Supernatural: Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Guest hazza123

Okay, just had to come in here and post a very minor "Bugs" spoiler:

(I wasn't paying attention, so bear with me:)

The boys were talking to a woman who was describing the neighbourhood as very friendly (she thought they were interested in buying a house) and she informed them that they accepted people of all races, religions and...sexual orientation :P. Then one of the boys smiled to himself, called the other one "honey" and wandered off somewhere. And then I pretty much switched to Cold Case, lol, but it was fun while it lasted :wink:

Something to look forward to, eh :D?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG the acting as a gay couple episode. Shame that it's filled with bugs and spiders *shudders*

I got to watch episode 6 on ITV2 last night... and spent an hour drooling because of it. I had no idea that this weeks episode was Skin so I was going yay when I realized.

The non!Dean/Sam fight was just... *drools some more* I plan on taping and watching the repeat that is on tonight. This is one episode that I will love for months. The fight, the banter when faced with death... hot!!

< /teen fangirl >

I watched an episode last night, and I have to say I agree with emmasi. It's just The X Files rehashed, and The X Files was much better. What's the chance they just happen to get an email from an old friend who just happens to have a friend who's been arrested but they didn't do it because it was a shapeshifter?! At least with The X Files there was a reason they found all the strange cases, rather than it just being by chance. And it had David Duchovny *sigh*. No contest.

It's by the people who done X Files, isn't it?

And I loved the shapeshifter for shallow reasons mostly but I loved that it has now brought in conflict between the brothers. My shallow reason is simple. That fight between Non!Dean & Sam was just the roughest and prettiest fight ever.

I'm sure it has something to do with The X-Files. To be honest I feel that it is The X-Files for the new generation and yeah, it is going to be a little rocky at the start because it's new. So far I think it is going brilliantly and there are a few reasons for it.

1. The cast. There are only two main characters (Sam & Dean) with the possibility of another one joining them (their Dad). Instead of getting non experienced actors they have picked two who know how to hold their own. It's about time Jensen Ackles got in the spotlight after Dark Angel & Smallville.

2. The main storyline. The Pilot set the ball rolling and from what I have read, it hasn't gone off course. It's basically a tale about two brothers who lost there mother and are brought back together because the same thing killed Sam's girlfriend. They are searching for that demon, and their Dad, but are coming up against different things while on that set path. It's fantastic.

3. The urban legends that they have used so far rock and so far there have been excellent twists. The best twist so far was the revelation in episode 5 'Bloody Mary'.

These are just my opinions though. My judgement will be different because I'm a big Jensen Ackles fan and also, the fights in Supernatural have me hooked. I love this kind of action (It's my new Buffy/Angel I think).

Edit: I'll admit that when it comes to this show, I do have a sick fascination with the pairing of Sam/Dean. I know I shouldn't but there is just so many Wincest fics and fans out there :unsure: .

I'm shuddering that you think it's the new X-Files OR Buffy :P

If anything, Mysterious Ways was the new X-Files. It cropped up just about the time that the X-Files ran itself into the ground. And yet, despite it's quirky characters who actually had some kind of reasonable motivation, interaction and history, it was (I believe) abandoned. Well, I know we're not getting it anymore. <_<

And when I say reasonable motivation, I mean it wasn't some random unexplained event that made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also, if I'd seen my girlfriend die like that, I don't think I'd have been all "gosh darn it, now I've gotta go road-trippin with my bro until I can track down the nasty critter".. :unsure:

And I'd say that Smallville is the new Buffy, if such lightning can ever be contained in another bottle. You've got your superhero who doesn't necessarily want to have these humanity-saving powers, but has to use them on account of all the evil forces that keep gravitating their way. Evil which ranges from miscelaneous power-hungry freaks up to general kinds of no good, to intelligent, already powerful people who want to make it personal.

Anyways, I really haven't seen anything from Supernatural that comes close to these shows based on ep-to-ep content or overall mythology. Well, maybe Smallville - I'm not overly attatched to that :P.

And when I say reasonable motivation, I mean it wasn't some random unexplained event that made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also, if I'd seen my girlfriend die like that, I don't think I'd have been all "gosh darn it, now I've gotta go road-trippin with my bro until I can track down the nasty critter".. :unsure:

That made me laugh so much :lol:

Okay, so my reasons for loving Supernatural are 100% shallow but to me it is the new Buffy. My reason? Because I haven't been this obsessed with a show since Buffy ended.

:wink:

Archived