Kane's Breast Cancer Battle *reposted*

Guest Di

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Good-bye forever Babe

Kirsty was in the relative's room when her dad and Beth came in "oh sweet heart I'm so sorry”. He knelt in front of her as if she was his little girl who had fallen down and needed a comforting hug. His eyes were full of tears but he knew he had to be strong for her.

Beth and Irene hugged, Flynn came in to see how they where doing and to bring a drink for them."Thank's for all you did for Kane", Rhys hugged him”, yeah but it wasn't enough was it". "He wasn't strong enough to fight the Meningitis."

Beach House

Kirsty went to her room, she was curled up in a ball she hugged his blue sleeveless top he had worn yesterday, and his smell was on it “Kane why did you have to leave me”. She cried into the top.

Irene was sat at the kitchen table staring, and hugging the cuppa Tash had made her an hour ago. Tash and Kim were busy getting Irene’s room ready for Rhys and Beth to stay in just in case Kirsty needed them.

Kim had the settee while Irene shared Tasha's room; it was not as if they were going sleep all that much anyway.

Irene didn't see Rhys and Beth come in, she jumped when she heard Rhys”, Irene these are his belonging's from the hospital, they where in one of those big white hospital property bag’s.” how is she?”

"I think she is asleep, because she isn't crying anymore”. Rhys reached in to the bag and pulled Kane’s suit jacket out and walked towards there bedroom, taking a deep breath before he entered.

Kirsty was indeed asleep, he placed the jacket gently on Kirsty, and then kissed her cheek and said, "God bless" before walking out the room again.

A couple of hour's later it is just about to become daylight

"Kirsty's not in her room" said Beth she was taking her a drink, “I know where she will be," said Irene, the beach. Rhys went to see if she was there, he got to the fence, and he could just make out someone sat on the sand, Kirsty still Kane’s jacket on, as Rhys had closer.

The Beach

"Kirst what are you doing here"“, Kane loved the sun rise", "he used to come here when we had a fight””. To watch the sun come up" "he used to say a new day" a new start", "a clean slate".

Rhys was holding on to her, as if he was never going to see her for a long time. The sun rise seemed big brighter, than normal.” This is for you babe" kirsty whispered. As she throw a bunch of wild flowers' in to the sea.

The beach was filling up with the jogger's and early surfer's trying to catch a wave before they had to go to work. Rhys and Kirsty walked arm in arm, back up to the Beach house.

Jesse and Flynn were just of for there morning run. Jesse hugged kirsty "I'm sorry "was all he could say he and the bay were in shock, No one could believe he was gone.

A couple a day's later, it seemed like a month to Kirsty most of the funeral arrangement has had been sorted by Irene as she was his legal guardian, sadly for just for a few hour's of Kane's life.

Scotty P was granted day release to attend Kane's funeral. Nobody wanted him there but he was Kane’s brother.

The Bank

Kirsty was told when she went to the bank to sign there little savings over to her name. Kane had a safety deposit box in the bank. Kirsty found some legal documents Kane's will, another bank account.

Kirsty did not even know he had another account. There was $100.000 He had put a claim in for his injuries caused by when Dani knocked him down.

"Why didn’t he tell us"? Kirsty was surprised at what else she found. Kane had taken a life insurance policy. Irene was just as shocked as she was. “Look you can give him the send off he deserves". Kirsty just burst out crying, "Hey come on love", "let's get you home".

The beach house

Irene and Kirsty's parents, Shelley had come from the City were worried, about her, as she had been sick in the mornings, also she was sleeping as well. Flynn came to the Beach house to see her.

He asked her if she was taking her anti rejection medication, she had. She did a urine sample so he could just give it a quick check out. "Kirsty when was your last period”Erm... it was two months ago" "why"..."I think your preganat"." my god".

She went as white as a ghost, and cried. "I will send you for a scan to see", "but it look's like your about eight week’s”. She Ran out of the house in tears, Flynn came out of her bedroom.

"What did you say to her"? "What’s the mater is her Kidney’s?” Look I can't tell you"“, just leave her alone for a while; she needs space to get her head around a few things".

