Neighbours should be axed

Guest vikkysmile

Lisa, Neighbours is made by Grundy Television Pty Ltd (a FremantleMedia company) for Network Ten Pty Ltd.

Both Grundy and Network Ten are keeping a close eye on the ratings, and both parties are happy with them. I don't know why there are all these 'Oh, Neighbours will be axed in a couple of years' scare stories. Yes, it's important that ratings are good for various reasons. However, some of the crap I've read in this thread is simply not true!

I guess time will tell........

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand some of the seemingly pre-concieved assumptions in here of Neighbours trying to be Home and Away. Home and Away is the number one soap in Australia, fact, ratings doesn't always represent the true quality of a show (Not that I'm saying I think H&A is rubbish show), promotion and word-of mouth and cover magazines often play a huge part. I think that if Neighbours was to get the same amount of promotion it's ratings would jump. Grundy and Ten must be happy with it's ratings other-wise surely they would have said/done something by now?

It's quite obvious that many people acorss the globe disagree with people on here considering it's still on the air in many countries with respectable viewing figures. So I know there's truth in saying the BTTB Anti-Neighbours brigade are extremly out numbered and in the minority with thier pessimstic, uncalled for, crude, and unsubstantial comments.

. . . Rant over. . . Carry on. :rolleyes:

20 million viewers isnt that much! Also 55 countries out of 250? Eastenders is shown in like 6 countries and attracts more than 20 million (im not saying i like eastbenders, in fact i hate it.).

People could also watch neighbours because it is tacky! :P I know a load of people who watch it because its pure tack! :P

Yes Ryan, it is attack of the idiots! People should know better then to watch neighbours! hehe..

I wonder how many viewers H&A attracts world wide? Probably about the same, if not less, than Neighbours. So maybe you should do the math?! There aren't 7 Billion people in the world btw, around 6 Billion, so maybe you should do even more math? :wink::rolleyes:

Maybe you'd like to say why you think Neighbours is tacky? How could you expect people to respect a view that says "Neighbours is tacky" when your opinion isn't actually backed up by reasoning?

2 Billion people in the World live in China and India awnd being such vast countries probably have loads of channels.

I don't know whether either of them show it.

Loads of people live in Africa, probably another billion, however they have neither snow or TV's in Africa this Christmas time and I'm not quite sure if the greatest gift they could get was watching an episode of Neighbours.

So that's half the words population put away in two swoops, rather like a crap owl trying to get a jumpy hamster.

In fact the population of the countries that it does aire is probably 500 million meaning about 1 in every 10 people watch. That's about how many people watch Home and Away in Australia.

Saying that however, in my humble opinion I do however find Neighbours rather rubbish at the mo.

Neighbours is rubbish, imo! Was their a reason when neighbours was airing in the 90's that it was shown at 5 o'clock in the morning here?

Edit: I wasn't trying to state that 7 billion people watched neighbours

Archived