What's your favourite Alcoholic Drink?

Guest Lolzi

I was just wondering as I didn't think you were allowed to drink "legaly" before you're 18.... Here you have to 18 for wine/beer and 20 for anything stronger.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I am aware (in the UK at least), there is a certain age at which a child can drink within the home, if accompanied by parents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, isn't it 15 or 16?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not so much that she has a favourite alcoholic drink, it's the 'if you want to get smashed easily' part!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A very good point! :P Kids will be kids, and some think getting smashed is really cool. Some grow out of it, but not everyone...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I think it's pathetic, to be honest. I know a lot of people like that and they're not good to be around.

Legal drinking age.

In the United Kingdom, children may enter pubs in the company of an adult until 9 PM and 14-year-olds may enter pubs unaccompanied if they order a meal. Some jurisdictions allow minors to drink in private, in some cases requiring parental permission; others do not.

There's more info on the UK in the article.

Legal drinking age.

In the United Kingdom, children may enter pubs in the company of an adult until 9 PM and 14-year-olds may enter pubs unaccompanied if they order a meal. Some jurisdictions allow minors to drink in private, in some cases requiring parental permission; others do not.

There's more info on the UK in the article.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a feeling that somebody would look it up. :P

No matter what the article says, I doubt that it permits U18s to "get smashed".

In NZ a minor can have a drink at any age in a restaurant as long as they are with their parents and the wait staff don't supply the kid with any alcohol or means to get the alcohol. So the parents have to give their kids the glass and also the alcohol. NOTHING can be passed from the hands of the wait staff to the hands of the kid directly.

Archived