Law And Order: SVU

Guest Dean

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Diane Neal's replacement (:() has been cast. Michaela McManus of One Tree Hill fame has been cast as Kim Grayleck.

July 15, 01:06 PM

Introducing Michaela McManus

As promised, we wanted to give our Blog fans first dibs at our new cast member: Michaela McManus.

Michaela comes to us from the TV series "One Tree Hill" and we couldn't be happier to have her! She is originally from Rhode Island but went to Fordham University for undergrad and NYU for grad school, so we consider her a NY native.

Her character: ADA Kim Grayleck has a great back-story. She is a hot-shot young DC up-and-coming lawyer who has recently separated from her husband, also a government lawyer. Her marriage is at an end because Grayleck used information her husband gave her in confidence to blow the whistle on a Congressman involved in a sexual harassment case. She had been dealing with the policy-making side of sex crimes for years and worked for the Federal Office of Violence Against Women. So she works hard to keep things like what her husband leaked about the congressman from happening.

After losing her husband and many friends, too many people in DC developed a negative opinion about her biting the hand that feeds you. This sends Grayleck spinning. She reexamines her life and career and comes to the realization that it's the victims she wants to help. So she jumps ship to NYC and makes a lateral move into the Manhattan DA's office (she's no baby ADA, she's a proven trial attorney).

She's a crusader, she's a newly single woman not interested in dating, and she's going to pour all of her energy into her work. ADA Kim Grayleck is going to take on all comers!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I may as well bump this thread - what's the most disturbing thing you have ever seen on SVU?

IMO, it was that 14 year old who raped a 10 year old boy and a couple of girls - that was truly sickening. No wonder that episode was rated MA15+.

:o Casey's leaving? I'm watching it on a French channel and they're far behind. <_<

Thought I may as well bump this thread - what's the most disturbing thing you have ever seen on SVU?

There are a lot of disturbing things on that show. But the one you mentionned is definitely one of the most disturbing ones I can remember. I can't come up with another one right now but I'm sure there are a lot more.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived