All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  3. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  4. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  5. Yesterday
  6. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  7. Did they have anywhere for gatherings before the Surf Club was introduced? The school had a hall but I can't remember for sure if we ever saw that. The school had to use the Surf Club for its Romeo + Juliet reworking and the No Justice gig.
  8. My thoughts exactly, re: breakdown, mind you it would hardly be surprising given his tenure in the Bay so far. I enjoyed the scenes for purely selfish reasons, though, hehehe! Valerie shows her usual cowardice but then that is the nature of someone drug-reliant through choice, Theo is being epically stupid too.
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. Tane continues to be a bit over-involved in this and the other characters don't quite seem to know how to react.It's all right saying family's everything to him, but the newly christened Maia isn't his family.And he seems to be jumping to unnecessary conclusions about the people who are, despite Harper and Rose trying to keep him grounded.Mackenzie and Mali made an attempt at airing their concerns but it fell on deaf ears, so it's probably smart for them to back off for now.Tane volunteering his services as a foster carer wasn't the worst idea in the world, although I'm not sure he fully grasped the part where he had to be ready to give her up if her family turned up. I know Valerie hasn't exactly behaved responsibly, but it does seem as though, for the most part, she's just been using the pills to get her through rough patches.Theo seems to have quickly reached the point where he needs them to do normal everyday things and, while she's not entirely selflessly motivated given her worry of people noticing, Valerie's right to cut him off.
  11. H&A always had a far fetched side to it but was also quite realistic in the 1980s and 1990s. Summer Bay being a relatively isolated town by the sea with not much for locals to do in the pre social media days - apart from a community hall, play area, the surf club, diner and shop in the early years, and no doubt a number of unseen Summer Bay residents out of work, like you would get in real life. Hence why many of the youngsters in the show got up to light mischief, such as the bromance "Lartin" Lance and Martin, and later on Damo and Shane. The original premise was that foster children from the city would be living in Summer Bay and give the bay a shake up. Erinsborough was not much different in Neighbours, it was a outer suburb with the city being a good half hour drive/bus ride away. And only Lassiters for local entertainment.
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  16. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  17. Summer Bay also had a community hall which had a fire decades ago in February 1988, early in the shows run, caused by The Summer Bay Nutter. I think the hall used for the variety night in Episode 30 at the end of Feb 1988 was another hall in Summer Bay as the community hall had just burned down about 2 episodes earlier. Not sure what did happen to that community hall which Bertram burned down. I think the hall seen in Episode 58 in April 1988 for the dance was the church hall.
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  19. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  20. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  21. This is also reminiscent of Brendan/Millie/Sal/Selina years back.
  22. Initially it came across as though Levi was genuine when he said he was prepared to leave his wife but when you factor in he said he didn't want Mackenzie texting him when he was with Imogen and didn't look too happy when they met up, it contradicts that. I said previously that Levi was using Mackenzie for sex. Perhaps that's harsh and he does like her but it did seem like he panicked and just tried to appease her. I do agree that Mackenzie was annoying. She obviously believed him when he told her but she then changed her mind so it feels like she engaged in an affair for nothing. Whilst Kirby is clearly right about Theo being on drugs and Valerie is a bad influence, I'm loving how wound up she's getting seeing them together. You could see it in her eyes when Theo went to speak to Kirby and Valerie had a word with her afterwards and Kirby warned Valerie about the drugs. Tane is really getting on my nerves regarding the baby. I don't even want to think of what he's going to say to the mother if they cross paths. I'm glad other people such as Roo and Rose are more sympathetic, recognising that, the mother clearly has issues and probably needs help/support more than anything.
  23. Last week
  24. I myself think Tane is having a breakdown over this baby he comes across a tad creepy too me if it is a breakdown then it’s quite good story for him Xander is quite the digbat by rejecting Dana he cancelled months of storylines for himself Valerie she didn’t blow me away wearing a bikini Kirby looked better haha Maybe l just like Valerie’s legs
  25. It was, Jacob's son Blake left his son for Jacob to find and he is now caring for him.
  26. I thought that was rather an emotive not quite mention of Martha Jnr, without anything actually been said both Alf and Roo were thinking the same thing, a father and daughter thing. Why shouldn't it be mentioned, something like that would stir up memories like that no matter how long ago it was. To be fair, it wasn't until I saw Roo looking all pensive I remembered it. Martha Jr is in the States somewhere. Talking of BB, she does get named next week but I'm not a spoiler, it is normally the case that the person who finds a baby gets to name them, Tane is becoming far too attached to her, not wanting to leave her side. He surely wouldn't be considered as an emergency foster carer would he, she'd need someone who has done this before and he has no experience of looking after such a young one. He was good at feeding her her bottle though - . I'm guessing any actors/actresses have to like babies/children to be able to act with them on screen, babies do know somehow, if the adults are wary or don't like them. Not sure what the regulations are in force in Aus but in the UK they can be very young, a few weeks in fact, Would be tricky trying to present a month old baby as a new born, their screen time is of course very limited. Mac got clued in and did I miss something or is Flick still unaware of her hubby having a new girlfriend? Mac did text Levi then after we saw her delete that message, well I thought she had. I'm confused. com as to what she is playing at and what she wants Levi to do or not do? Ok, she kind of accepts he's cheating on his wife but the fact they may be having a family is telling her to call a halt. Did she go to see him or had he popped back to the bay? To be fair to Valerie and Theo, they weren't to know they being followed and it was dark. I'm not excusing Theo taking drugs but he is an adult but Kirby did suss out where he got them from and was right about Leah & Justin how would feel about it, especially Leah. It did seem he passed the interview exam OK. It did give Valerie a scare when she saw Rose speaking to Kirby which we know was about BB but she wasn't to know that. Rose btw is doing a great job despite Sarge asking how it was going without being directly involved, they nearly had a lead but it came to nothing. Generally, yes it is usually the mum, but it could be the dad. Funnily enough it was a dad who abandoned his baby in Casualty wasn't it?
  27. I've only been watching Hollyoaks regularly since 2013 and seen older episodes available on Hollyoaks Favourites, but from what I understand the original premise of Hollyoaks was about a group of college students, and it has morphed into being about the characters in the village as a whole. Hollyoaks has recently had a new producer who has really shaken things up. The upcoming cast and episode reduction aside (I feel like that's a separate issue and not part of the changes currently playing out onscreen), she's axed a bunch of characters who were spare parts or didn't really add much, reintroduced the iconic Freddie Roscoe, started some intense but well-written teen issue stories (Frankie's abuse, Ro's transition, Lucas' sexuality) and completely shaken up some stories that were treading water and a bore to watch (the Sienna/Rafe/Dilly story being the prime example!). It's not all great though - many of the newer regulars aren't doing it for me and I've no interested in one of the main storylines at the moment (the Ste/Warren stuff), but on the whole it's really shaken things up and made it more exciting to watch. H&A could really benefit from something similar - perhaps part of me is still mourning the loss of the early years H&A and if I wasn't comparing it to that, I might enjoy it more, but I feel like the volume of cookie-cutter twentysomethings really limiting in terms of storylines. It's all relationship dramas or Lyrik stuff at the moment with not much else in between. It's pretty much a PG rated Secret Life of Us at the moment and it's not really working for me because the the PG rating is somewhat limiting and those more adult soaps have fewer episodes per year/week. I'd be curious to know what demographic H&A's audience is - if it's not teenagers and families anymore, I am starting to think that a move to a later-night timeslot would actually help to shake things up (keeping in mind it would still be available for streaming for those who don't watch it "live", so it might not be as damaging to viewership as people think!).
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.