The Rock’s

Kirsty was at their favourite place, the rocks. She smiled as all the happy memoirs came flooding back, of all the happy time's they had there. She sat down and started talking aloud as if Kane was as her side.

"Kane I wish you could be here with me". "Thank you your heart and sprit will live on our baby”.” I’m going for a scan later"," I knew all you want is our baby to be a boy".

"So it can take after his daddy" "get's what he wants in the end no matter how long it may take”.” Remember what name we had Kyle for a boy" and" Katie for a girl”.

Kirsty did not see Dani, come up in front of her. "Hey we have been looking for you for ages"“, might have known you where here". Dani sat down next her and rested her head on Kirsty. "Do you remember when we first came here", "you wanted to go back to the City”.” You missed the hustle and bustle of city life".

"I'm so glad you stuck it out" and didn't go and life with Aunty Jane in England", like Jade did”.” Sorry she can't make it back”.” hats okay it's not as if we are all that close anymore”,” since we had only seen her twice", "in the whole five year's we have been here”. That was when Dani was on Trial for trying to kill Kane. And the second was last year for Christmas.

They sat and talked about the if and buts of the up's and down is of having Kane in the family, they cried and laughed together. They didn't see it was going dark as they were so close again, something they both had terribly missed but were to stubborn to admit it to each other.

"There you both are". Rhys had been looking for them for a couple of hours. They walked hand in hand along the beach watching the sunset, "night babe" Kirsty said as the last of the sun's orange glow disappeared.

The beach House

Kirsty was worn out when she got back to the beach house and went to bed; there was always tomorrow to tell her family about the baby. She wanted to keep her and Kane’s secret for another night longer.

The next morning, at breakfast Kirsty told them she was having Kane's baby they were stunned. But where happy for her a they realised this was the focus Kirsty need's, to keep on going on without it they Feared she'd lose the fight to live.

The hospital

The scan room was full to bursting with Irene, Dani, Rhys, Beth, Shelley, there to give Kirsty the support she needed. It was a so quiet you could here a pin drop Dani and Rhys was holding her hands, as the scan began.

Rhys was so gob smacked at the technology of the scan, it was a three D scan, and it was amazing.

"Do you want to know the sex of the baby"? The doctor broke the silence."Yeah I do so I can tell Kane"“, when I see him for one last time”, she broke down her dad gave her a hug. Everyone was nearly in tears when she was told it was a...

The Beach House

It was soon time to go and see Kane in the chapel of rest Kirsy had taken most of the afternoon getting her self-ready. She put on a pair of black trousers, and the pink butterfly top it was Kane’s favourite. She left her hair down. There was a knock on the door. Irene told her Flynn was waiting for her.

She wanted him there, as she knew it would break her family's heart, to see her so upset.” "Ready" "yeah". "Do you have everything you need”Yeah" she held up the scan of the baby, and she had some other bit's she wanted to put with Kane.

The Chapel of Rest

As she walked into the chapel of rest, Flynn stood out of site, but near enough just in case it got all to much for her. "Babe were going to have a boy", as she put a scan picture in his coffin.

As well as her half a locket he had given to her when they got married, some photo's of happy times. She also put some of the perfume he loved on a hankie, and placed it in as well.

"We can be together for ever now babe", she shed a single tear it dropped on to his face, as she kissed him for one last time.” I love you babe forever"“, goodnight sleep tight”. Flynn held on to her as they walked out the room.

Thank you all you who read this.

To be continued...........

Awww its great to read this fic again Di, I remember reading it when It was first posted. :))

Awww so sad, poor Kirsty and Irene. :((

Wow thanks for reading it again hun, yeah I enjoyed writting it so much too.

• 2 months later...

Chapter Eighteen,

Kane’s funeral

It was still dark outside when Kirsty and Irene, and most of the bay had gathered at the Marina, to send Kane off in style he would have wanted. They waited on the jetty, as they heard the distant thunder of the Blaxland come slowly in to view.

