Supernatural: Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Guest hazza123

A big clue is the fact that Season 1 will be ending on a cliffhanger. The writers and actors have said it in interviews.

The monkeys would be stupid to cancel Supernatural. In the episodes that have aired, only a handful have been dud episodes. How many shows can say that about a first season?

I think the whole reason it is a success is because the main cast is made up of only two people and one isn't female. The female superhero thing has now been done to death and it's time to try something new :D

:o Josh Whedon would be ashamed of you!

But i partially agree, the fact that it is brothers, and there is the family vibe, makes it unique.

xxx

Who's Josh Whedon?

Writer/Director of Buffy. Greatest female superhero for ages.

xx

Oh, i thought that was who it was but i wasn't sure. Yeah, buffy was really good but i thought the ending to it all was a bit rubbish: "Now we can all be vampire slayers!".

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again i agree. The ending to Buffy was l-a-m-e. Especially after rumours that they were bringing Tara back for the last episode.

The only good thing was continuity. In Angel, series 5, they had Andrew come back as a watcher in training, and carried on the storyline of all the slayers. I congratulate them on not forgetting about it.

xxx

The original plan was for The First to take on the form of Tara... but the actress didn't want to go back. The whole reason she was written out was because the original plan was for Tara to die and get taken over by a demon.

The storyline was later used on Fred in season 5 of Angel.

Once again i agree. The ending to Buffy was l-a-m-e. Especially after rumours that they were bringing Tara back for the last episode.

The only good thing was continuity. In Angel, series 5, they had Andrew come back as a watcher in training, and carried on the storyline of all the slayers. I congratulate them on not forgetting about it.

xxx

The reason for the continuity was to allow for an easy way out, so the show could never come back. I prefer it go when it did then to stay on for another series and they make it really crap.

The original plan was for The First to take on the form of Tara... but the actress didn't want to go back. The whole reason she was written out was because the original plan was for Tara to die and get taken over by a demon.

The storyline was later used on Fred in season 5 of Angel.

I really liked this idea. Fred becoming Illyria was a fantastic twist. Because Cordy had only died a few episodes before :( , when Fred was dying, i was really angry. I loved that they brought her back, and Illyria had this great relationship with Wesley. Especially at his death, when he was like, "Can you lie to me now, please?".

xxx

I haven't seen Season 5 yet. I need to buy the DVD's because I need to see the Lindsey episodes.

There is a thought. Christian Kane should guest star on Supernatural. That would completely rock!

... :blink: I'm off to find some Sam/Dean fic. See you guys later or tomorrow.

I haven't seen Season 5 yet. I need to buy the DVD's because I need to see the Lindsey episodes.

There is a thought. Christian Kane should guest star on Supernatural. That would completely rock!

... :blink: I'm off to find some Sam/Dean fic. See you guys later or tomorrow.

You will love it. Christian Kane topless, throwing Angel across the room. *Swoon*

xxx

Supernatural as of now has not been renewed by the new CW network. And Charmed was cancelled, some may have wanted out, Page did, but the other 2 and Leo were ready to do more.

If you want Supernatural to stay, or get picked up by another station, or Sci Fi channel, start writing now.

Archived