Kane's Breast Cancer Battle *reposted*

Guest Di

Nice to see this fic again, Di. :)

Awe bless hun, thanks for reading it again hun. :)

CHAPTER TWELVE

Round one

"The blood test you had a couple of day's ago was normal" so you can start your Chemotherapy" "okay" "yeah" "Firstly we will give you a an anti sickness drug ,by injection through your hickman line".

"Then an injection of doxorubicin (a red fluid) is put in with, a saline drip" "as well as the cyclophosphamide, is also put in the same way, it will take up to an hour for it to all go through”.” Right did you understand all that", "yeah I think so" said Kane.

James the nurse cleaned his line’s, then started the treatment, “I will have to stay as this is his first treatment, and he could be very sick, or not at all”. They just hugged each other Kane fell asleep ,as the drug's started to take, effect Kirsty just stared at him in disbelieve as only a few month's ago she was to fighting for her life.

James sat by Kane, “It show's the drug's have got into his system, he might sleep a lot in the next few days, it could be a very bumpy ride for you both. Just then Kane shot bolt up in bed, James knew what was going to happen as he seen it a thousand time's before.

Handing him a bowl Kane retched into it, its okay" kirsty rubbing his back. He sat there for about five minutes, but he was not sick. He went back to sleep, for the remainder of the chemo session.

It was soon time to go home; Irene had come to take them home. “Don’t forget you have to drink at least two litres of fluids, to stop the cyclophosphamide irritating your bladder.

Thanks said Kirsty "come on let's get you home", said Irene Kirsty held his hand and in the other he had a supply of sick bowl's. When they reached Irene's car she said, "I have a little present for you.

She lifted a bucket out of the car, it had a big simile face on it, and Kane was bemused. "Meet Chucky the bucket”, Thanks Irene just what I always wanted, my own puke bucket”, he got home without having to use it.

"Where is everyone," asked Kane "well Kim's gone to stay with his dad, and Tash is staying with the Sutherland's for a few weeks? Hope that is okay with you, "yeah it’s fine" said Kane.

"

Can I get you anything babe” "can I have a peanut butter and cheese sandwich please” am just going to lie down on the settee" "okay babe." Kirsty was telling Irene that she has to feed him up to keep his weight up. Then she raised her voice so Kane could hear her." I love a man with love handles". "Hey I heard that,” said Kane.

Kane slept most of the evening apart from when. The nausea woke him up. “I would rather hurl .than feel like this all the time,” said Kane. “Time for your anti sickness tablet's babe,”" there huge tablet's Irene pipe's up”.” Well if they work, I will take them he went asleep again.

Have never known him so quiet", Kirsty said I cannot believe he has Breast cancer, “I didn't know men get it"“, hey nor did me" Irene pipe's up.

Kirsty was telling Irene, What the Oncology doctor told them, what to expect and the possible side effect's.

A low white cell count, making you more prone to infection, bruising ,or bleeding ,This effect can begin from 7 day's after chemo .10 to 14 day's. Is the worst time .You are likely to get more ill at this time”.

What did they say about hair loss”, we know how much he loves his side burns", “it usually start's 3-4 week’s, after the first chemo treatment.

There was a knock at the door, “I can I come in," it was Flynn. “Sure you can" said Irene "how is he".

Well he has slept most of the time hasn't he "yeah" we were just talking, about the side effects, f the treatment", "How are you doing yourself Kirsty, hope you are looking after yourself.

"Yeah I’m looking after myself.” He saw the bucket "yeah that is chucky" Irene got it for Kane.”

What a good Idea" well it made us all laugh said Kirsty. "I thought I heard your voice". I was wondering how you are, "well apart fro..."He was cut short by the nausea.

Awe... god "Kane dived up and rushed to the bathroom, he just made it as his fragile body shook, with the retching, as he vomited in to the toilet.

At the diner Colleen was in a tizzy, getting orders mixed up, "what's the matter with you woman". Duncan sneered watch your mouth son, Alf said, "Can’t you see we are, trying to carry the best we can with no Leah," and "Irene said she can't come in for a couple of days."

I could have done with her”, as Leah isn’t back to next week". We will manage said Alf. Colleen as she had guessed that Kane had started his chemo, and Irene wanted to help as much as he would allow, her to as Colleen, knew how stubborn Kane was. Robbie was very happy to have Tasha staying with them he liked all the fussing she gave him.

As he was still having headaches and was on strong painkillers. "Hey nurse can I have a drink "Tash slapped him "hey I was only joking", "Did you see me laughing, "SORRY" you will be.

Sally was wondering where Flynn was, as he had left the hospital over an hour ago, and then there was a knock at the door. "Hello only me" "Hello Colleen "Sally said rolling her eye's.

"I was wanting to see the little ones, before they went to bed,” with all the knocking on the door, one of the twin's had woken up”. Sit down while I just sort out who is crying", said Sally."

On your own then" "yeah well it looks like it," she said a sarcastic tone of voice .They said he left the hospital over an hour ago he should be here by now"

I have been here all day with the twin's, and need a break,” she said coming out of there room.

Mean while back at Irene's ,house Kane had been in the bathroom, for a while” I will go and see if he is all right", said Flynn" yeah thanks," said Kirsty Flynn walked in the bathroom ,he saw Kane had fallen asleep ,with his head over the toilet.

Flynn shook him very gently, "Kane wake up", and “its Flynn come on mate. Kane woke up, and he wondered where he was for a second, "come on lets get you out of here".