It had been exactly a week previously when Kane and Kirsty had arrived on the Blaxland for there Recommitment/Kane Adoption service. It was all done out in cream and Pink.

Today it was all done Black; the flag was at half-mast. Kane was brought home for his last journey.

They all climbed onto the Blaxland, and waited for the sun to rise. It did not disappoint them it was a most fantastic sunrise as if it knew it was for Kane. There was not a dry eye on the Blaxland. They stood hand in hand around Kane's coffin and sang amazing grace

Amazing Grace

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

that saved a wretch like me....

I once was lost but now am found,

was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...

my heart to fear.

And Grace, my fears relieved.

How precious did that Grace appear...

the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...

we have already come.

T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...

and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...

His word my hope secures.

He will my shield and portion be...

as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years...

bright shining as the sun.

We've no less days to sing God's praise...

then when we've first begun.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me....

I once was lost but now am found,

was blind, but now, I see

They just hugged and kissed, it was time to leave Kirsty to have a few minutes alone with him before his service in an hour's time. Matilda was upset as they walked of up the jetty.

The church

Everyone was walking up the gravel path to the church upon the large hillside where they walked past some of the bay's residents who where buried or where there ashes were. On happy times, a few weddings and a couple of christenings had taken place over the eighteen year's.

There was a light breeze as well as storm clouds gathering, as they waited for Kane to arrive. A short time later, he was here. Flynn, Scott, Alf, Noah, Rhys, and Jesse were all dressed in black, as they carried his coffin in to the church.

Four-prison officers flanked Scotty P as he sat at the back of the church. Jesse whispered to Rhys "let's hope he behaves himself".

The service was under was, "we are gathered here today" "to celebrate the life of a young man" "who was taken well before his time”.” Kane Phillips was a well liked young man of the Bay”.” He worked hard for an honest living"; "doing a job many just dream of”.” "He leaves a widow” "also an unborn baby".

Alf was the first up to talk about Kane and his life in the bay, "yeah he'd be

over the moon", and “infact as they have all ready lost one pregnancy sadly he didn't know his wife was pregnant again". Kirsty was holding on the Rhys hand so hard it was going numb.

"Kane was no saint”;” he has had his far share of run inn’s with the Police”.” But he has worked so hard to try and fit in here" "to prove himself”. There aren’t many young men with his past" "who'd have the gut's to come back to a place” where he was so hated". "But he knew there was someone here"" he wanted to spend his life with”. Alf looked a Kirsty and smiled at her.

"A weaker mature man would have walked away"“, Kane was different he was a tough UN for someone so young". "He had been used to knock back's in his life" as his childhood was no picnic”. Suddenly there was a loud "That’s a bunch of crap", he was loved”. It was Scotty P. There was gasp's, and tuts as the prison officer's took him outside. Rhys went out to them."

“ He isn't welcome here anymore”.” Rhys "was so angry he spat his word's out "How dare you stand up and upset, Kane's wife ““, my daughter”, his friend's, "your a disgrace"“, your scum," as Scotty P was led away "rot in hell you bastard".

Rhys walked back inside, as they were going to listen to Kane favourite songs

Aerosmith--I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in this moment forever

Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't want to close my eyes

I don't want to fall asleep

Cause I'd miss you baby

And I don't want to miss a thing

Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream will never do

I'd still miss you baby

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating

And I'm wondering what you're dreaming

Wondering if it's me you're seeing

Then I kiss your eyes

And thank God we're together

I just want to stay with you in this moment forever

Forever and ever

Cause I'd miss you baby

I'd still miss you baby

I don't want to miss one smile

I don't want to miss one kiss

I just want to be with you

Right here with you, just like this

I just want to hold you close

Feel your heart so close to mine

And just stay here in this moment

For all the rest of time

Cause I'd miss you baby

I'd still miss you baby

I don't want to miss a thing.

Irene’s turn

"I have had loads of young and older, kids"“, teens, young men stay with me over the years". "But one has stood out I'm not just saying that I mean it”.” Kane was a lost soul when he first comes to the Bay".

