All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  3. I guess it could be seen that way but Shannon was feeling a bit fed up at being judged. Thank you, I try! Yep, that happened.
  4. I agree I don't think I would bother with DNA test either if I were on Ziggy's shoes but can understand why she would want to know because it would eat away at her. That little thing niggling away in the background.
  5. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  6. Yesterday
  7. Okay, let me just process this: Blake, last seen being taken away by the police after trying to drug Maggie and fearing retribution from his abusive father, is just standing there in the surf club playing pool, with no mention of that storyline aside from a throwaway remark from Bella that he deserves to be hustled? That is pretty terrible storytelling that destroys the impact of his previous ambiguous exit.Are we to assume he got the usual Summer Bay slap on the wrist and, er, his dad was suddenly fine with him becoming a bum when he left school? Anyway, that bit of irritation aside, Bella and Nikau continued to be good fun and even Colby wasn't bad in that storyline. Which is more than can be said for elsewhere. As annoying as he is, I prefer when they portray Colby as a jackass rather than trying to make out he's some good old boy.His "Why would you let someone like that date your sister and not someone like me?" was so deluded that I was almost punching the air in delight when Dean pointed out that Colby is no great catch. Ari has served his time and is trying to stay on the straight and narrow, while Colby has done a lot worse and caused two deaths yet always runs away from the consequences. And now he's turning into that ex who won't take no for an answer. Anyway, everything was building for Leah throughout the day and she finally snapped.She seemed to regret it immediately, or at least as soon as Irene stepped in, but despite the Diner losing a customer, it was probably good in so far as it's caused her to realise she can't avoid dealing with Douglas.
  8. Yes, as I mentioned elsewhere, they finally seemed to notice that two of the Morgan brothers aren't on the show anymore and stopped using a 4-year-old publicity photo of them!
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. Not sure if it's the same one you saw, but the relevant extracts from the one I've got are below - it was in TV Times: "While Karen was coping with problems on screen, I was having traumas of my own" says Belinda. "I know I became difficult to work with. Now I realise I was too young to cope with the stress of being in a popular soap." And co-star Gavin Harrison (Revhead) would certainly agree. He admits Belinda's behaviour resulted in the pair having a far from loving relationship off screen. It's mentioned that it was her grandfather and aunt dying in quick succession that caused things to get on top of her, and it ends with: But now, with Home and Away behind her, Belinda has shaken off her depression and believes she's learned a valuable lesson. "I'm older and wiser now" she admits. "I still want to act. I just hope I'm given another chance"
  11. Did Maggie really say she'd only slept with Marco once so he couldn't be the dad, when being an intelligent woman she should know that is all it can take, were her and Ben being 'careful' before her one off with Marco? Ziggy was a wild child herself but I can see why she's so surprised at Maggie being so irresponsible she sees her as she is now, her mum, the steady one, not a teenager, you tend not to think of your parents having a youth of their own. The whole 'whose the daddy' thing comes down to timing. Glad Dean arrived back in time to be there for Ziggy and he dealt with it very well, wisely leaving Ben and Ziggy to talk it over, he ca be very sensitive when he needs to be. Marco may be Ziggy's biological father but Ben has been her dad through the good and the bad, and there were plenty of those, times. They've had almighty rows but that's because they are so alike, another pointer to her being his daughter in every way. Loved Ben saying it didn't matter to him if she was or wasn't. There's no clues in their colouring because all of the Astoni's are dark apart from Ziggy who is fair which could come from further back in the Astoni family tree or from Maggie's side. It appears Marco did have his suspicions and his contacting Ben was genuine. Where would soaps be without the whole 'real' dad or mum turning up? Simone and Brody were a full blown affair and they weren't silly teenagers. As happens just as a character is getting over a traumatic event, something comes along to throw them off course, this time Leah being asked to give a victim impact statement. It will reopen it all for her but could help the healing process Thought it sweet when she took Justin's hand when they were standing on the wharf. It's got to be her decision in the end, it helped Irene, I don't recall if her actually seeing a counsellor was mentioned either. As much of a scumbag Douglas is he did plead guilty so spared Leah the agony of the trial. I thought Willow was harsh on Stella too, but then Willow hasn't had any experience of being in charge of anything or anyone before and maybe her still fretting over Alex wasn't helping her to think clearly. I hope it doesn't rebound and Stella claims unfair dismissal.
