Family Guy

Guest Dean

I recently watched the third season and the start of the fourth season. I love that scene where Peter tells the family they've been cancelled.

Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, FreakyLinks, Wanda at Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal, Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The $treet, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Luis and Greg the Bunny.

Lois: Is there no hope?

Peter: Well, I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot.

I also love this random gag from the third season

Lois: Nigel's charming, all British men are.

Peter: Yeah, right. That's what they said about Benjamin Disraeli.

[Cutaway to Disraeli writing in an office]

Benjamin Disraeli: [to audience] You don't even know who I am!

It's true, I didn't. But it's still hilarious.

Also, the raccoon that keeps attacking Peter in "To Love and Die in Dixie"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seth MacFarlane is too attractive to be a voice actor. But then, his voice is too awesome for him to be anything else... Oh well. I enjoyed his presentation of the 100th episode clip show. Those people he corralled were pretty stupid not to realise that he was the voice of Brian. Maybe they were too busy getting lost in his eyes...

Seth MacFarlane: Well, we hope you've enjoyed this look back at the first 100 episodes of Family Guy. [holding up a glass] And here's to the next 100. And hopefully we won't get canceled for two and a half f***ing years in the middle again! [smiling] Good night, America!

^_^

• 2 months later...

Yes! I love Stephen King. I was so excited ^_^ I haven't seen/read The Shawshank Redemption - I don't like prison stories - but I enjoyed that segment too. I liked how Peter said that a black/white friendship would make it "aspecial" for the audience :P

The only one I'd read was Misery. Not that it mattered because all three of them were ripping off the movies more than the books.

Highlight for me was Joe getting paralyzed in all three. :D I suspect they were ripping off that Simpsons Halloween episode where Willie keeps getting axed in the back.

• 6 months later...

Loved the episode "Jerome is the New Black" and Quagmire's increasingly angry rant to Brian about why he and a lot of the fans hate him.

Quagmire: Okay, I'll tell you. You are the worst person I know. You constantly hit on your best friend's wife. The man pays for your food and rescued you from certain death, and this is how you repay him? And to add insult to injury, you defecate all over his yard. And you're such a sponge. You pay for nothing. You're always like "Ooh, I'll get you later," but later never comes. And what really bothers me, is you pretend that you're this deep guy that loves women for their souls, when all you do is date bimbos. Yeah, I date women for their bodies, but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of Catcher in the Rye and then lecture them with some seventh grade interpretation about how Holden Caulfield was some profound intellectual. He wasn't! He was a spoiled brat! And that's why you like him so much -- he's you! God, you're pretentious! And you delude yourself by thinking you're some great writer, even though you're terrible. You know, I should've known Cheryl Tiegs didn't write me that note. She would've known there's no "a" in the word "definite." And what I think I hate most about you is your textbook liberal agenda. How we should "legalize pot, man...", how big business is crushing the underclass, how homelessness is the biggest tragedy in America. Well what have you done to help?! I work down at the soup kitchen, Brian. Never seen you down there. You wanna help? Grab a ladle! And by the way, driving a Prius does not make you Jesus Christ. Oh wait, you don't believe in Jesus Christ, or any religion for that matter because "religion is for idiots." Well who the hell are you to talk down to anyone?! You failed college twice, which isn't nearly as bad as your failure as a father. How's that son of yours you never see? But you know what? I could forgive all of that — all of it — if you weren't such a BORE. That's the worst of it, Brian. You're just a big, sad, alcoholic BORE! I'll see ya, Brian. Thanks for the f***** steak.

Archived