The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook annoys me sometimes, I think they disabled the "only get PM's from friends" feature, also on FB groups I am on, I keep getting the suggested members option for my FB friends to be added, some of the groups I know they would not be interested in a month of Sundays.

My local hospital is asking for feedback, the public's say on the future and this was advertised on their FB page and I made a simple suggestion to maybe give the wards names after local parishes instead of numbers, it may help to find the wards even easier (as hospitals are like mazes at times) and 2 women replied, one said "No way" and the other patronisingly said "The wards are numbered, surely that is distinctive enough?". It is their attitude which I disagree with the most, all they had to do was say "the numbering is probably sufficient enough". It was just a suggestion fgs!!!. You make a suggestion and get a "No way" response it makes you think twice about making a simple suggestion in the future.

Update, I found these 2 trolls has replied in similar ways to many other people on the group (comments they disagree with) and when us people call them out on it, they do not respond. It is a relief to at least say it is not personal, they are like that to loads of other members.

• 3 months later...

Seems on Facebook I got turned down to join a group about a large village where many of my family live and come from. I think the admin must have seen my profile and saw my home town listed which is over 100 miles away and turned me down on the basis that I am not from there. In this day and age that can be classed as a form of discrimination. Not allowing someone to join a FB village group because they dont live there. They must have seen that I have 4 friends in the group.

6 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Seems on Facebook I got turned down to join a group about a large village where many of my family live and come from. I think the admin must have seen my profile and saw my home town listed which is over 100 miles away and turned me down on the basis that I am not from there. In this day and age that can be classed as a form of discrimination. Not allowing someone to join a FB village group because they dont live there. They must have seen that I have 4 friends in the group.

Sad

I hate FAKE profiles on Social Media. and others who lie and are hypocrites. One girl in our club chapter quit Im guessing as she got married and deleted us without warning. Am I mad. Well  I am sad she done that NO one wants to lose a friend yet I like that they are honest like 2 other Ex Girlfriends.who when they broke up left the twitter and Facebook.

Im also sadden and hurt that stars lie too. I was told by Sources and a PR person at Neighbours a former character wanted NO social media

Here the part of the PM

"She only hopes that people enjoy her work and that her private life be kept Private!" and they have all 3 Facebook Twitter and Instagram  yet as someone else told me it their PR person who sent a page a reply for them! why I feel that way is their followers go do and there nothing worse than people who pick their fans.

Yet they are honest people there it take alot of trust to see who sincere and who NOT. I rejected alot of people as I have very little faith in some.

Why is it that selfish people always accuse others of being selfish? I think it is they dont like to see their faults in others. It is the same as those people who go round accusing others of racism are racist themselves.

I do find it annoying when people are always offended by the behaviour of others yet are the worst offenders of such behaviour.

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Why is it that selfish people always accuse others of being selfish? I think it is they dont like to see their faults in others. It is the same as those people who go round accusing others of racism are racist themselves.

I do find it annoying when people are always offended by the behaviour of others yet are the worst offenders of such behaviour.

I think it makes them feel better to do so! I know of whom you speak of. What Hypocrites!

24 minutes ago, samdanfan said:

I think it makes them feel better to do so! I know of whom you speak of. What Hypocrites!

They also hate it when you answer them back when they are ranting at you as if it is just a one way thing. Sorry but it is a 2 way street, you give people aggro you must expect to get it back. It is a form of narcissism. And when you have to spend time with them you are on eggshells around them as you can do no right in their eyes.

I once worked for a boss who had his favourites, a workplace clique. Cliques are groups of people who are unfriendly to people outside the clique. They hold clandestine meetings in the corner table at break times or in the corner of the hallways and go quiet when people walk past or whisper sweet nothings/snigger about passers by. If you boss is part of the clique then it is bad morale for people outside the clique. The boss approves a day off for a worker in the clique at short notice, such as a day before, but to someone outside the clique they give 2 weeks notice and the boss umms and arrs and says "I am not sure we can give you the day off" and you have to beg and plead.

This boss I worked for I did not get on with, maybe because I did not suck up to him or anything. One time I was working opposite him and he was chatting away to a colleague and the colleague tried to include me in the chat but the boss just shut me off and ignored me. He excluded me from office banter yet was very chatty to others.

Nothing worse than feeling disliked by your boss at work. Esp if they give you the cold shoulder.

While fiery and fierce, Donald Fisher in H&A was never a stonewaller and always said what he thought and did not bow down to arse lickers. If he did have a grievance with a pupil he jolly well let them know rather than gave them the silent "shut you off" treatment.

Archived