The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

18 minutes ago, pembie said:

Got nothing to do with having a boss.. Sorry not having a good day sorry if I was rude

Me to IF I came off in a way.  been abused at jobs and there was no one to help or nothing I could do. a bad place to be

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few things I can moan about at the moment.

Let's start with the fact I can't get a job. I've been in Adelaide for 4 weeks now and started here by applying for just over 50 jobs a week. I have got to the point now that I've applied for everything I possibly can, and stuff that I know I won't get but thought I'd try anyway.
I have nearly 10 years customer service experience in retail, but nothing else to help me. I was a supervisor in a cinema before I left the UK. I've worked behind the cinema bar (which was incredibly quiet) but that turned into Starbucks after 6 months of me being there. So I am bar trained, just not 2-5 years experience worth. And I have my RSA but can't use it if nobody will hire me. I'm the kind of person that will put their absolute everything into learning how to do something, but won't even be given a chance. I've applied for retail, bar, waitressing (another thing you need YEARS of experience), receptionists, hospitality, but nothing. I think my visa is more the issue but it's just getting me down.

I am staying with my friends parents, which I really really appreciate and don't want to sound ungrateful. But it's so hard. They work from home so are always around, and are currently still mourning the loss of their dog (14 weeks ago...:mellow:). Obviously I can't just go out every day because if I have no income that'll just rinse me. My friend doesn't live here so it's just me and them. And I have all of about 4 friends who all work full time. I don't like the way I'm spoken to a lot of the time, it's definitely not meant how I interpret it (I don't think!), but it's really rude. And nothing I say registers...It's like talking to my nan who has dementia. I have the same conversation about 5 times, and start getting annoyed that they keep asking the same questions. It's so hard to explain.

Today said friend and I met a couple of his friends and went to the cinema. He text and asked if I wanted to go last night, I said depending what time I woke up. So there was no definite yes or no, and I was fully committed to getting the train. He'd messaged his mum asking if they wanted to meet at the dog park (I'm pretty sure they care more about friends dog than friend himself), but this was about 9:45 and film was at 10:30. They said no, not enough time and made him come and get me. While waiting, she said about how it'd been nice if she had more notice considering it was planned last night, how she was hoping to go out somewhere today and do something (considering they have a car, they're more than able to go out without me). Then got arsey because she'd started cooking breakfast but friend was going to be turning up and had to stop because she didn't want it interrupted. Anyway, he got here and then they told him how they'd wanted to go out and they ummed and arred about coming to the cinema with us, but because they'd started cooking breakfast and it was already 10:15, I was already getting into friends car, they were like "no whatever, it's fine, we'll stay home" AGAIN WITH THE STAYING HOME! GO OUT. I got home 1:45ish and answered the "how was the film?" question about 5 times. And each time they seemed surprised that I enjoyed it so much (Wonder Woman, it was very good!). Also guilt tripped about how they've not been out today, it's been a bad day, she's crying about the dog, she feels like she's stuck in the house, whatever else. 

Like I said, I really really appreciate that they're letting me stay and feeding me, I'd definitely be flat broke by now if I was in a hostel. But I'm just struggling so much. 

Happy 12 months in Australia to me.

Why does everyone have to walk so clustered together? I mean I live in London which has a s*** ton of people on any given day but it feels like there's no damn room! Slow-ass people holding up the place or Dickheads barrelling into you at X Miles per hour...

3 hours ago, Kellicopter said:

I have a few things I can moan about at the moment.

Let's start with the fact I can't get a job. I've been in Adelaide for 4 weeks now and started here by applying for just over 50 jobs a week. I have got to the point now that I've applied for everything I possibly can, and stuff that I know I won't get but thought I'd try anyway.
I have nearly 10 years customer service experience in retail, but nothing else to help me. I was a supervisor in a cinema before I left the UK. I've worked behind the cinema bar (which was incredibly quiet) but that turned into Starbucks after 6 months of me being there. So I am bar trained, just not 2-5 years experience worth. And I have my RSA but can't use it if nobody will hire me. I'm the kind of person that will put their absolute everything into learning how to do something, but won't even be given a chance. I've applied for retail, bar, waitressing (another thing you need YEARS of experience), receptionists, hospitality, but nothing. I think my visa is more the issue but it's just getting me down.

I am staying with my friends parents, which I really really appreciate and don't want to sound ungrateful. But it's so hard. They work from home so are always around, and are currently still mourning the loss of their dog (14 weeks ago...:mellow:). Obviously I can't just go out every day because if I have no income that'll just rinse me. My friend doesn't live here so it's just me and them. And I have all of about 4 friends who all work full time. I don't like the way I'm spoken to a lot of the time, it's definitely not meant how I interpret it (I don't think!), but it's really rude. And nothing I say registers...It's like talking to my nan who has dementia. I have the same conversation about 5 times, and start getting annoyed that they keep asking the same questions. It's so hard to explain.

