Neighbours should be axed

Guest vikkysmile

Bevan sort of owns H&A though. He knows a lot of the characters intimately. There's no doubt he's great at what he does, but he mightn't be so careful with Neighbours characters. There could be a lot of harsh character cuts, because he wouldn't necessarily be sentimental about it. But then, I guess the actors are running away at the moment as it is.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I agree about Bevan, I think his style of storytelling suits Home and Away and he just has that sentimental attachment to the show that just comes threw in the production, direction and characters in general.

No I dont think they need a H&A writer, I'd like to see Sally Ann Kerr return, she did a fantastic job with Neighbours during 91-94, which was one of the best eras in the show imo.

• 1 month later...

I stopped watching just before it moved to five. I couldnt stand alot of the characters and i'm not sure i'll restart watching.

I've completely stopped watching the show, its really boring, dull and grey. I know its may so8und harsh but Neighbours should be considered for axe. its completely lost its way.

I don't really think its that popular or a successful soap.

The characters are so unengaging, stories are weak with too much heartache for characters we don't give a toss about. and it looks like I'm not the only one to think that the viewing figures the uk also suggest this, the ratings have gone completely down. The show is really dire and tired.

Get rid of the Parkers, Marco, Oliver, Sienna and Carmella what's the point of them?

Natalie Blair is a fantastic actress, I loved Carmella when she was a guest character, but really whats the point of her now?

Neighbours is so weak its gets beaten by its competitors on other channels in the uk. ratings have gone down to 920,000 in the afternoon, not even a million. I occasionally visit the Neighboursfans.com forum for a couple of months I have not watch Neighbours until its sorts itself out. (that looks like a long time to come)

I disagree - I think the show has jumped right back on top form again since Susan (the new producer) took over. I did think it was starting to loose its direction, even just a couple of weeks ago, but its turned round again.

The ratings in Aus have been creeping back up, they almost reached a million last week, which is for the first time since the re-vamp last year.

I occasionally visit the Neighboursfans.com forum for a couple of months I have not watch Neighbours until its sorts itself out. (that looks like a long time to come)

Occasionally? It was only a couple of days ago your half a dozen or so aliases got banned. And you're still badgering the admin to be let on. I'd love to know your genuine identity and opinion of the show because you spend huge amounts of time going round different forums, posting completely contradictory viewpoints.

Anyway as for the show, I think Susan Bower has turned things around. The UK eps at the moment are also pretty stellar with Toadie jilting Steph but there's something clicking in Australia. The duller characters such as the Parkers seem to be waking up and displaying more personality. I also love the way that Lyn's returned -- they've been pretty thorough about tying up loose ends in that story without making it too outrageous.

Yes I thought you were contradicting yourself too, I'm sure I've always read positive posts about Neighbours coming from you.

I read an interview with Susan, I'm sure it will be posted somewhere by someone, but I read it on the train - and I really liked her ideas, and ways to subtly change the show - such as more emotional scenes, making crying scenes more realistic with mascara running down the face, angry scenes to be more in your face even down the the sets and she ordered the set dressers to mess them up a bit to make them look more lived in. She's seems very passionate about the show and having it become ''must-see''.

I occasionally visit the Neighboursfans.com forum for a couple of months I have not watch Neighbours until its sorts itself out. (that looks like a long time to come)

Occasionally? It was only a couple of days ago your half a dozen or so aliases got banned. And you're still badgering the admin to be let on. I'd love to know your genuine identity and opinion of the show because you spend huge amounts of time going round different forums, posting completely contradictory viewpoints.

I see it too, its like they're baiting for positive responses about Neighbours, you know like when you're in school and you like the work you've done, but you say its awful just so others will say "not its not its brilliant!", thats the only way I can describe it, because on other forums they completely bash H&A and praise Neighbours, yet here H&A is suddenly better and Neighbours is crap and boring, if thats so how come you NEVER post in the H&A section? :blink:

But then again, maybe I'm just annoyed because you copied my opinon of Neighbours from this forum and pasted it at your own opinion on Neighboursfans, word for word! :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

When did the new producer take over?Can't say I've seen any sort of improvement lately.The only good thing about Toadie and Steph's non-wedding was it meant we got rid of one of a long line of hideously mismatched couples.I still have nightmares about some of them.

As far as I'm concerned, Neighbours as it was died the day they made Paul Robinson a regular.They'd brought him back as a short-term villain and then tried to force him into a role he wasn't designed for, with us all supposed to forget he was a murderer.I said at the time they'd either have to change his personality beyond recognition or turn the show into Dallas.They've tried both and now seem to have settled on an uneasy mixture of the two.

I stopped watching DeadEnders a few years ago when I realised I was spending two hours of my life watching people I'd cross the street to get away from in real life.Neighbours hasn't quite reached that stage yet but there's times when it's come close.

Archived