The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

They also hate it when you answer them back when they are ranting at you as if it is just a one way thing. Sorry but it is a 2 way street, you give people aggro you must expect to get it back. It is a form of narcissism. And when you have to spend time with them you are on eggshells around them as you can do no right in their eyes.

I once worked for a boss who had his favourites, a workplace clique. Cliques are groups of people who are unfriendly to people outside the clique. They hold clandestine meetings in the corner table at break times or in the corner of the hallways and go quiet when people walk past or whisper sweet nothings/snigger about passers by. If you boss is part of the clique then it is bad morale for people outside the clique. The boss approves a day off for a worker in the clique at short notice, such as a day before, but to someone outside the clique they give 2 weeks notice and the boss umms and arrs and says "I am not sure we can give you the day off" and you have to beg and plead.

This boss I worked for I did not get on with, maybe because I did not suck up to him or anything. One time I was working opposite him and he was chatting away to a colleague and the colleague tried to include me in the chat but the boss just shut me off and ignored me. He excluded me from office banter yet was very chatty to others.

Nothing worse than feeling disliked by your boss at work. Esp if they give you the cold shoulder.

While fiery and fierce, Donald Fisher in H&A was never a stonewaller and always said what he thought and did not bow down to arse lickers. If he did have a grievance with a pupil he jolly well let them know rather than gave them the silent "shut you off" treatment.

I had those too. They had one set of rules for some and others for you!

Nice you brought up Norman as one of my former contacts knew him personally from the early H&A years and others seen him at events.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For example the boss would reprimand you if you accidentally lost track of time and were 1 minute late back from break, yet a brown noser was 3 or 4 mins late and the boss turns a blind eye. This boss I once worked for I have to ask for a transfer to another department as the atmosphere was so unpleasant. And I actually got on with him much better after I got a transfer. I was no longer his problem.

It shows that people may appear charming to people they know of, or vaguelly know but you see their true colours when you live/work with them. Some people get on much better when they dont have to live/work together as they are not arguing all the time.

Hypocrites have a list of lame excuses to justify their legions of faults while making the minor faults of others seem like the crime of the century.

25 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

For example the boss would reprimand you if you accidentally lost track of time and were 1 minute late back from break, yet a brown noser was 3 or 4 mins late and the boss turns a blind eye. This boss I once worked for I have to ask for a transfer to another department as the atmosphere was so unpleasant. And I actually got on with him much better after I got a transfer. I was no longer his problem.

It shows that people may appear charming to people they know of, or vaguelly know but you see their true colours when you live/work with them. Some people get on much better when they dont have to live/work together as they are not arguing all the time.

Hypocrites have a list of lame excuses to justify their legions of faults while making the minor faults of others seem like the crime of the century.

One holiday "Black Friday'  they made us come in 2 hours early give up half our lunch hour and wrote me up because although I was clocked back on time I forgot to tell one of the bosses I was on break as it was a hectic night and they wrote me up and it help get me fired weeks later. One mean boss I hated as he was the one who got me fired the shift complained and had him removed for awhile and he had "friends" made a few calls and got his position back and let everyone know he was there and nothing they can do!!!! Life so unfair. last time I was there hes still treating people like (Censored!)

One time a manager was holding a clandestine meeting near the vending machines and they went quiet as I walked past, he made it so obvious that he did not want me to hear what was being said and as I walked down the corridor I heard him say "Its alright he's gone" to the others. How rude is that?

Cliques are very hard to deal with. Outsiders either get totally ignored by them or ridiculed/victimised. I am glad BTTB is not cliquey, never found cliques on here, we all talk to one another here. Other forums do have cliques. I once was on a soap forum which had 3 members who were in a clique and they always backed one another up and were nasty to anyone outside the 3 who posted on their threads, or they acted like they did not want them posting. Also they had an administrator who backed them up. Sorry but once you join a forum and your account is approved you can post on any thread you like outside maybe mod/admin chat which is usually locked to members anyway.

Also I do find it a bit uneasy when someone says "If you need anything, just call me or email me, dont hesitate, I will be there for you" as usually they dont live up to that, they ignore your texts/emails calls etc. Or you confide in them and they are then put off and ignore you, or if you do call them, the tone in their voice suggests that they dont really care for you.

10 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

One time a manager was holding a clandestine meeting near the vending machines and they went quiet as I walked past, he made it so obvious that he did not want me to hear what was being said and as I walked down the corridor I heard him say "Its alright he's gone" to the others. How rude is that?

Cliques are very hard to deal with. Outsiders either get totally ignored by them or ridiculed/victimised. I am glad BTTB is not cliquey, never found cliques on here, we all talk to one another here. Other forums do have cliques. I once was on a soap forum which had 3 members who were in a clique and they always backed one another up and were nasty to anyone outside the 3 who posted on their threads, or they acted like they did not want them posting. Also they had an administrator who backed them up. Sorry but once you join a forum and your account is approved you can post on any thread you like outside maybe mod/admin chat which is usually locked to members anyway.

Also I do find it a bit uneasy when someone says "If you need anything, just call me or email me, dont hesitate, I will be there for you" as usually they dont live up to that, they ignore your texts/emails calls etc. Or you confide in them and they are then put off and ignore you, or if you do call them, the tone in their voice suggests that they dont really care for you.

I can relate!!! Been there many times.

The aforementioned boos I used to work for was, well, swearing is not allowed on here so I will not say the words that I could use to describe him. He expected the impossible and sometimes he would have the line we worked on going at full pelt and would say "Faster faster" to anyone who got behind. You cannot beat a machine though. One time I was carrying something heavy and I was struggling and he just stood and watched and did not help. One colleague even stuck up for me saying that I was being treated like a skivvy, a personal slave and I overheard the convo and the boss said "Well I am in charge of this area and he will do whatever I tell him and if he does not like it he can f*** off". He hardly spoke and had a quiet voice and got stroppy if you did not hear him first time due to his mumbling. Always the quiet ones isn't it? They dont say much but what they do say is quite nasty and passive aggressive.

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

The aforementioned boos I used to work for was, well, swearing is not allowed on here so I will not say the words that I could use to describe him. He expected the impossible and sometimes he would have the line we worked on going at full pelt and would say "Faster faster" to anyone who got behind. You cannot beat a machine though. One time I was carrying something heavy and I was struggling and he just stood and watched and did not help. One colleague even stuck up for me saying that I was being treated like a skivvy, a personal slave and I overheard the convo and the boss said "Well I am in charge of this area and he will do whatever I tell him and if he does not like it he can f*** off". He hardly spoke and had a quiet voice and got stroppy if you did not hear him first time due to his mumbling. Always the quiet ones isn't it? They dont say much but what they do say is quite nasty and passive aggressive.

I can relate. I had one female boss told us if she came to work in a bad mood that was just "tough" and took her issues out on us. which is why I quit. Yet the other jerk he got "friends" and despite being removed for awhile which made me happy got his shift back and told them the same! Things are worse now due to politics here in America as they do what they want and the "little people" on the job just better hope for a kind supervisor.

4 minutes ago, pembie said:

Well you were a class a Twat that was very painful 

I live in an world where your taught the boss is right and if you have issues its your fault!!!! God I hear that so much its no longer Amusing!

OH Well some just have to walk in our shoes and feel that one day!

1 minute ago, samdanfan said:

I live in an world where your taught the boss is right and if you have issues its your fault!!!! God I hear that so much its no longer Amusing!

OH Well some just have to walk in our shoes and feel that one day!

Got nothing to do with having a boss.. Sorry not having a good day sorry if I was rude

Archived