The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

I was meaning to ask about GCSE's aswell! Scotland has totally different exams from England and the rest of the Uk and also different school years. When you say year 9, I don't know what that is!? :huh:? Lol!? :lol:?

I think (this is only a rough guess, though!) that GCSE's are the equivalent of Scottish Standard Grade exams (I did them last year).. so, if that's right, GSCE's are what you would do 2 years before the HSC in Australia?

Could be totally wrong though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... I think A-Levels (2 years post GCSE) are more the equivalent to the Aussie HSC (well, if Kirsty's age is anything to go by :rolleyes: )... not too sure how we match up with Scotland, though.

Exams (Full A Level) are looming scarily close for <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=me%20too" onmouseover="window.status='me too'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">me too</a>... they're stressing me out big style and it's times like this that I curse myself for giving into temptation and coming online when I'm meant to be sat here studying. :P Damn this site...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your on your A levels as well then Claire, scary aint they so much hard work. I cant wait to get them over with.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, all the different systems totally confuse me! All I know is that in just over a week, I have to start me exams.. beginning with English! :(

Beaus_babe, it was English you did, yeah? I remember doing my Standard Grades last year, first real experience of a proper exam and yeah, that was scary! You'll do great, don't worry! All the 4th years in my school were totally stressed this morning because they were doing their exam, I saw a girl with 6 pens.. lol! :P

Anyway, good luck to everyone doing exams right now and also to those who should be studying for them!

I live with my parents. They have most of the modern technology except a DVD player which usually I can live without.

This afternoon, I went down to the 'Video' shop to rent a video. It seems that the shop is getting filled up more and more with DVDs than videos. I wanted to rent 'The Cinderella Story' but it was only available on DVD. Why don't they just rename it the 'DVD' shop?

I live with my parents. They have most of the modern technology except a DVD player which usually I can live without.

This afternoon, I went down to the 'Video' shop to rent a video. It seems that the shop is getting filled up more and more with DVDs than videos. I wanted to rent 'The Cinderella Story' but it was only available on DVD. Why don't they just rename it the 'DVD' shop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry to much 'The Cinderella Story' is a s**t movie you Didn’t miss Anything

I just worked a 9 hour shift and now I am aching all over! :( I'm shattered to cause I got 4 hours sleep! :angry: I'm having a bad day!!

Yeah, that cinderella film is rubbish.. or so I thought! :P

I had the same problem as you until a couple of months ago when my family *finally* got a dvd player!! However, 2 weeks later, one of my little brothers, Findlay, broke it! :angry: He was messing around with his football in the house and it whacked off it..!! You'd think he was like 4 or something but he is actually 14! :o

Never saw the cinderella thing, it looked so cr*p. Don't think I missed much.

Made the stupid mistake of wearing my school shoes without tights yesterday and ended up with massive blisters. Had to walk home barefoot it hurt so much  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just worked a 9 hour shift and now I am aching all over!  I'm shattered to cause I got 4 hours sleep!  :angry:  I'm having a bad day!!

Yeah, that cinderella film is rubbish.. or so I thought! 

I had the same problem as you until a couple of months ago when my family *finally* got a dvd player!! However, 2 weeks later, one of my little brothers, Findlay, broke it!  :angry:  He was messing around with his football in the house and it whacked off it..!! You'd think he was like 4 or something but he is actually 14!  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poor things :(

Never saw the cinderella thing, it looked so cr*p. Don't think I missed much.

Made the stupid mistake of wearing my school shoes without tights yesterday and ended up with massive blisters. Had to walk home barefoot it hurt so much  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch!! I've done that before... <_<

Archived