Flynn helped him up as he was all wobbly, and weak .He took him back to the living room ,and sat him down on the settee, just then he started ,retching again Flynn grabbed the bucket ,and Kane was sick another three time's ."Has he had the anti sickness medication the hospital prescribed him.

“Yeah he has, they even told him to take it when he felt fine”, "yeah that's because they work better. Right Kane I’m going to give you an Injection, something a little bit stronger".

A couple of minutes later Flynn had given him the injection, and he fell asleep holding Kirstys, hand and chucky the bucket. I will phone his doctor, so they can let me give him, an anti sickness drugs by injection"."

Thanks, "said Kirsty”, just make sure you get as much fluid down him as he can take”,” and II will see him in the morning, to give him another injection.

"Right I had better go as Sally, will be wondering where I have been.

"Thanks again, Flynn”, that’s what I am here for”.” I will let him out" said Irene.

When he got home, Colleen was there "hi Doctor I just come to see the twin's" Sally called him into the kitchen” where the hell have you been” Sally raised her voice.

"I was with a new chemo patient why”.” WHY "you ask I was worried sick I phoned the hospital, and they told me you had left over a good hour ago”. Sorry but I wanted to see how they were going as it was there first chemo today" I am glad I went as he was very sick and had to give him an injection."

Look I do try and get to see my three favourite people as soon as I can" he said it a suck up voice" Colleen had over heard what he said poor Kane she said to herself, “Right I had better let you be” said Colleen.

"Bye Colleen thanks for coming" "don't you forget you know where I’m if you need me to help with the twin's". "Thank you bye”, Colleen was going straight around to Irene's seeing poor Kane and giving him her support.

"You who only me" as Colleen knocked at the beach house”, I assumed it was you" said Irene "Flynn was talking about that he had a new chemo patient to look after" "yeah Kane had his first chemo today and he is a bit poorly.

Kane was on the settee dozing and waking up when the nausea hit him like a ton of brick’s. Kane woke up, hi colleen it took him a while to come round "I was just wondering how you were" "I feel crap and this is only the first session”.

I’m so tired and I ache with all that spewing but apart from that yeah not bad” he said "can I have a drink of milk please babe" okay babe as they kissed ,well I see you still got the energy for kissing "yeah I will always find the energy to show my wife how much I love her."

Don't forget if you need to talk I have been there done that as they say," thanks colleen Said Kirsty as Kane was retching again”. II had better leave you in peace" "Night thanks for coming" said Irene.

Letting her out. Kane got upset and started to cry "hey babe I'm here shh... come on let it out" Irene was shocked to say the least she had not seen this side of Kane all that much.

It really brought it to her attention that there was a very vulnerable side of Kane somewhere in that emotionally and scared mind of his.

Kane spent the night trying to sleep but the nausea, vomiting kept him wake, and Kirsty had to change the bedding, as he had not made it the bathroom in

Time.

Hey babe" he managed a weak smile as Kirsty awoke "You look crap" said Kirsty "well I feel as I look crap" "Yeah I heard you a couple of times after I had to change the bedding "yeah sorry about that babe" It can't be helped" "Awe... god here he go again" as he grabbed chucky.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Di sorry haven't read in a while I've been pretty busy but I've just caught up with this: it's great. I love chucky the bucket! Well done hun, keep the chapters coming. xxx

...even tho it's so sad :(:P

:( yep sure is hun :P

Hey Di sorry haven't read in a while I've been pretty busy but I've just caught up with this: it's great. I love chucky the bucket! Well done hun, keep the chapters coming. xxx

Hye no worries hun, glad you like it here is the next chapter :)

A MONTH HAS PASSED

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A night At The Race's

Everyone knew about Kane’s cancer, as Kane was finding it hard to hide it from them, Scott was wondering why he was suddenly been sick, and he blamed it on been seasick. Rhys was wondering why Kane kept on disappearing, also why Kirsty was looking so pale, and worried over something.

She had been jumpy, when then asked if everything was okay, between her and Kane. Everyone was in shock as, they did not realise men could get breast cancer.

Rhys wanted to bury the hatchet with Kane. If Dani could do, it was only right he did the same.

When Rhys went round he was glad Kane was sat down, as he would have passed out with shock, with what Rhys had come around to say.” I...I. don't know how to say this, so I will come straight out with it”.” I realise what an ass I have been over the last few years”, and If Dani can move on so can I.

Kane had his second round of chemo this morning, and was feeling very sick ", excuse me,” said Kane as he was sick in chucky the buckie, Kirsty was there rubbing his back and telling him its okay babe.

Rhys was shocked how ill Kane was Irene could see this, and told them this was normal for Kane when he had his chemo”.” Shall we go er... no, please stay, he managed to say before the nausea hit him again.

Irene had made a cuppa for them, as Rhys carried on telling Kane that he would not wish cancer, on his worst enemy and he hoped they could put the past behind them. Kane was shocked and happy with what Rhys was asking from him.

"I realise now how much you love Kirsty, and no matter what we did to try and stop you two been together, you always found a way.” I admire your determination" "Thank's I...I. don't know what to say, I’m glad we can finally move on”.

Kirsty had an Idea to cheer Kane up, and while Beth and Rhys were there, she announced it. "Why don't we have a recommitment ceremony, for the entire Bay as they weren’t at the wedding”? Kane agreed, "As this is a new start for us babe”, as he kissed her. The recommitment was going to be on the beach, near the marina.

