What is correct SPAG?

Guest MarMar

So... would 'was' be wrong? Or just less common?

Re. the their/there issue. The word they're is similar, but is an abbreviation for they are.

I noticed that quite a lot of people get confused between your (as in, 'I like your shirt') and you're (as in the abbreviation of you are).

My grammer is appalling most of the time though, so that might all be total rubbish :lol:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I have a question!  As a northerner, I occasionally use 'were' instead of 'was' in everyday speech (eg.  "That film were good") but putting slang aside, which sentences are correct below?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a North-East thing as I do that too! When my mum is being all 'proper' we can drive each other crazy :rolleyes:

To check spelling could I suggest http://dictionary.reference.com/ and also Word (something which many people may not think of using).

Thank you! :)

School is skole in "bokmål" and skule in "nynorsk"("new-Norwegian"), so yes, you're almost correct. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my sis, giving me duff information. :wink: (She went to Norway with her husband last year). And she said it was the most beautiful country she's ever visited -she's also been to Italy, Canada, America, Spain and Austria - so there you go, two complements in one night. :)

And it's good to know I can speak a little Norwegian. Well, one word anyway. :lol:

Archived