All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  3. We do get at least some insight into Tane's thought processes here: He sees it as traditional to take in and care for a baby that needs someone like that and can't really grasp the way other people see it, even with Roo trying to get him to put himself in the mother's shoes. (I assume Rose did manage to log the donations for Maia before Roo turned up at the hospital with them in the very next scene!) Felicity seems to be about the only one who can see his point of view, but then she hasn't seen as much as the others.She didn't look entirely committed while looking up foster care at the end: I think it might be the guilt talking there, given she's denied Tane one opportunity to be a parent and can now do it in another way.But really, I can't see that ending any different. Theo was absolutely pathetic here, using every trick in the book to get his next fix and, frustratingly, succeeding.I don't know what Valerie was playing at: Even from a solely self-preservation viewpoint, Leah and Justin aren't going to see any difference between her giving Theo drugs herself and helping him get them from someone else.
  4. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  5. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  6. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  7. Tane is obsessed with Maia, well at least she has a name now, and while I don't want to stereo type Maoris/Aborigines or any other culture who are family orientated it would fit Tane's upbringing, so just can't get his head around the fact a mum OK or dad would do that. Mali though would get it. The hospital don't seem that bothered about a non relative of Maia being there 24/7, holding her/feeding her. Dana and Harper who we've actually seen working in her SW role, carrying the obligatory clipboard with papers, are there too and Tane has become a familiar face to Maia and she's comfortable with him. I'm guessing it's not going to be a five minute turn round Tane applying to become an emergency foster parent, especially for one so young. I couldn't find any record of him having been arrested, though we know he's been up to naughties, no speeding fines, not that would prevent it so nothing legal stopping him. He has his own business, which he is neglecting at present, can't see him having problems getting character references. The big problem would be a permanent residency, I take it Harper meant a home of his own rather than an Australian residency, as he doesn't, a home of his own that is. That part of the beach didn't look as if it would have been that busy and even though John said he hadn't seen anything on his last patrol he would have been on his buggy which would have drowned out her cries. I'm wondering why whoever it was didn't leave her outside the hospital/doctor's surgery - no scrap that we don't have a doctor's surgery in the bay - somewhere more public where there may be CCTV. OK I'm going to be very melodramatic here but maybe Mum or Dad is dying has no-one else to turn to so that is why they have left her on the beach so wouldn't get picked up on CCTV. The police do have her clothes so may be able to track down where they were bought, they looked pretty new or the bag she was left in, plus DNA. Lovely gestures from the locals donating baby clothes and toys for Maia, that is the kind of neighbourhood Alf was thinking of when he was bigging up the Surf Club. Mac filled Mali in as to why Tane and Felicity broke up him wanting family, her not and taking the pill behind Tane's back. Then at the end we saw Felicity walk in and see him with Maia, has she really not been aware of the situation before now? Theo was bloody lucky swinging that interview, especially as it seemed he didn't remember any of it, even Kirby praised him. This one though will be live and he'll be answering questions. Kirby is right he could ruin Lyrik's rep, Remi won't be happy neither will Eden. I imagine that is how a lot of addicts who don't have their own supply behave, begging their 'dealer' for just one more. Valerie is risking a lot, OK I know she got Theo started on them, but not every gets addicted, just the one suits them, but unfortunately for her, Theo wasn't one of them and he has got addicted very quickly. She stands to lose her 'home' and Leah and Justin's respect. Theo, even excusing his desperation for his next fix, was so cruel bringing up Josh.
  8. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  11. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  16. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  17. Yesterday
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  19. Did they have anywhere for gatherings before the Surf Club was introduced? The school had a hall but I can't remember for sure if we ever saw that. The school had to use the Surf Club for its Romeo + Juliet reworking and the No Justice gig.
  20. My thoughts exactly, re: breakdown, mind you it would hardly be surprising given his tenure in the Bay so far. I enjoyed the scenes for purely selfish reasons, though, hehehe! Valerie shows her usual cowardice but then that is the nature of someone drug-reliant through choice, Theo is being epically stupid too.
  21. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  22. Tane continues to be a bit over-involved in this and the other characters don't quite seem to know how to react.It's all right saying family's everything to him, but the newly christened Maia isn't his family.And he seems to be jumping to unnecessary conclusions about the people who are, despite Harper and Rose trying to keep him grounded.Mackenzie and Mali made an attempt at airing their concerns but it fell on deaf ears, so it's probably smart for them to back off for now.Tane volunteering his services as a foster carer wasn't the worst idea in the world, although I'm not sure he fully grasped the part where he had to be ready to give her up if her family turned up. I know Valerie hasn't exactly behaved responsibly, but it does seem as though, for the most part, she's just been using the pills to get her through rough patches.Theo seems to have quickly reached the point where he needs them to do normal everyday things and, while she's not entirely selflessly motivated given her worry of people noticing, Valerie's right to cut him off.
  23. H&A always had a far fetched side to it but was also quite realistic in the 1980s and 1990s. Summer Bay being a relatively isolated town by the sea with not much for locals to do in the pre social media days - apart from a community hall, play area, the surf club, diner and shop in the early years, and no doubt a number of unseen Summer Bay residents out of work, like you would get in real life. Hence why many of the youngsters in the show got up to light mischief, such as the bromance "Lartin" Lance and Martin, and later on Damo and Shane. The original premise was that foster children from the city would be living in Summer Bay and give the bay a shake up. Erinsborough was not much different in Neighbours, it was a outer suburb with the city being a good half hour drive/bus ride away. And only Lassiters for local entertainment.
  24. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  25. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  26. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  27. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.