The word got out, and the bay went in to recommitment mode, Alf donated the diner and food for the stag and hen night. They were going to have a fundraiser, towards the building of the teenager cancer ward, at the Yabbie Creek Hospital at the same time.

For the recommitment, Jesse, Scott, and Noah donated the booze. Hayley and Dani and Leah said they would do up the surf club. Irene and Colleen were going to do the food. Robbie, Tash, and Kim said they would organise the music. In addition, the kids said they would help.

There was another shock for Kane when he asked Irene to give him away, as his best woman and Rhys afford to do a speech Kane was blown away with the kindness. It took him to get caner for the people of Summer Bay to finally accept him.

It was a couple of day later, Irene was looking after Kane, as Kirsty had an exam and he was sick, so much so he collapsed in the bathroom. Irene was in a tizzy as his breathing was not great, while she was waiting for Flynn, she realised how much Kane meant to her.

When he had asked her to give him away. She knew from that moment she wanted to adopt him as a son. A few moments later Flynn shouted, "I’m here" as he rushed to the bathroom to find Kane in a bad way. “He is dehydrated from the sickness" and as he took his temperature, "I’m sure he has an infection we had better get him to hospital NOW".

They had arrived at the hospital okay, and Kane was rushed to the cancer ward and given a saline drip and strong antibiotics through a canula, as they think his Hickman line is infected”.” What do we do about Kirsty" "she is in a maths exam”. I will phone sally, and see what she has to say" "at least someone is with him.

An hour later Kirsty comes running with Sally, "how is he Flynn" "he has an infection in his line, and he will go to theatre later to have it changed”.” He also is dehydrated from the sickness”, Kane was still out for the count as Kirsty and Irene sat by his bedside.

Meanwhile at the palace Dani and Rhys were talking, about the way they had treated Kane. "I know he hurt me but I can't keep hating him for ever" "that will not help me to get past this".

"He has to deal with the guilt for ever, what he did to me"."In addition, hurting Kirsty forever will not make that any pain any easier. They hugged and cried just then the phone went, it was Kirsty "Kane’s really ill they have rushed him into ICU.

"They had to take him to theatre, to take the infected line out; she was crying, "we are coming straight away thanks for phoning”.” What" Dani asked Kane’s in a bad way Kirsty needs us. At the hospital, Irene and kirsty were outside.

They are cleaning him up as he was sick, and the antibiotics are giving him diarrhoea as well. Poor thing said Dani, how you doing as she hugged Kirsty .It was touch and go for the first 24 hrs, and then he was finally moved back to the cancer ward.

At Irene’s they were talking about what they could do, to cheer Kane up, as he was a bit depressed. Which can happen when you have cancer, you go through a lot of different emotions”.” I got it, "said Irene "I was waiting until he was better, but hey" "What" said Kirsty" I want to adopt Kane as my own son”.

Isn't he a bit old for that, No I have looked into it, and I can do it ", what do you think " It’s a great idea Kirsty said hugging her. Irene went to the hospital and asked Kane if she could adopt him. He was so overwhelmed he burst out crying, "Yes I would love for you to adopt me”, Irene and Kirsty were crying too.

A week Later Kane was well enough to come home, and have a nice walk across the beach he missed it so much. "I love you so much babe," Kirsty said "me too" as they kissed Alf was fishing.

"I see your getting better mate, "yeah I not to bad thanks Alf.” They walked to the surf club, so Kane could have a rest. "Look at you" Hayley rushed over and hugged Kane.

He was kind of embarrassed from all the fussing", I might have to get sick more often. If this is what happens”.” Don’t you even think about it" Kirsty playfully hitting him. "Hey 'I’m sick," he laughed everyone was glad, Kane was getting there but the road is long, and he is only half way down it. He still has another two to four cycles, of treatment to go, depending on the results of his scans and blood tests.

Kane was well enough to resume his chemo; it was a month since his last treatment.” Here we go" as James, the nurse clipped the line open, for his chemo to go through. "Hey babe I love you", "yeah I love you to". Kane was asleep ten minutes later, as the drugs hit his system.

An hour later it was all over, "see in three weeks and "WE" do not want to see you here until then understand," said James”. I will try my best” ”Hey good luck with your recommitment, in a couple of days and don't over do it" .James had a grin on his face Kane went red.

It was the day of the fundraiser, and the joint hen/stag do, Kane slept most of the day, while everyone was finishing off. Alf had closed the diner early, to get the projector screen ready, and Irene and colleen was doing the snacks. Kirsty kissed Kane. "Hi babe" "are you ready to party said Kirsty.

Rhys had come to take them to the diner”, are you ready to go?" he said as he walked in "Hey no hurling in the car it has just been cleaned". "Hey me would I" he, was smiling but he felt crap.

On the way there, Kane started to retch, so Rhys pulled over, Kane had a great big grin on his face "hey" "you.... Rhys swore. A little later Alf was straight in, "you know why you are here, and we want to raise lots of money for the teenage cancer ward”. In addition, to celebrate Kane’s, Kirsty’s stag, and hen nights.

"Right let me explain what will be going on tonight, we are going to do greyhound racing." "The rules are as follows, there are six dogs, so only six people can enter a race." "You choose a name for your dog, and pay what ever you want", "and the first, second and third places will win”.” Before I forget what ever you, pay in for each race half of will go to the hospital."

Right Kane you can pick the first tape, Henry and Max wanted to call there dog Matilda, "don't you dare they jumped as they hadn't realised she was behind them.”Ok then we will call it you, hot babe Tasha. "Hey she is my girlfriend hands off the name”, said Robbie.

They settled for bad boy Duncan. the first race was starting everyone was shouting, for there dog to win, "YEEESSSSS" said Kim his dog Charlie came first Beth’s dog I love getting married came second, and Kane and Kirstys Hey Babe came third.

On to the next race, Barry Hyde called his dog Irene, Matilda called hers Ric, and Flynn called his Pippa/paul. Barry won that race .So as the night past on Jesse, Scott and Noah were getting very merry. "Hey the palace can you keep it down a bit, we cant here are self’s think" "SORRY" said Scott. Irene and Colleen were making more snacks and serving at the bar.

Kane went outside as he felt sick, a couple of minutes later. "Awe god" ... Irene could here someone spewing there guts up sound is like "someone’s had too much to drink.” As she opened the fire door, she saw it was Kane, "awe gawd n ben it.

"I assumed it was a drunk." "Er on... he didn't get to finish as the nausea hit like a ton of bricks.” Shall I get Kirsty" "no... I... will be fine", she got him a chair, and a washing up bowl as it was a bit chilly, she put her coat on him." Thanks Irene" "no worry's just giz, bell if you want anything " "will do.

It was race six and Kirsty had not seen Kane since race four, she looked all over for him she went to the toilets, he was not there up to the Bar, "have you seen Kane”. "Yeah he is outside not feeling too good I’m afraid" "there you are" awe babe I was getting worried. "Hey shah"... he started to cry she hugged him." Can we go home" asked Kane."

Okay I will get Flynn to take us", she kissed his head and went to find Flynn. "Hi you guys" "sorry to trouble you can you take us home" Kane's not to well”.”Whats wrong" as Flynn jumped up "he is outside been sick"" Sorry Sally will not be to long”,its fine go and take him home.

"Hey it's not that bad of a party is it”, Flynn trying to cheer him up, Flynn helped him in the car, and they were soon on there way to Irene’s. Once there he gave him some painkiller's, and anti sickness injections. To settle him off for the big day He was soon asleep, been sick and the drugs, he just had.” If you want anything just asks," "I will”.” I will leave you be", "Thanks Flynn "no worries".

Back at the diner it was the last race of the night”, right you drunken lot a little twist." "You have to bet on the dog that you think will come last. Duncan had a go and he called it Morag, Alf was not amused to say the least. The palace table all chipped and they called, it evil Felix. Sally had a go and called hers mad medic. Alf had a go and he called his Ailsa Alf won.

"Right you horrible lot haven’t you got homes to go to, the palace boys were very drunk as the girls tried, to walk them in a straight line. They reached the beach and Jesse; decided he wanted to go for a swim to sober up. Hey not a bad idea, as they removed all there, clothes and jumped into the sea .Before the girls could stop them.

"Hey I have an idea," said Dani "come one, get there stuff hurry up.” They ere giggling as they ran off the beach, and back to the palace. Hayley asked”, what know" Dani ran out with some of her under wear "come on grab the camera". They arrived back at the beach the lad's were wondering looking for there clothes Jesse was having a pee in the sea.

"Ewe you tramp" said Leah "where is our stuff””. AT home but if you are going to walk home your going to have to put these on" as Dani threw her underwear at them "‘I’m not wearing that" "Aww but yes you are". The girls ran after them finally they had got them on Hayley was taking photos of them in a bra and pant's.

They managed to get them home without to much trouble, Jesse had crashed out on the settee Noah was doing what he always does making cheese on toast very badly I might add Scott had threw up in the bathroom and was asleep on the floor.” Leah you are staying here tonight" no arguing, "I have rung the babysitter and she has agreed to stay" "providing you get home before nine a clock".

"Thanks Dani" Hayley came and pushed Jesse on the floor he didn't even realise he was still flat out .Dani came out with some make up and they put it on Jesse Hayley pink put nail varnish on his nails.” Let us hope he goes and collects his car from the diner” looking like this” the girls was in stitches.

Noah had fallen asleep in his cheese and toast. Dani took loads of pictures of them I cannot wait to show these off they will never live this down.

Thank you for comments guys.. happy reading :)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Recommitment/Kane's Adoption

It was 6am"Ahhh awe" Jesse woke up and wondered why he was on the floor, he had a headache, and he saw Leah on the settee. He kissed her as she slept, he just got up and had a drink of water, and he was wondering where the painkiller is where.

At the diner, Alf had just opened up, and he was starting up the grills for the breakfasts. Jesse was walking along the beach the sea was calm and the sky was a blue. Perfect day for Kane and Kirsty.

He was wondering why the early morning jogger's, where sniggering and pointing at him, "look's like someone had fun last night”. Jesse was still not sure what they were talking until he looked at the nail varnish on his nails.

"s**t I will kill them” as he made a sprint to the diner and hoping he wouldn’t' bump into anymore of the bay's residents' on the way to pick up his car, from the diner.

Meanwhile at the beach house Irene had cooked up great breakfast, for Kane and Kirsty. "Knock" knock” can I come in", Super Flynn was at the door." Yeah sure more the merrier”, He was here to give Kane his IV antibiotics' and to top his anti sick ness med's and his painkiller's.

"Can I come in are you descent" Irene asked as she knocked on there bedroom door "Yeah come in" "How was he in the night" well he was only sick once.

It was the same dream everyday, Dani's face came into view, and she was laughing as she said you deserve the cancer. Then when she knocked him down, she knew he was there, and drove straight at him.

She mouthed die you bastard he stand is there unable to move in shock as he felt the point of inpact. That is when he always wake’s. Covered in sweat.

