How to screencap, Q&A

Guest Tamxxx

Okay :D. You right click on the main orange bit of the program (I hope you know what I'm going on about :lol: ), and you just hover your mouse over the video option (the 7th one down), then after that go into the sub-menu called advanced screencapture (also the 7th option). And from there you can change the destination of where you want your screencaps to be stored. The advanced screencaps window is where you go to change most of the settings that you would probably want to change. I probably haven't explained that very well at all (I'm pretty useless when it comes to operating software :lol:). If you have any more questions, just ask I might be able to answer them :unsure::lol:.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, I understand you :lol: Thanks very much for your help! how do also change the size? as in, if I want my caps to come out a certain size?

and another question, lol... how do I change the filenames? so when I'm capping, the filenames come out like 001 and 002?

No worries!! :D Sorry, I wish I knew the answer to you first question myself, I've been trying to find out whether you can change the size and if so....how! :lol: In regard to your second question, I have no idea why your screencaps have filenames like that :blink:. You should have a new folder called 'Gomplayer', in your documents folder and inside that folder there should be another one called 'Capture'. You could rename them from there. I have got one idea actually, why your caps may be coming out like 001 and 002 etc. Perhaps that relates to the screencap number?? :unsure: For example is 001 the first screencap you made? Sorry that wasn't much help either :(.

lol no my screencaps dont come out that number :lol:I was uping they would, but I guess I'll just rename them :D

and you're gonna kill me... ONE MORE question :lol:

how do I play DVDs in GOM? I need to make caps from a dvd

PS - thanks so much for the help!

Thats okay!! :D I was just experimenting with a DVD myself and I really don't know how to get it to play in the GOM, I'm really sorry about that :(. But I'll continue trying to work out how the program actually works but I've never capped or played dvd's in it before so, I haven't got a clue . To resize your screencaps you could use an online resizing program obviously it is easier if you don't have too, but I'm trying to work out if there is way of resizing them as we type :lol::D. Sorry again :( .

Archived