Return to the Bay

Guest Skykat

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! what a wicked story! im really enjoying this but when are selina and co cuming back? please post again soon! x

They'll be back within the next two chapters...I promise, i have big plans for them.

As for Kirsty trusting Gus, it used to drive me crazy that she saw the best in people but if she hadn't her and Kane would never have got together...besides it suited the story I couldn't envision why Kane would agree to go visit his father unless it was to please Kirsty.

Hopefully start work on the next chapter in a day or two, thanks for the reviews.

wow! what a wicked story! im really enjoying this but when are selina and co cuming back? please post again soon! x

Here goes, I hope this satisfies you.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“And then Jack winked at me, he must have known I was watching. So it looks like Amanda and Josh are going to finally get what they deserve,” Kit explained dramatically.

“How could you lie like that Kit, to the Police?” Beth demanded. Kit looked at her mother and saw fury etched on her face.

“I didn’t mean to do it, it was just spur of the moment and then I’d gone too far and couldn’t take it back, besides I was happy that I’d lied if it meant Amanda was going to Prison,” Kit replied.

“Kit you could have got into serious trouble for doing this, never mind the fact that you were willing to let the people who really killed your Grandfather get away with it,” Beth told her.

“Yeah I know what I did was wrong Mum but it worked out okay in the end,” Kit insisted.

“Yes it did," Beth softened, "I’m sorry I didn’t believe you when you said Amanda had spiked you sweetheart.” Beth briefly hugged her daughter and Kit smiled.

“It’s okay,” she conceded.

“So Amanda’s really out of the picture?” Robbie asked.

“Yep and Josh West, you wouldn’t believe some of the deals them two were up to, the Police are investigating everything he’s ever touched,” Kit explained. She was so excited that she did not notice that Robbie had gone slightly pale.

“I can’t believe they gave each other up like that,” Kim commented.

“I guess devious people like them don’t really know true loyalty,” Kit remarked.

“Well I’m not happy with what you did but I’m glad it all worked out okay and that bitch is finally out of our lives,” Beth replied.

“Me too,” Kit grinned.

“Well I’m off to work anyway, see you three later.” Picking up her bag Beth left the house.

“What’s up Rob, you look like you’ve seen a ghost?” Kim asked of his friend.

“Listen Kim can we catch up later? Something I need to do.” With that Robbie disappeared and Kim looked to Kit for an explanation, she shrugged.

“I guess I owe you an apology then, I was with everyone else in believing Amanda, sorry,” Kim said.

“It’s okay,” Kit told him.

“That was a pretty crazy scheme you cooked up with Morag and as for framing Amanda, you never really think things through do you Kit?” Kim asked.

“What’s it to you what I get up to?” Kit demanded angrily, her temper flaring up, “the plan to get Amanda was all Morag’s idea and…”

“Hey chill I was joking,” Kim insisted.

“Yeah well you’re not funny are you? For your information I knew exactly what I was doing and I don’t think you have any right to comment on what I do.”

“For God’s sake Kit I didn’t mean anything by it, calm down,” Kim insisted but he was smiling, he had just been reminded how sexy Kit was when she was angry but his smile infuriated Kit more.

“Don’t you dare laugh at me you moronic…” but Kit was stopped in her tracks as Kim pulled her towards him and kissed her, Kit was shocked but she felt her body responding and she kissed him back. Suddenly Kim pulled away.

“I’m sorry,” he said and then raced from the house as if he had been shot and Kit was left more confused than ever and more than a little disappointed.

“And when they asked me to be little Matthew’s godmother I nearly lost it all together, you should just see him, he’s gorgeous and Kirsty looks so contented and Kane’s so proud.” Irene was possibly as delighted about Kirsty and Kane’s baby as they were and was enjoying every minute of relaying information about him to her captive audience of Leah and Coleen.

“Aw I always said young Kane would come good and it seems I was right, a little baby hey? To think no-one would give him a go.” Coleen allowed herself a smile and Irene rolled her eyes.

“Sure and you were at the top of the queue throwing stones!” Irene protested under her breath.