"Hey babe that dream again" he just nodded, as he gulped big breaths of air in.

"I love you babe" as Kirsty held him in her arm's.

Jesse walked into the diner, Alf face was a picture "what the flaming crows' happened to you". I am going to kill Hayley Dani and Leah, for this. Looks go up to the flat and wash it off

Sorry I haven’t got anything thing take the pink nail varnish, as Alf had a big grin on his face.” young one’s today"." put you a full English on while you get cleaned, up."Thank's Jesse said while walking up the stair's.

At the palace, Dani, Hayley, and Leah were busy finishing doing the special chair's, for Kane and Kirsty "I'm so excited Hayley had a great big smile on her face as they stuck on the red velvet love hearts.

"What is wrong with her” what do you mean”,” you have been acting funny all morning”. Come on spill the beans" "Hayley still with the biggest smile on her face”, come on tell us ".

."Okay Aunty Leah and aunty Dani" Dani put her hand to her mouth and let out a happy scream, "omg" Leah hugged her tummy as they all danced around the living room.

At the marina Scott, Noah and Jesse were putting doing the final touches, Noah was distracted "Hey day dreamer are you helping or not" , "sorry Scott" got something on me mind. Scott looked at Noah what marriage in trouble already.

"No that's not it””, Well come on don't keep us hanging on,” Well your going to have to find some were else to live Scott”.” Why" "well we need your room", with a great big grin on his face”. That’s great New’s mate I’m happy for you," Jesse said patting him on the back, and shacking his hand. "Yeah congratulation’s mate" Scott shook his and gave him a hug.

Scott and Jesse were loading the recommitment chairs into the car, and the girl's were getting dressed, they were still buzzing about Hayleys pregnancy.” What do you want Hayley" "hey it is too early to be talking about what I’m having".

It was the perfect day for Kirsty's and Kane's big day, it was a nice day for there wedding they had a few month's ago, Kirsty was surprised that Kane got everything perfect.

However, this time around it would be even better as Kirsty's family would be there.

Irene was making breakfast, Kane was waiting for Flynn to come and give him his medication, and he was not feeling too great. His chest was hurting him. He had a slight headache.

Kirsty was in the shower when Kane Rushed in the room to throw up,” You all right babe”. He managed to say in between the vomiting "yeah I’m fine”,” Flynn’s a little late coming this morning that's all," he said not wanting to worry her.

Scott was finishing washing the Blaxland, for its big day. Where did you get to Dani asked him, was checking the surf club was sorted. "However you are wet” I...was...erm.

He was saved by Noah and Hayley rushing downstairs’, they were giggling like two school kids. Dani just stood there with her hands on her hip is, sulking and moaning that she and Scott never did that kind of thing anymore.

Therefore, to keep her happy he put his wet t-shirt down her back "hey that's cold.” She wet him with a cup of water.” This is like a mad house" Jesse comes in they don't hear him at first.”Awe hi Jesse what can we do for you".

He was all embarrassed”, well...hum. Leah has sent me over". I was wondering if, "well. Leah was wondering if any of you beautiful ladies "have any spare tights”, Leah laddered hers.

"Yeah I have some Hayley tells him I will just get some”. Scott and Noah were looking at him all funny. "What" wonder what you have been up to this morning. Jesse goes all red,” look it is not what you think". Hayley rushes back down stairs; Jesse take's them and rushes out the door.” What did you say to the poor guy?”

Flynn was at the beach house giving Kane his medication.” Sorry mate sorry it's that time of day”.” How are you feeling today”?” Nervous" say's Kane”, well you have already done the wedding thing before”.” Well I’m sure you will be just fine”?” You’re a little hot are you sure you’re okay"?

Kirsty sat next to him, "he was sick just before you came". "It could be that," said Flynn. He was not convinced, are you sure your okay Kane "?”Just a little headache, I’m fine stop worrying about me"."

Okay but just give us a bell if you feel worse" "Yeah sure will thanks Flynn”“, No worries””. I will just let Flynn out””, Okay babe" as they kissed.

Kirsty quickly gave Flynn the overnight bag, she had hidden in the kitchen.” hank’s Kirsty," see you later and don't forget, I’m only a phone call away" "yeah thanks bye”.

Kirsty was helping Kane get dressed, Irene was yelling for Tash and Kim to get a wriggle on. Only Irene, Kirsty, and Kane knew about Irene Adopting Kane. She popped her head around their bedroom door.

"I'm just off to pick up the paper's from the court, see you there" "Yeah see you later" as Kane and Kirtsy kissing and giggling like two school kids.

At the Marina, everything was in place and most of the guests had arrived. Baby Pippa and Paul were dressed up in there best clothes as everyone was cooing all over them, on how sweet they looked.

Colleen had Paul and Sally had Pippa they were quite content. They had been fed and changed in the car and were dozing.

The guest's were sitting on red and cream chair's that were covered in red and cream rose petal's and had red love heart's on too.

Just then the there was the familiar sight of the Blaxland coming into view everyone was shaking there head's and laughing.” Well what else did you think there were going to arrive in" said Alf.

Kirsty was helping Kane up the walkway to there guest's, Kane was a bit worried.” I can't see Irene anywhere” she will be here", "do not you worry she will be here.” Your shaking babe is you okay" "yeah just nervous that’s all””, you will be fine”.

They walked up the isle so to speak, Kirsty wore a pale pink knee length dress, and Kane was wearing a black suit with a white shirt and pale pink tie. Everyone was commenting on Kirsty's dress and how well Kane has scrubbed up .When Kirsty and Kane saw the chair's She started crying.

