What was the last Movie you watched?

Stefan

I had a movie night last night and it blew my mind :mellow:

1. A Perfect Getaway: Chris Hemsworth as a gruff, shirtless, hippie-man with a deathly glare and a bad attitude. He wasn't in it as much as I'd like (don't let the trailer fool you!) but it was still worth it. The movie itself was entertaining and intriguing. Pretty good twist too. One of those ones that you kind of see coming, but then the movie talks you out of believing that it's coming, but then it comes! I was impressed. Good cast too.

2. Gamer: Wow. I just... wow. The movie as a whole wasn't THAT great, but there are certain moments in it that... wow. I'm still not sure if I saw what I saw or if I had some kind of a stroke and it was all a coma fantasy. I wanted to see it because it stars Michael C. Hall (TV's Dexter!) as an eccentric billionaire. I was NOT disappointed! And there was a cameo by another TV personality that... I don't even want to describe because it was such a bizarre moment that I don't think you'd believe me if I tried. Did that REALLY happen... really... :huh:?

3. The Nightman Cometh:Live!: Okay so this isn't technically a movie, but it was awesome and epic and the whole Nightman experience probably rounds out to be a movie-length event so I'm counting it! If you don't watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (and you're over 15... and have a very loose grasp on morality...) you should! The Nightman Cometh: Live! is a DVD extra on season 4 in which the cast recreate an episode of the show as a live theater production, on account of how the episode is about Charlie writing a musical ("The Nightman Cometh") and the rest of the gang perform it. It. Is. AWESOME! When watching Philly, one often asks oneself how in the hell they can do these things, knowing that it's all going to be on international TV. This was on a whole other level - doing it in front of a live audience, and nailing every scene with an unbelievable... awesomeness. I don't even want to say what the play is about, or how the gang chooses to interpret certain rape scenes... it's just... so, so awesome... I don't care if you ever watch another episode of Philly in your life, but you HAVE to see this!

4. Forgetting Sarah Marshall: It's unfair on this movie that I watched it after all the others, because it was really funny and I'm so glad I FINALLY saw it, but after everything else it kinda pales in comparison. It was still very enjoyable though and the supporting cast was full of fun surprises. The main cast was of course excellent, and that's why I wanted to see it in the first place. I would certainly recommend it. And if nothing else, now nobody can say that I haven't seen Jason Segel's wang.

And now I leave you with the inspirational lyrics of

from The Nightman Cometh:

Dayman!

(AhAHah!)

Fighter of the Nightman!

(AhAHah!)

Champion of the sun!

(AhAHah!)

You're a master of karate

And friendship for everyone!

I think there's something in that for all of us.

^^ I am on a bit of a movie marathon tonight :P

Just finished watching Sorority Row.

Ahh I love them kind of films, serial killers,girls trying to get away yada yada yada. I loved the plot of the film as well, I found it really interesting that they would just dump Megan's body in a mineshaft! But they were punished in the end, especially Jessica, she deserved it the most.

The only thing that dissapointed me about the film was the killers identity,

I would SO have loved it to have been Megan actually alive killing them instead of Cass's boyfriend who didn't really have a good enough motive. I kinda suspected him through most of the film anyway, in my mind it was either him or Jessica's boyfriend (the hot one who plays Liam in 90210

:P ) I think they should at least have made the killer a relation of Megan or a boyfriend maybe. And ahhhh I loved the sorority houses mother! She is a legend, "I live in a house with 50 mad bitches" and "you stay the f*ck away from my girls" :lol:

One thing I am glad about though is the fact that Cass didn't die because she was my fave , and I quite liked Ellie as well!

And the end scene where the sorority house reopened we saw someones hands and scary music playing. The hand had a scar, but I don't know who it was... :unsure:

Great film though , definitely recommend it to anyone, same goes for Triangle :D

The Ugly Truth

It was ok. Not a favourite but it was worth watching.

Edit: I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D today and really liked it. The 3D didn't have the impact it had in Avatar but I still enjoyed the movie, none the less.

Edited by Lise