  12. Poor Colby. He was copping it from all sides today. I thought Dean was unfair. Ari came over as a bit of a meathead. I think Leah has made the right decision to give her witness statement in court. Seeing Douglas again but knowing that he is going straight to prison will help her get over this sooner. It's always funny to watch Bella hustling at pool.
  13. This is the photo 5 are now using for H&A on My5.
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  16. For some reason, that plot device never seems to get old even though they've been doing the "He's not the father" routine since Sons and Daughters and our own Roo Stewart did a very famous con-job in 1988. Personally, I don't even know why Ziggy wants to bother with a DNA test. Ben is her real father in every way that counts (and, on the whole, I think he's been a pretty good one). Marco is a scumbag. What else does she need to know? Another thought that occurs is that this situation is a What Goes Around Comes Around for Maggie. She was horrible to Simone when her affair with Brody came out (anyone else remember the wicked smile that appeared on her face every time she spoke to her?).
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  19. Yes the nominations are s little strange. I would argue it's like that for a few of the other soaps too though. As I only way h Home and Away too, and very occasionally EastEnders when someone has it on, I've voted H and Away I every category haha
  20. I voted. As H&A is the only soap I watch it was an easy decision. Not sure I agree with some of their choices for the categories though. Bella may not be my favourite character but there's no disputing that Courtney is a terrific actress, so she should have featured somewhere.
  21. Exactly. If poor ratings WERE the reason, why not just say that? Then we wouldn't all be scratching our heads over this messy, tangled, and nonsensical "legal issues" thing. "Episodes from this point on can no longer be repeated. Apart from, you know, when they're repeated."
  22. I'm pretty sure I've got a copy of the same article somewhere amongst my clippings, will try and dig it out tomorrow!
  23. My least and favorite Guest Characters. My least favorite was Barbara Stewart #2 version in 1996 as it was complete character translate form most normal Stewart sister to most insane Stewart sister and what was point in just bringing guest character back seven years ago just to make in tempted murder for episode. Glad they fix up in 2005 with Barbara returning back to normal and by original actress and thats why sometimes its better to leave characters in past if they just be ruined or complete change for worst if they return. My Favorite guest was Morag in 1993 as Morag in 1992 was different to how she was in 80s and yet to how she was later on as Morag was not as nasty anymore in her words but she was nasty in her actions and lot devious in her plans to take away and only to just leave him boarding school. I think Morag was at her villainous in 1993 as she was so two face in making she changed and so fake nice and yet she was at her most devious and villainous. At same time i think she generally was sad about Bobby and regarts not ever making up with her daughter while she was alive.
  24. If I could find it, I'd happily share the source. I remember reading it somewhere and being a bit taken aback. I was surprised to check her IMDB and to see that her acting career seems to have ended after Muriel's Wedding. I don't suppose we'll ever know whether she chose to quit acting or if she just couldn't find work after this. That's how I read it. The Haydn episode was pretty humiliating for her, culminating in her finding him and Sophie kissing passionately after Romeo & Juliet in the Surf Club. Long after she had supposedly forgiven Sophie for stealing Haydn from her, she brought it up again. I can't remember exactly when but she definitely mentioned it. Obviously the bit about Haydn never really fancying her in the first place hadn't registered with her. Personally I don't buy that 180° character transplant either. it just looks like the powers that be wanted to ruin the character and get her out the door. It seems to be a premature exit too. Most of the fostered teens left Summer Bay for reasonably normal reasons (uni/family/job) and got a good stretch on the show. Karen left in a prison van, leaving a trail of destruction behind her. I don't think Fin was much of an improvement on her but she got a better run,
  25. Last week
  26. Both Ray and Lynne are up for best actors and of course Home and Away for best soap. Please vote and share. It would be great if Home and Away took home an award after such a strong year Soap Awards 2020 | Vote in RadioTimes.com Soaps Awards now - Radio Times https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soaps/2020-05-26/radio-times-soap-awards-2020-vote/
  27. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.