"It was Hayleys idea,” said Noah, "they are beautiful Hayley". As Kirsty hugged her and cried Thanks, "hey you deserve them”. Where does Irene have to "Alf looked at his watch, for the fourth time in as many minutes?

"You okay mate" Flynn was a little worried, as Kane looked a little pale "Yeah just a nervous and cold”.” I will just go and get a blanket from my car".

Flynn was at his car when Irene arrived "Hey your cutting a little” "Yeah I know but had to get something very important" "What you doing up here ?" "I was just getting a blanket for Kane".

"Is he allright"He is a little cold and nervous"; "I will keep a close eye on him”. Come on don't want to keep them waiting any longer than we have to".

"Sorry I’m late” Irene whispered to Kane "the paper work was still in need of the signature from the Judge.” Right let’s crack on shall we" Alf was in charge of the recommitment service."

As we all know we were not invited to Kirsty and Kane wedding, They wanted it very low key there was giggle's from some of the guest’s,” Kane and Kirsty went red.

"Any way that is going to go first" "age before beauty I think said Irene” there was a few giggle's in the crowd.

"Kane held Kirsty's hand as he began”, Kirst you are my life my"“, you have made me into the person I' am today "Kind" "loving" hard working””. Sometimes Kane looked at Rhys hard going.

Rhys went red and put his head down in shame, Kane looked back at Kirsty and carried on "but I stuck at it"," you are my friend" "my wife" "my soul mate" "my everything.

"This is why I have got to fight this cancer for you" "I will fight no matter how hard it gets.” With every last ounce of energy" "and with every breath I have in my body.” I will try my dam hardest to stay here with you." Tears were welling up in his eyes,” You had better Kane Phillip’s”. I love you Babe so much it hurt’s”. They were both crying.

You could see the pain etched on his face, he put on his bravest smile he could muster he gritted his teeth, as the pain he had in his chest worsened. Kane edged to edge off his chair and kissed his wife”, I will love you for ever, more than any word's can say."

She was blown Kirsty’s turn away by what Kane had said to her. She had to compose herself.” I felt like I was a missing piece of a puzzle”, I” couldn’t find it no matter was I looked.” No matter what I did, nothing seemed to fit right.

"I was just about to give up.” When I saw you walking along the beach, my heart skipped a beat”, you were back”. You were the forbidden fruit,” I knew it was wrong but it felt so right to me”. I saw a guy who could handle himself”, a guy who I could tell my darkest secret's to”.” A person who needed to be loved for once in his life"

A guy who had so much buried love in his heart to give.” I knew I had found my missing piece of the puzzle” that day. I" love you more than life it self" your my rock" "my heart” my soul”. I love you so much my heart hurts babe. "Kirsty kissed Kane as there tears collided together into happiness, joy and sorrow, and pain.

There were tear's and cheering from the guest's," Thank you so much for coming" Said Irene.” However, there is a little something else we have to do first "A little hush please...

ADOPTION PART

A lot of you know I don't see much of my family these day's". "Kane and Kirsty, and yes you too Tasha and Kim"“, are my family so to speak". "Any way’s I would like to tell you all some good New’s."

"You know I look at Kane and see how much of a man he has become over the last couple of years". "He has struggled to fit in here but he where most men would have just given up a long time ago.” He just kept on until we realised that the past is now in the past ".

"He has come one of the Bays most popular, respected, young hard working”.” Devoted husband, a carer and good house husband”. There were a few chuckles "He does his fair share around the house”.

"Even now”, he is sometimes to crook to stand but he try's to help where he can.” Kane goes bright red”, hey I look quite sexy in an apron,"

The point is he is like another son to me”.” So much so I have adopted him, there was waves of omg, and well done.” good on you Irene "Tasha cuddled her and Kane and Kirsty.”Well you’re a dark horse aren’t you” Said Alf. "

"Is there a seven day cooling period", "if you change your mind" Robbie pipe's up ".Robbie" as Beth slapped him,” Sorry only kidding”. It made Kane smile, "hey does that mean you have to call Irene.” mum from now on" asked Max.

"Er no I think Irene will still be best don't you”.” Mum make's me feel old." Everyone came up to Kirsty and Kane and Irene, hugging them kissing them and Shaking hand's.

• 2 months later...

Chapter Fifteen

THE PARTY

Everyone had arrived at the surf club. Kane was getting helped in from Flynn and Scott as he was all wobbly as he had been really sick on the way from the Marina” Come on let's get the party Started” Robbie said as he put on the first song "This is for the happy couple"

U2 "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"

Tough, you think you’ve got the stuff

You’re telling me and anyone

You’re hard enough

You don’t have to put up a fight

You don’t have to always be right

Let me take some of the punches

For you tonight

Listen to me now

I need to let you know

You don’t have to go it alone

And it’s you when I look in the mirror

And it’s you when I don’t pick up the phone

Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

We fight all the time

You and I, that’s alright

We’re the same soul

I don’t need, I don’t need to hear you say

That if we weren’t so alike

You’d like me a whole lot more

Listen to me now

I need to let you know

You don’t have to go it alone

I know that we don’t talk

In sick of it all

Can you hear me when I sing

You’re the reason I sing

You’re the reason why the opera is in me

Well, hey now

Still got to let you know

A house doesn’t make a home

Don’t leave me here alone

Sometimes you can’t make it

The best you can do is to fake it

Kane struggled to his feet he was determined to dance with his wife. You could see the determination on his face as and the pain in his eyes. It would have made a grown man cry, if you could see Kane struggle to dance, as every movement was so pain full.