"He had a horrible start in life he was a loner" "he moved on from town to town trying to fit in”.” But his luck changed as soon as he stepped in to Summer Bay".

"He didn't give up when no one would give him a fair chance". "Well he was new and we had to see what kind of person he was”.” But he once settled in”.” We saw a very mature hard working"“, young man who'd do any job going."

“ As well as getting a licence, and all hit boat safety qualifications, at college”.” Kane wasn't your average lazy, youth".

"But then his life got better"“, when one certain beautiful young woman caught his eye”.” When he decided to better himself even more”.” With going back to school". "Well he was one brave soul", "as he'd be one of the oldest pupil's there" .there were a few giggle's echoing around the church.

"They went through so many high's and lows in there young life's", "it puts some of us oldies to shame." "He had a great job, on the Blaxland, with Scott Hunter"

"He'd got married and was happy”.” But as if he had not been given enough heartache "“, his wife got sick”“, and lost there baby”. Irene started too cried as she read.

"Then Kane got Cancer", "Even though he was real crook at times" “he was still determined to carry on as normal." "Going to work when he could", "helping around the house””. Not many men would do the ironing", "or any house work, but he put in his fair share".

"Anyway it was when he was really sick in hospital"“, I realised something was missing from his life a Mum”.” So that's when I decided to adopt Kane as my own."

"Sadly, his life was tragically cut short" "his weakened body couldn't fight the Meningitis".

"Irene struggled to get her words out "Good night god blesses you my son", rest in peace Kane.

Kirsty was sobbing so much Flynn had to calm her down, "hey come on you have to be strong for this baby", "nice big deep breath's" "in" and "out", "that’s it" , "in and "out" .Soon she was calm again .then they played,

Every Breath You Take~ The Police

Every breath you take

Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'll be watching you

Every single day

Every word you say

Every game you play

Every night you stay

I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see

You belong to me

How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make

Every vow you break

Every smile you fake

Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace

I dream at night I can only see your face

I look around but it's you I can't replace

I feel so cold and I long for your embrace

I keep crying baby, baby please

Every move you make

Every vow you break

Every smile you fake

Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Scott said a few word's, "He was a trust worthy worker" "always polite” ” hard working” ” I don't think I could ever replace him". There was only one Kane Phillips.” Behave your self-up there man "and have a wail of a time" "Don't forget to keep an eye out on your wife. From time to time."

As they walked out of church, they played

Robbie Williams ~Angels

I sit and wait

Does an angel contemplate my fate

And do they know

The places where we go

When we're grey and old

'cos I have been told

That salvation lets their wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed

Thoughts running through my head

And I feel the love is dead

I'm loving angels instead

And through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection

Whether I'm right or wrong

And down the waterfall

Wherever it may take me

I know that life won't break me

When I come to call she won't forsake me

When I'm feeling weak

And my pain walks down a one way street

I look above

And I know I'll always be blessed with love

And as the feeling grows

She breathes flesh to my bones

And when love is dead

And down the waterfall

Wherever it may take me

And down the waterfall

Wherever it may take me

Kane was laid to rest High upon the hill looking out to sea; there was a wreath with KANE. There was also a little blue wreath with the word DADDY.

The little grave yard was swampt with all the friend's and the only two people that were like his parent's Irene and Alf were in tear's Alf gave her a hankie and gave her a reassuring hug.

Kirsty was crying as Rhys and Shelley held her close to them, as his coffin was lowered into the ground. Kirsty threw two roses in, "bye babe be good”, she whispered. He was all too much for her as she collapsed to the floor.

Hospital

Kirsty woke up and found herself in a hospital bed, she looked around half expecting Kane to be at her side, and then she remembered she had buried her husband that morning.

Beth was sat her side, Where is my dad, he has gone to get you some thing’s. Beth couldn't look at her; she had tears in her eyes.” Is the baby all right I will just get Flynn?

A few moment's later Flynn walked in with a serious look upon his face,” tear’s stung her eyes". "I lost the baby didn't I”? Flynn nodded, she started crying. Beth hugged her, "come on let it all out”. They both sobbed tears of...

Archived