All Saints

*dW*

All Saints is looking for a couple of new characters following the departure of long-time cast member

Allison Cratchley

, who played

Dr Zoe Gallagher

Cratchley's

departure follows that of Alexandra Davies, who played ambulance officer Cate McMasters. Davies quit the show this year. Expect to see several several new characters arrive on the scene in the coming months. Word is one may be the niece of Dr Frank Campion, played by John Howard. Producers are also looking to introduce a new doctor.

Source - The Sunday Herald Sun

Edited by **Julie**

That behind the scenes thing was on this morning (hooray for pulling an all-nighter!) and it was hilaaarious. They were all behaving very nutty in between scenes. Andrew Supanz was standing behind Virginia Gay and she was whispering to the camera about finding him in his natural habitat. "He is unaware of our presence..." But he was staring at the camera like this "O_O" and nibbling on something like a cute little gazelle hehehe...

All Saints is looking for a couple of new characters following the departure of long-time cast member

Allison Cratchley

, who played

Dr Zoe Gallagher

Cratchley's

departure follows that of Alexandra Davies, who played ambulance officer Cate McMasters. Davies quit the show this year. Expect to see several several new characters arrive on the scene in the coming months. Word is one may be the niece of Dr Frank Campion, played by John Howard. Producers are also looking to introduce a new doctor.

Source - The Sunday Herald Sun

I can't say I'm upset.

Zoe

has never been a favourite character of mine, and it puts the spotlight more on

Charlotte (don't know if it could be classed as a spoiler)

. Good ridance(sp?) IMO.

I missed the behind te scenes thing :o - I'll have to see if it gets uploaded to YouTube.

Edited by Luc

All Saints facing legal action over incest slur

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...2-10388,00.html

THE popular Channel 7 television show All Saints is facing legal action after insinuating children with Down syndrome stem from incest.

Down syndrome families are outraged and demanding a public apology by Seven.

The Daily Telegraph has learned the advocacy group, Down Syndrome Australia, is also lobbying major advertisers to boycott the show.

In an episode which aired on May 27, a brother and sister who were having an incestuous relationship were told their unborn child was likely to have Down syndrome as a consequence.

The group has sought legal advice and is lodging formal complaints with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission and Federal Government ministers. Some families are demanding a public apology by Seven.

"All Saints has stigmatised every person with Down syndrome and their families," said Dr Peter Sloan of Down Syndrome Australia.

"We already know of one instance where a child has been victimised because of this episode."

On Seven's own website, some viewers have left angry comments:

"I am a mother of a beautiful 5yr old who has Down Syndrome. My issue with tonight's episode is that in explaining the incestuous relationship and the subsequent pregnancy why did the writers have to single out Down Syndrome as the "birth defect"? Why the negative spin re Down Syndrome?"

"I was appalled with this episodes storyline - the viewer is left with the idea that Down Syndrome may be caused by the incestuous relationship - this is completely untrue and creates stigma and prejudice against people with Down Syndrome and their parents."

"Down Syndrome is in no way caused by incest - all our family will never watch this show again, I hope the there is a public apology to all people with Down Syndrome and their parents."

Leading geneticist Dr David Amor at Murdoch Children's Research Institute said: "There is absolutely no increase in the risk of Down syndrome for the offspring of incestuous relationships."

Producers of All Saints have denied any wrongdoing.

Advocacy group, Down Syndrome Australia is lobbying major advertisers to boycott All Saints after insinuating children with Down syndrome stem from incest.

In an episode which aired on May 27, a brother and sister who were having an incestuous relationship were told their unborn child was likely to have Down syndrome as a consequence.

The group has sought legal advice and is lodging formal complaints with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission and Federal Government ministers. Some families are demanding a public apology by Seven.

"All Saints has stigmatised every person with Down syndrome and their families," said Dr Peter Sloan of Down Syndrome Australia told the Daily Telegraph.

"We already know of one instance where a child has been victimised because of this episode."