He was due for some more painkiller's and anti sickness med’s. There was not a dry eye in the house, as the record finished and he almost collapsed in it to Flynn's arms. Jesse had made a space in the office with the workout mats as a kind of bed so Kane could rest and have his medication.

Kane gingerly sat on the edge of the mats, with his head in chuckie the buckie and Flynn was rubbing his back. As he vomited " That’s it get it all up", as tears ran down Kane’s face. Kirsty had gone to get him a drink "hey can't even leave you for two minutes can I" as she came back in.

When Kane had stopped vomiting Flynn given him his medication, He insisted that Kirsty went back to the reception. She kissed him as he fell asleep exhausted from Chemo side effects and the dancing but he was so happy that he managed to do the dance with Kirsty.

The party was in full swing Tash and Robbie were dancing , It was Kim's turn to do the music (Robbie can dance so good I wonder if he has been doing some secret dancing lesson's )

Max and Henry were sat bored out there skull's" ,"Hey Maddy over here". "What do you want", i bet you can't get a dance from Kim bet you $5.00 I can" she to Henry", "your on" as they shock hand's.

Dani was talking to Hayley. Well if it was left up to Scott we might be married when we are thirty”.” Well you know what to do then”“, what me ask him to marry me". "Yeah well it's the new thing nowadays isn't it?” Well you seem to think you wear the trousers in your house, Hayley smiled to her.

Scott had just come back from seeing how Kane is doing; Dani and Hayley were smiling at him.”What have I missed something here" "what have you two been planning.”Who us"“, we was just talking about Hayley's pregnancy”.” Well don't think of getting any idea's yourself."

"Kim, Maddy was blushing "can you do me a favour”, can you dance with me”. You see if you don't Henry said he will do a Skinny dip on the way home”.” Please I’m begging you" "Yeah why not as long as it will stop Henry from embarrassing you " "Thanks".

"What do you take me for Scott Hunter”?” You know my view’s on Baby’s”,” as long as I can hand them back at the end of the day I’m fine", Hayley just gave here an evil stare, "what", "you know very well why I’m looking at you like this" .

"Yeah well there is a time and place for this kind of thing”. Scott went off the bar to get more drink's well that is what he said he really went for a chat with Jesse and Noah.

Maddy went up to a gob smacked Henry and Max "that will be $5 you owe me Henry". "What did you say to him”,” what do you mean". "I just asked him and he said yeah".

"So what happened to the "I" wear the trousers"“, in this relationship". Hayley was teasing her "Well who wear's the trousers in your marriage then Hayley" "Well we both do". "Yeah right" "we do you will se once your married".

Kane had managed a couple of hours at the party, He just wanted to crash out in bed. "Right a little hush please," asked Flynn tapping his glass.” I have a little surprise for the happy couple”, they just looked at each other."

"You are going to spend the night on the Blaxland" Kirsty had a great big grin on her face. "You knew didn't you"" Yeah I did." she kissed Kane, "one small catch you will have to put up with me” said Flynn.” What about Sally and the twin’s”, don’t worry about it, Colleen is staying the night." Wild horses cannot stop me.

"Maybe in nine month's time there will be another baby in the Bay” added, Hayley. And we can have a play mate for our little one”, everyone went silent. "Well you kept that under your hat." Said Irene rushing up to Hayley and hugging her.

While Alf shook Noah's hand.” A toast to the happy News" "cheer's" and the noise of glasses clanging together rang around the Surf Club.

"Yeah well at least I’m not going to be doing anything to adventurous” are we," said Kane an embarrassed Kane and Kirsty.

THE BLAXLAND

An hour later Kane and Kirsty were settled on the Blaxland, with Flynn in tow. Kane was asleep Kirsty and Flynn were talking about what the future is going to hold for her and Kane.” I" hope we have the chance to have one child at least."

"I bet Sally didn't think she would have any children"“; never mind twin's following her Cancer”.” No she did not nor did I come to think of it”.” She was so happy that she had survived" "this was an added extra".

Kane “I don’t feel so good Flynn” disturbed them. Kane was pale as he staggered towards them and then he collapses.

"KANE" as Flynn rushed to his aid and tried to wake him up "KANE” can you hear me" "KANE" Flynn shook him. But there was no response "s**t don't do this to me son" Kirsty just screamed”, Kane no don't do this to me not today "Please not today".

"Kirsty get my medical bag," "KIRSTY" Flynn shouted again to her“, come on Kirsty I need you here”.” Flynn was clearing his airway he checked his breathing it was very shallow. His temperature was sky high. Kirsty was back with his medical bag.

"What do you think it is Flynn"“, well it might be a chest infection" "or another Hickman line infection again", just then a purple rash was just about coming visible on Kane's chest.

"O my God" "No it had better not be" “What Kirsty could see the shock on Flynn's face.” He might have Meningitis". "I'm sorry.

Flynn gave him a Penicillin injection "Kane can you hear me" "It's Flynn", Kane came too a little.” I’m going to put a canula in your hand", so I can give you some fluids”.” Okay mate stay with me" .Kirsty was crying, He said in a whisper I love you kirst" "don't leave me" "please don't leave me".

He was mumbling he did not really make sense, Kirsty stroked his face, she did not know what else to do. His temperature was sky high, he was pale,

Just then he started vomiting violently .Flynn had to whip him on his side so he wouldn't Aspirate it into his lungs,” it is all right "as Flynn held him on his side.