“Seems like this is a day for good news what with Leah and young Daniel getting back together.” Coleen smirked at Irene and contented that she had at least one bit of news over the other woman, ambled off. Irene looked at Leah who picked up on Irene’s expression and headed into the kitchen away from her but Irene followed.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Leah remarked as she hurriedly dumped plates in the sink, her back to Irene.

“Oh yeah?” Irene asked, almost sarcastically.

“Yes and getting back together with Dan is the right thing to do, he’s my husband and I love him,” Leah insisted.

“But he doesn’t know you kissed Peter,” Irene replied.

“No and he’ll never know, please Irene you promised you wouldn’t say anything about that!” Leah begged, she turned to face Irene.

“And I won’t but do you really know what you’re doing girlie? You can’t just kiss one brother and then decide you love another,” Irene argued.

“I do love Dan, I always did, I was just…confused,” Leah explained.

“But you’re not now?”

“No I’m not.” Irene looked unconvinced.

“Look just leave it will you Irene? I’m with Dan and I’m happy so just give it a rest please,” Leah begged.

“If that’s what you want,” Irene agreed but her tone and expression implied that she did not agree at all.

“It is,” Leah insisted as Irene left the kitchen to answer the ringing phone.

“Who was it?” Leah asked when she returned.

“Alf’s accountant, he wants to speak to him for some reason, I said I’d pass the message on anyway. Look Leah it’s your life but just be careful okay?” Irene cautioned.

“There’s no need, I know what I want and it’s Dan, Peter means nothing to me.”

“Fair enough," Irene replied in a tone that would have been more suited to 'it's your funeral' and promptly changed the subject. "Are you still okay to cover my shift tomorrow? I really need the whole day off.” Irene asked.

“Sure anything exciting?” Leah asked.

“Very, actually darl. In the morning I’m picking Kirsty, Kane and little Matthew up from the hospital and in the afternoon I’m going to pick Stephen and Selina up from the airport. Oh I can’t wait to see that girl again!” Irene enthused.

“Who’s picking up the other girl, Angel is it?” Leah asked.

“Sally as far as I know,” Irene replied.

“I wouldn’t bank on young Sally for anything right now.” Both women turned to look at Alf who had just entered the Diner with Martha.

“Why, what’s up?” Leah demanded.

“She really laid into Ric,” Martha replied.

“She spoke?” Leah asked incredulously.

“Yeah loud and clear, she wants him to move out. I know he’s made some mistakes but he’s a good kid deep down and she said some pretty awful things,” Alf explained.

“That’s not like Sal she must just be grieving,” Leah soothed, “do you think I should go talk to her?”

“You can try love,” Alf replied. Martha made her excuses and headed up to the Diner flat and Alf was about to follow her when Irene remembered the phone call and passed the message on. Alf picked up the phone as Leah and Irene mused over Sally's behaviour.

“Strike me roon!” The attention of both women was almost instantly bought back onto Alf with his exclamation and after straining to hear his end of the conversation, they both waited to hear what was going on as an ashen faced Alf hung up the phone.

“What is it darl?” Irene asked.

“The accountant, she said the insurance won’t pay up because Ric and Belle used a key to get in. They said that because Kane left the key there it makes the insurance invalid so I won’t get a penny,” Alf explained.

“But that’s not Kane’s fault, you keep that key there too and Scott used to.” The ever-faithful Irene jumped to Kane’s defence.

“I know that woman, I’m not blaming him. You don’t happen to know where he is now do you?” Alf asked.

“He was running an errand then picking up some clothes for Kirsty, I was going to give him a lift back the hospital when I finish here in an hour,” Irene replied.

“So I should catch him at the house then?” Alf asked.

“Yeah but you’re not going to go off on him are you? This isn’t his fault!” Irene protested.

“I know that but the fact remains that with no boat and no insurance money there’s no way I can keep him on and I reckon the sooner he knows the better, don’t you think?” With that Alf left the Diner and Irene angrily threw the plate she was holding against the wall.

“Irene!” Leah cried, shocked.

“Just when things are finally going right for those kids something like this has to happen, when are they going to get a break?” Irene demanded, she sank to her knees and began to clear the plate away as Leah’s comforting arms went around her.

“They’ll get through this Irene, they’ve faced worse than this,” Leah soothed.

