Donating

Guest Chris J

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is you debit card a VISA card? If so then you can sign up for paypal with that and then donate. You don't just need a credit card for paypal :D

I used a UK Visa debit card to make my donation. As Jess says, if your card has the Visa logo on it, all should be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I do think donating is a fantastic idea! But a fair whack of people are younger and aren't going to have credit cards or even a debit card. If you could get something like a Post Office Address(As in a box at the post office, Not sure how much that would be, or if you would even want to do that.) Then you wouldn't have to give out your home address. These are just suggestions, then people would be able to use money orders and cheques. I really do want to donate but unlike most, don't have a credit or debit card!.

You do know that VISA as well as Paypal is absolutely safe?

Just to show what VISA do in cases of phishing... Click me.

Companies subscribing to the Phish Report Network can then access the database or receive real-time notifications of known phishing sites and take action to block these bogus sites from their customers. Microsoft, eBay and PayPal are also subscribers to the service.

That's ok! :) Just wanted to let you, and others, know that VISA is very, very safe.. If something were to happen. I have all my money on another account than the one tied to my VISA-card, and I transfer money regularly when I buy something with it - just as another safety measure.

Link to Paypal's security site.

Archived