The Book Thread

MarMar

I've been recommended "A Boy Called It" and the two other books by Dave Pelzer,  a true account of his life being held prisoner by his family, and his ultimate escape from it.  My cousin says you can't put it down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its quite hard to read when you know that it actually happened. The poor kid, I don't know how he survived it all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been recommended that one as well... might give it as go in the holidays. Something to tug at the old heartstrings.

Currently I'm working my way through Forester's 'Hornblower' series. I also read through all of Wingfield's 'Frost' (DI) books a couple of months back - would highly recommend (and would probably go as far as to say that they beat the TV programme)

Law textbooks seem to be taking centre stage with me most of the time, though... such is student life.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished reading The Teahouse on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens.

If you want an unputdownable, beautifully written book that will make you laugh and make you cry (and make you want to eat all those cakes! :lol: ) with very believable characters and a lovely ending, then it's highly recommended. :)

ps Definitely not a guy book tho, but I think you already guessed that! :P

I agree, Dave Pelzer's trilogy is great. "A Brother's Journey" - by Richard Pelzer is also good, and he has another one coming out in Jan 06 called "A Teenager's Journey".

I'm currently reading "Loving what is" - by Byron Katie, and "Seventeen Ways To Eat A Mango" - by Joshua Kadison.

• 2 months later...

Archived