What was the last Movie you watched?

Stefan

Dragon Ball :) The plot kind of jumped around a bit, and the back-stories to Piccolo and Goku were somewhere between confusing and incomprehensible, but for what I hope was just the first installment of more movies, it wasn't bad. It kept all the fun and charm that I associate with Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. And underneath all the make-up and voice manipulation, I could still tell that it was James Marsters as Piccolo, so that made me happy. The rest of the cast were great too. Goku was very amusing, and I'm glad that Yamcha was in it. I always felt he was an underrated character in the cartoons.

Im very iffy about seeing this. Ive been a dragon ball fan for a very long time, and im scared that this movie may ruin it for me.

It's definitely a departure from the series, but I think the essence of it is the same. Roshi isn't a creepy little bald man, for instance, but he's still a dirty perve who wears Hawaiian shirts :P That was the most reassuring part of it for me, and the fact that Bulma's last name is still Briefs lol.

I went in with the attitude that it's its own movie, and nothing could be as good as Dragon Ball Z was to me (Dragon Ball was never my favourite), so I just enjoyed it for what it was: a quirky little film about aliens, super-powers, and the impending apocalypse. Same old same old :P

I'm really hoping that there will be a sequel starring Vegeta :wub:

Yeah Dragon Ball Z is always going to be my fav too. And i was bummed when i heard that Vegeta wasnt going to be in the movie.

I guess i will go see it. I just wont get my hopes up too much. As long as i can get a few laughs like i do from the show, it should be worth it.

Return to the Blue Lagoon. This is one of those sequels that's really little more than a remake, but what shocked me is that it was actually better in a lot of ways than the first one. Some of the dialogue was so bad that I almost switched it off, but I'm glad I didn't because the film went in an original direction that gave it a more satisfying conclusion than the first. The acting was fine on all counts, except maybe Brian Krause, whose accent felt a bit anachronistic at one point, and the repetition of the original formula wasn't as annoying as it was in, say, the Friday the Thirteenth films.

Also, Munich. Fantastic, and demonstrates Spielberg's incredible range as a director.

The Reader - was awesome, amazing quality too! Couldn't beilive I fell into the trap of feeling sorry for her though :(

It's a lot easier to feel sorry for Hanna if you have read the book (and studied it in detail), I am hopefully going to see the movie this weekend.

Well, right this moment, im sitting here watching High School Musical 3. Im trying not to gag. It's just so cheesy, and Vanessa Hudgens has one those overly girly singing voices which is just way annoying.

Edited by bay girl