Today said friend and I met a couple of his friends and went to the cinema. He text and asked if I wanted to go last night, I said depending what time I woke up. So there was no definite yes or no, and I was fully committed to getting the train. He'd messaged his mum asking if they wanted to meet at the dog park (I'm pretty sure they care more about friends dog than friend himself), but this was about 9:45 and film was at 10:30. They said no, not enough time and made him come and get me. While waiting, she said about how it'd been nice if she had more notice considering it was planned last night, how she was hoping to go out somewhere today and do something (considering they have a car, they're more than able to go out without me). Then got arsey because she'd started cooking breakfast but friend was going to be turning up and had to stop because she didn't want it interrupted. Anyway, he got here and then they told him how they'd wanted to go out and they ummed and arred about coming to the cinema with us, but because they'd started cooking breakfast and it was already 10:15, I was already getting into friends car, they were like "no whatever, it's fine, we'll stay home" AGAIN WITH THE STAYING HOME! GO OUT. I got home 1:45ish and answered the "how was the film?" question about 5 times. And each time they seemed surprised that I enjoyed it so much (Wonder Woman, it was very good!). Also guilt tripped about how they've not been out today, it's been a bad day, she's crying about the dog, she feels like she's stuck in the house, whatever else. 

Like I said, I really really appreciate that they're letting me stay and feeding me, I'd definitely be flat broke by now if I was in a hostel. But I'm just struggling so much. 

Happy 12 months in Australia to me.

Im sorry you having a bad time. I live in a rural part of America very little opportunity and Im in the same situation. I been promised 2 jobs once they an opening yet no news? People judge you not having a job yet I like to see them walk my shoes for awhile

Ever watch Judge Judy? She is quite dogmatic and opinionated, also she seems prejudiced against the unemployed or people with mental health conditions and says "You look as healthy as you can be to me". Mental illness is a hidden illness to many. Aspergers, ADHD, OCD, OCPD etc. I think lots of people who have never walked in the shoes of the unemployed, those who have to get onto benefits to make ends meet dont understand what it is like to be out of work. I had a good job once for 11 years and was a quality control. I got made redundant and lost many friends socially but stay in touch on FB.

12 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Ever watch Judge Judy? She is quite dogmatic and opinionated, also she seems prejudiced against the unemployed or people with mental health conditions and says "You look as healthy as you can be to me". Mental illness is a hidden illness to many. Aspergers, ADHD, OCD, OCPD etc. I think lots of people who have never walked in the shoes of the unemployed, those who have to get onto benefits to make ends meet dont understand what it is like to be out of work. I had a good job once for 11 years and was a quality control. I got made redundant and lost many friends socially but stay in touch on FB.

I hear that all the time I suffer from BI POLAR Depression and people dont care thinking you can "Pull Yourself together" "forget about it" the latter is the reason I no longer talk to my last counselor, Welcome to America now uncaring and unkind.

Also I find it quite patronising when people with Asperger or bipolar are dubbed as incapable or invalided and need care. Lots of them are quite independent people who just think differently and have fixations. There are several degrees of Asperger, some can have major Aspergers or some can have mild Aspergers. OK they may need a bit of prompting such as a change the bed linen reminder or a reminder to do the hoovering but that is hardly enough to warrant you a "special needs person" because you forget to do things.

Yes, needing a bit of help is different to being treated like an invalid.

• 2 months later...

I've lived in the outback, where we had 35gb of wifi a month and 3 kids to do online schooling - survived.
I then lived on a farm where we had RUBBISH signal wifi, which was 9.5gb a month - survived.

I now live in Sydney, in an actual city, with unlimited wifi. BUT THEY INSIST ON TURNING IT OFF!!! I've run out of night data in less than 2 weeks. WTF?! 

On 17/09/2017 at 10:49 AM, Kellicopter said:

I've lived in the outback, where we had 35gb of wifi a month and 3 kids to do online schooling - survived.
I then lived on a farm where we had RUBBISH signal wifi, which was 9.5gb a month - survived.

I now live in Sydney, in an actual city, with unlimited wifi. BUT THEY INSIST ON TURNING IT OFF!!! I've run out of night data in less than 2 weeks. WTF?! 

Because I'm quite dim I never understood the difference between Wifi and mobile data when I got my new phone and racked up a good old phone bill Mobile data is evil :lol:

Archived