled, a rabid animal, with that same evil look in his eyes. He lunged forward onto Kim, grabbing him by the shoulders, slamming him once again against the unpadded pole. As Kim felt the base of his skull collide with the metal, he thought for sure that this would be the end. But it wasn’t. And Robbie wasn’t hitting him.

His fingers remained clasped to Kim’s biceps. Kim looked at him from beneath swelling eyelids, imploring him to stop toying with him and just get it over with. Robbie wanted to stop the games as well.

In one fluid movement, Robbie rolled his body closer to Kim’s, sliding his hands up to Kim’s neck and pressing their chests, their lips, together.

Kim had no strength to fight him, barely enough to be surprised by it. He lifted a hand, the one that felt like the arm behind it hadn’t been shattered yet, and ran it down Robbie’s side. He had thought to push him away, but found that he didn’t have strength for that either. Instead, he let his hand rest there, and accepted Robbie’s tongue in his mouth, the taste of foreign blood on his lips, and the fact that this could be the last thing he felt before he died of his injuries.

Kim woke up again. This time, it was day, early morning. He was alone, fully clothed, and on a different part of the beach. He didn’t appear to be in any pain, other than a headache brought on by severe confusion.

He was at the wharf, which seemed to be swarming with the same crowd that had wanted him dead only hours ago. They were all strangers to him, ignoring him completely now. Everyone looked poor and ragged. There were rats darting through the stinking boxes of fish that were lined up on the docks. Was this Summer Bay at all, or had he traveled back in time to 19th century England?

He watched curiously as an old, apparently homeless, woman jabbed at the people trying to get off their boats with an open umbrella. She was using it to confound and trap them on the wharf, giving her small army of beggar children and minute dogs the chance to pick their pockets.

Backing away seemed like a good idea, but Kim tripped and fell backwards into something, making a noise which one of the tiny dogs heard. It barked at him, drawing everyone else’s attention to him. Kim panicked. He didn’t know who these people were or what they were doing here, but he had the distinct impression that he shouldn’t hang around to find out.

He tried to run away, but the old woman attacked him with her umbrella. Thankfully, he was at least strong enough to defend himself from her. He bypassed her awkwardly and ran away up the beach to…

The Diner. It was here. And it looked exactly the same.

He went inside. Leah and Alf were there, talking to Robbie. Robbie looked normal again. He was neatly clothed, wearing his glasses, and looking as physically in tact as Kim felt.

“Hey Kim,” Robbie smiled. What the hell? He was happy? The night before must have been a dream, but then what was with all the peasants?

Kim smiled back. “I want you to meet a friend of mine,” Robbie continued. He called the Devil to his side. Kim stared at him, wide-eyed with fear, but Robbie seemed calm and friendly as ever, certainly not inspired to kill him. Yet.

“Hello,” said the Devil politely. Maybe the crazy dream had got it wrong. Maybe this was just a regular guy that had somehow wormed his way into Kim’s subconscious. Then the Devil smiled at him, a knowing smile that Kim understood to mean, “You know who I am, Kim. I have your friend and there’s nothing you can do about it.” Kim didn’t say anything to him. He tried to get Robbie to leave with him, but Robbie didn’t understand why. Kim couldn’t tell him without sounding crazy. The Devil knew that, too, and smiled wider.

Kim begged Robbie to simply trust him. And, to the Devil’s dismay, Robbie did.

They left the Diner. The beach had cleared of peasants, repopulated by hot surfers and girls in bikinis. Kim decided he must have hallucinated the whole thing, although a few modern-day fishermen still remained. Close enough.

Kim and Robbie walked down the road together, Kim enjoying the feeling of Robbie’s hand as it occasionally brushed against his. Robbie noticed that Kim liked it, and deliberately put his hand out for Kim to hold it, “But not in a gay way,” he assured him.* Kim laughed and hugged Robbie to his side. Then he took Robbie’s hand and they continued walking together down the road.

…And I woke up, really hoping that the sound quality wouldn’t be too terrible on the tape when I went to watch this episode again. Then I remembered that it hadn’t really happened. Damn it.

THE END

*In the dream, it was actually me and one of my female best friends that acted out this last section, so it indeed was not a gay thing, just a nice little gesture of togetherness and mutual caring. Aw :). I wrote it as Robbie and Kim here so that it would make more sense in the context of the rest of the dream for you, gentle reader. Of course if it had been Robbie and Kim, then it would be a gay thing, obviously ;)

• 9 months later...

Archived