“It just doesn’t seem fair though, Kane’s slogged his guts off to fit in here,” Irene replied, “he doesn’t deserve this, not with Kirsty and Matthew to support, how on earth will they cope?” she demanded.

“We’ll all support them like we always did,” Leah replied.

“Yeah I really hope so darl because I’m not sure how much more those two can take,” she admitted and to that Leah could think of no response.

“Dylan! Dylan get back here this instant and pick up your own bag, if you don’t I swear to God I’ll hand it to the police and get it blown up!” Angel’s face wore her ‘don’t mess with me’ look and Dylan was quick to read the signs, he scowled as he collected his bag.

“I’m bored,” he announced moodily.

“Well tough luck, how about you read or do something useful? I’m sure Stephen can set you a science quiz and no you can’t go to the shops Shane!” They were sat in the airport waiting for the gate number to be announced and even though check in had been problem free Angel felt harassed. Dylan and Shane were already bored and the thought of keeping them occupied on such a long flight was driving Angel to distraction.

“How about I go with them to the shops huh and we’ll bring you a coffee back Angel and a herbal tea for Sel?” Stephen suggested.

“Thank you,” Angel mouthed gratefully as she sank back onto a hard airport chair and tried to block out Dylan’s protests that he was old enough to do stuff on his own.

“Kids huh?” Selina sympathised with a smile.

“You just wait until you have teenagers, you won’t know what’s hit you,” Angel told her. Selina rubbed her gently rounded stomach affectionately.

“Right now I can’t wait,” she replied.

“Do you know Selina, all of a sudden it’s just hit me that we’re actually leaving,” Angel confided.

“And how do you feel?”

“Terrified!” Angel admitted, “do you?”

“I was a bit scared but I’ve no doubts now, I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see Irene again and the beach and the sun. England never really felt like home,” Selina replied.

“Same goes, don’t get me wrong I don’t have any doubts, it’s just scary isn’t it? The kids are happy as anything, you’d think they’d lived in a hell hole the past ten years from how glad they are to get away!” Angel slipped her shoes off her throbbing feet and wriggled her toes. “If I tell you something will you give me an honest response?” she asked suddenly.

“Sure,” Selina replied.

“I guess for me Australia has so many memories of Shane, of the time we were together before he died and I can’t help thinking that back in Australia I might be able to reconnect with him somehow, be closer to him. Is that crazy?” she explained.

“No not at all, he was the love of your life Angel and it’s only right you’d feel closer to him in Australia, where all your memories are,” Selina replied.

“So you don’t think I’m chasing a ghost then?” Angel asked.

“Not at all, just memories Angel and memories are no bad thing,” Selina reassured her.

“I guess.”

“Is that why you’ve been so stressed out recently?” Selina asked.

“Partly,” Angel admitted.

“What else is there?” Selina asked. Angel looked at Selina’s open, honest face; they had become firm friends over the past few months and Angel longed to confide in her but something stopped her.

“Oh it’s been a combination of things, the move, the kids, everything I guess,” she covered and her hand instinctively went to her pocket and pushed the letter down out of sight as if somehow Selina could see through material and could read it’s contents. She took a deep breath and managed to smile at Stephen as he picked his way through the crowd to hand her a coffee, which was gratefully accepted.

“Mum our gate’s up, didn’t you notice?” Shane announced.

“Guess not huh? Shall we make a move?” Stephen suggested, helping Selina to her feet.

“Yes lets, the sooner we’re on this plane the better,” Angel announced firmly as she began to collect her belongings together. The sooner they were on the plane and out of the country, the sooner she would be able to forget about the letter because there was no way she was doing what it asked of her, no way whatsoever.

Just started reading....Angel has three children, she had a baby by Simon in 1999.

Really? Do you know when I started this I had the idea to make Angel have a third child by Simon but I left it out because I didn't see how simon letting Angel leave with his child would have fitted into the story. Wish I'd have known this earlier, ah well too late now, you'll just have to grant me artistic license and say it never happened in this story. When was it revealed that she had a third child by the way? wouldn't mind looking the episode up.

I'm sure it's mentioned during late-1999 when Simon comes back to the bay(played by a different actor)

Anyhow, Don needed to sell a painting for paying for Byron's treatment. He bought it and then when Don was out he had delivered back to the house.

Archived