"I am a mother of a beautiful 5yr old who has Down Syndrome. My issue with tonight's episode is that in explaining the incestuous relationship and the subsequent pregnancy why did the writers have to single out Down Syndrome as the "birth defect"? Why the negative spin re Down Syndrome?"

"I was appalled with this episodes storyline - the viewer is left with the idea that Down Syndrome may be caused by the incestuous relationship - this is completely untrue and creates stigma and prejudice against people with Down Syndrome and their parents."

"Down Syndrome is in no way caused by incest - all our family will never watch this show again, I hope the there is a public apology to all people with Down Syndrome and their parents."

Leading geneticist Dr David Amor at Murdoch Children's Research Institute said: "There is absolutely no increase in the risk of Down syndrome for the offspring of incestuous relationships."

They should have said special needs not downs.

THE popular Channel 7 television show All Saints is facing legal action after insinuating children with Down syndrome stem from incest.

Down syndrome families are outraged and demanding a public apology by Seven.

The Daily Telegraph has learned the advocacy group, Down Syndrome Australia, is also lobbying major advertisers to boycott the show.

"All Saints has stigmatised every person with Down syndrome and their families," said Dr Peter Sloan of Down Syndrome Australia.

People are idiots. At what point did they say that ALL cases of Down Syndrome were caused by incest? Never. Because it's not true, and everyone knows it's not true, and no one would say it. So someone's been "severely victimized" specifically because of this episode have they? Gee, I'm sure that wasn't done by cruel and ignorant people who were just looking for an excuse... MUST be all down to All Saints trying to present a sympathetic and sensitive storyline about a brother and sister who love each other in a way that most people wouldn't understand! You'll note that no-one has taken issue with that part - why? Because the storyline did what it set out to achieve, it was good. Why are these people kicking up such a patheticly arrogant stink over a minor detail that was beside the point?

Suggesting that Down Syndrome could be a possible birth defect resulting from incest is not unreasonable - perhaps if this geneticist guy says it's not true, then fine, they could say "we got that part wrong," but the point was to illustrate a mental birth defect and that's the one that most people would be familiar with so that's the one they used. My god. Are people going to start doing this with

Ric and Viv's baby? "MY baby has Down Syndrome and I'M not a 40 year old adulterous skank who seduced and deceived a 20 year old into getting me pregnant. That is SO offensive to imply that ALL Down Syndrome kids are a result of that same exact situation! I'm never watching H&A again!!!!!!

Ugh. People irritate me. A writer with good intentions (ie to remind people of the risks associated with incest and protect future children from an increased risk of being born with difficulties) made a technical error - get over it. Take the storyline as intended and stop trying to make trouble just because you can. Get off your soap box and put the flaming torches down, morons <_<

You know what? I was offended by that crazy lesbian woman (because she clearly is insane) implying that being attracted to someone of the same sex is exactly the same as being attracted to a member of your own family, but I know that wasn't the intention - it's just how I took it. Let's all get the Gay and Lesbian community boycotting All Saints while we're at it <_<. In fact, we should bring in the pro-incest people too - I'm sure there'd be some out there. How DARE they show an incestuous relationship in a negative light! Those BASTARDS!!!!!

God I hate people! >_<

Having a disability myself i can see how people would be mad about it,they should have said special needs or birth defects,not singled out DS.

I have Spina Bifida and wasn't happy when they insinuated last year that Frank's unborn child had it and would be a burdon for the rest of its life.I'm an independent adult who lives alone.It's a tv show and people take notice of it.I wasn't overly offended by it but i did think about it and wish they didn't always focus on the negative,making having a disability out to be a bad thing all the time.

So yeah,i get the point of the story but understand parent concerns to and don't think they should've specified DS alone.If that makes me an idiot so be it.

Edited by ~Lynd~

I'm sorry - I know it's a sensitive issue - but it really irritates me when people are purposely offended by things that aren't meant to be offensive. I think boycotting a show and pressuring sponsors to pull out of a good show for one incident that was never meant to be offensive is ridiculous.