All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Just like they would do with Miranda Fryer's (God Rest Her Soul) Sky in Neighbours in the late 80s. Directors were "screw it" and let a knackered tape run to simulate her crying when she looked perfectly happy. *Palmer impression* "Maybe Banjo's old man bought him one. I'm of the "If you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about" generation whereas HIS mob are of the "If you stop crying, I'll buy you something!" Generation!"
  3. True, I presume it’ll also be swept under the carpet that this is supposed to be an annual sponsorship so unless Alf’s unlimited funds stem to that he’s only solved the issue short term.
  4. Those were some fairly excruciating chats between Xander and Dana. Xander was doing his best to be nice about it but didn't really manage to backtrack on the humiliation.It sounds like he actually does like her but doesn't want to ruin their friendship, and doesn't have his sister and Irene giving him "Be bold!" speeches. Dana did seem a bit more relaxed when they chatted later: Possibly she has other things on her mind but hopefully that's them on an even keel.Maybe Xander will end up getting his dog to go with the Matheson sisters' cats. Alf seemed to be trying to get John and Roo to cut it out and stop being silly but in the end had to resort to telling them the truth.I kind of wish he'd given Roo more of a serve:Instead, he settles for putting the fear of God, or rather Alf, into John and letting Roo off the hook because she gives a speech about how great he is.It's one of the unwritten rules of the show that, whenever the plot calls for it, Alf has unlimited funds at his disposal.No sign of Banjo among the bronze medallion recipients (most of whom didn't get awards or names because they're not main characters...):Guess he really has just disappeared in a throwaway line never to be seen again. After all his recent obsession with having a family, Tane has an abandoned baby drop in his lap.Guess that's Mali's night out off then.I had to smile at the crying noises being dubbed onto the perfectly content looking baby.
  5. I had a feeling Alf would be the mystery donor, wonder where that’s come from as he’s had the Caravan Park closed and the Bait Shop barely staffed. I wonder if it’s something to do with the Bait Shop seeing that the location has changed a fair bit.
  6. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  7. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  8. ^I can just see the Matheson sisters mid-50s, still in the Beach House with about 48 cats between them lol. Anyhow... Abandoned Baby... Seems like it's gonna be a big one. They got the helpline up!
  9. Yes. To pick up back up with Selina and was there to give her a proper exit with their reunion in Ironbridge they made a few fans cheer and some suck their teeth and others inbetween
  10. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  11. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  14. It didn't still explain that response from Cash when he answered that call though. Alf had already given that money to the club, did he then go to see Martha and told her what he'd done and maybe mortgaged the house unless he has A$30,000 just lying around. He'll have to tell Roo, if not John, where the money came from. That was grossly unfair of Mac leaving Felicity to break the bad news to Xander. I guess Cash has been called in to cover that bloke who's off sick as he's the newbie so he's first on call. What's the betting something will happen. I'm glad Justin told Leah he'd overheard her so she could tell him that she was going to talk to her therapist again. He did admit, once again, he'd been rushing things. Good that he is supporting her decision and it's voluntary this time. How will they explain her absence to Maz, Irene and Theo, will they tell them the truth? It was obvious when Irene saw Xander and Dana acting the way they were that he was her secret crush and she didn't know Harper didn't know. From what Harper had seen she may have got the impression Xander did like Dana that way. I've said before Xander is nothing like Olly, he is a good guy. Give him a lot of credit he did let her down gently.
  15. Was Steven a guest in 1997 and 1998? OK he was a returning character but he returned to whisk Selina off her feet.
  16. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  17. Yesterday
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  19. ^ Complete with Ian at the table chuckling about her being "quite a character" while Pip's eyes roll skyward.
  20. But was it really? They mashed up, He moved to Adelaide, had a breakdown, Jamie wound up in care and legged it to Erinsborough after being bullied by older boys. Cue intervention by Stu, Harold and the Kennedys and they were able to reunite father and son. That was extra sour as Paul Keane had substance abuse problems and was in and out of rehab (Documented, so not libellous, admin) He did get a second go with Fiona and that fell through. Then the thing with Jane in 2020 after Nicolette basically dissected the relationship by pointing things out. Basically, James after splitting with Chloe and having a lacklustre 30th (got a $10 in a card from her few months after she left), decided to cut his losses and move overseas and after some stuff with a birthday balloon, He and Juliet took off. I dunno if they stayed together or what though...
  21. Still a happily-ever-after (at the time!) ending for Des that wasn't really needed. There were plenty of ways he could have left Erinsborough. I don't even remember Juliet or even how James left the show. I assumed he just had a quick and quiet exit since he was pretty much just a spare part without Chloe.
  22. I'm always wondering "what would Celia say?" when I watch any controversial (to Celia!) scene after she left! Especially as the show ramps up in the later 90s... "Oh Pippa Dear, I'm so glad I caught you..." (Typical wooden response from Pippa 2): Oh, Hi Celia. "yes, hello indeed! Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that I saw Young Shannon walking with that dreadful writer woman again!" Pippa: Mandy? Celia: Yes, that's who I'm referring to! I believe she has.... modern.... well, let's just say she's very modern. Not to worry though, I've already called an emergency meeting of the Women's Auxiliary with a view to get her removed from the district with immediacy!
  23. So...the mystery donor is Alf? That's a bit of an anti-climax after all the names we were throwing about! Oh well, at least we get the prospect of him ripping a hole in Roo and John for being a pair of flaming galahs... It was grossly unfair of Mackenzie to leave Felicity to break the news to Xander about her rejecting his idea and, it seems, him.Felicity definitely seems to be being the grown-up at the moment, once again showing that the days of her being Cash's irresponsible sister are long gone (well, you know, except when the storyline requires her to be) as she's sorted while he hasn't even got a job now. Has he ever slept this week? He seemed to come off shift, spend hours hanging around Salt with Felicity, then go back to work! Justin handled things extremely well with Leah. I don't know if we should be worried about her going back to the clinic or not: The fact it's only a week suggests it's mostly an excuse to have Leah off screen now she's done her three episodes for the week! Irene really can be a blabbermouth at times. We get some more nice sibling banter between cat ladies Harper and Dana before Harper makes the mistake of encouraging Dana on very little evidence, leading to her being humiliated.
  24. You would be the main star of your own train based murder mystery Do it on a windy night nobody will hear him scream
  25. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.