Kane was moaning about the light hurting his eyes, and his neck hurting him. As Flynn and Kirsty carried him to his car. I love you and do not leave me babe. Was all Kirsty kept on saying to him? "Kirsty you stay with him and keep him on his side"“, this is very important, you do this okay” She just nods.

Kane managed to say I love you babe before going unconscious again. Kane stayed like that for the whole journey. Flynn knew this was a bad sign he had slipped into a coma.

#Kane’s last words

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

KANE FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE

The hospital was not very busy. As Flynn burst through the double door’s. This is Kane Phillips", "he is a chemo patient", and “who has Breast cancer He has a high temperature is 104, he has a stiff neck, dislike to bright lights, he has vomited repeatedly.

"I gave him a shot of penicillin.” Flynn was saying to the on duty doctor.

"Kane can you here me", he had slipped in to a coma.

He had blood test’s,” blood pressure is low", "he need's an lumber puncture as soon as possible” Said Dr Mark Edward’s, They also pumped a mixture of very strong antibiotic’s into him" we need to get him stable first in ICU."

Flynn and Dr Mark Edwards, were giving him drug's to keep his blood pressure up and fluids as well, they curled him up in a ball with knees up to chest so they do the spinal tap to see what kind of Meningitis he has.

They wiped the area with antiseptic, and put green surgical drapes on his back. Flynn put the fine needle between the spaces in his spine in his lower back. Mark held a specimen bottle, as the blood stained cloudy fluid dripped from the plastic tube in his back.

Kirsty was allowed back in once they had done it and incubated him .The deep purple rash was creeping from his chest to the rest his body.

"Will he live Flynn "“, please don't lie to me”? We don't know if he will live it's too early to tell" "I’m sorry Kirsty" Just then Irene came in as soon as Kirsty saw her she burst into tears.” Irene what are we going to do””, He might not make it this time".

"Hey shhh... come on" as Irene hugged her tight”, he is a fighter””. All you could hear was the bleeping of his oxygen sats, and the dips in his blood pressure. Irene and Kirsty were sat in silence. For what seemed like hours, but in reality it was only half an hour.

Then suddenly the ICU nurse shout's "Mark his Kidney's are shutting down”.” I will bleep the kidney ward so they can come and put him on emergency Dialysis."

"What's happening to him”?” His body is shutting down”.” It start's close down his organ's one by one”.

"His body is keeping the most vital organ's going first”.” But all his organs are" "Yeah but his Brain and heart and lung's need it more than his kidneys do". At the moment anyway".

"His limbs are cold" cause the blood is not going to them." "That’s why they can turn black and may start to die"." my god”.

Kirsty was allowed back in to sit with Kane, she must have fell asleep, cause she woke up in with a start all she could hear was get her out of here.

Kirsty and Irene were ushered outside the ICU unit as they worked frantically on Kane, "Come on Kane don't do this" "not on your Recommitment/adoption night. Flynn struggled to put his emotions to one side as they tried to stabilise his poisoned body.

One two three as he bagged him, those word's were all Flynn could hear around him as he and the ICU team worked on him. They worked on him for a good half hour

"s**t shock him again 200 this time”,” clear shocking", his body rose slightly as the paddles were pressed on his chest. The heart monitor was sill flat lined”,300 this time” clear shocking" his chest rose again still nothing...He was gone.” Time of death 12:33 pm".

Dr Mark Edwards just looked at Flynn he knew what he now had to go and do; he had to give himself a minute or two to compose himself. He knew this would be one of the hardest nights of his life.” Do you want me to tell them", "err no I think it should come from me, and “just give us a minute" "Yeah sure mate" as Mark patted him on the back.

Kirsty and Irene were sat on them horrible plastic chair’s, as in slow motion Flynn walked towards them, he did not need to say a word; you could see the look in his eye's. "NOOOOOO "Kirsty screamed. He... ca..."She fell to the floor. Irene just stood there tears running down her cheek's, in shock.

"Kirsty”, "Kirsty" the word's seamed so faint and kind as she came to, Irene was still crying ,"It's true isn't it" the look in Flynn's eyes said it all, he nodded.” Can I see him" "yeah sure when you are ready. A few minutes later with Irene holding her arm to steady her, they opened the swing doors to the ICU.

There was a curtain around Kane's bed; Kirsty took a sickening salt tasting breath in as Flynn opened the curtain. She put her hand to her mouth and started to cry, Irene sat her down "Ca...Can I... ""Yeah you can touch him," Flynn whispered. She held his hand and sobbed her heart out. Irene and Flynn just hugged each other as tears fell freely.

A little while later in the relative’s room.” Do you want me to call anyone for you Kirsy", Irene snapped her from her day dream”. "Err can someone phone the prison his brothers in, "erm...."Hey don't you worry about it”, Irene told her. I will just phone your family, and go from there. Flynn was there with them, after Irene had gone out of the room.

"Flynn d...did... h...he suffer" "No Kirst he was in a coma"“, the last thing he would have remembered would have been on the Blaxland". "Glad he wasn't in pain and he was on the boat he loved it there". "Yeah he did" Flynn whispered softly.

"Kirsy I’m sorry to bring this up", "but did you know he carried a donor card, "Yeah why?” I’m sorry we can't use it”.” His organs are not suitable to use .Kirsty broke down as Irene came back into the room "what am I going to do without him", she sobbed her heart out in Irene's arm’s. Your dad is coming with Beth.

Archived