Main Site Updates

Chris J

We've now moved onto the 1993 credits on the main site. A rather spoiler filled Set 1 was uploaded yesterday, to replace a page that was over 10 years old with low quality caps :wink:

Thanks Dan. That's interesting that it's a torn paper effect. I always thought the shapes were still from the letters like the original style but rather than a cut out they were in between the edges of the letters, so Pippa & Michael were in the top of the H, Sally & Fin somewhere between the m & e and Alf & Ailsa were in the o.

We've now moved onto the 1993 credits on the main site. A rather spoiler filled Set 1 was uploaded yesterday, to replace a page that was over 10 years old with low quality caps :wink:

Thanks Dan. That's interesting that it's a torn paper effect. I always thought the shapes were still from the letters like the original style but rather than a cut out they were in between the edges of the letters, so Pippa & Michael were in the top of the H, Sally & Fin somewhere between the m & e and Alf & Ailsa were in the o.

It is a tricky one to interpret and different people will see them differently, but now you've said it I can definitely see what you mean - basically an inversion of the previous style, which I was so used to staring at with all the other titles I've edited recently that I didn't spot it and saw them as more random cutouts :P.

The edges of the letters have definitely had a 'torn' effect added to them though, as the original font is smooth other than the brush strokes at the end.

It is a tricky one to interpret and different people will see them differently, but now you've said it I can definitely see what you mean - basically an inversion of the previous style, which I was so used to staring at with all the other titles I've edited recently that I didn't spot it and saw them as more random cutouts :P.

The edges of the letters have definitely had a 'torn' effect added to them though, as the original font is smooth other than the brush strokes at the end.

Yeah, it's hard to see exactly where they all are. There are some rougher edges to the letters you can see in the previous sequence, mainly in the flicks of the letters. Ironically though the logo seems to become smoother and removes all of those embellishments in the 1993 sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it was a "torn paper" effect in 1993. It's just the same as the shots below from 1992 except all in colour instead of black with bits of colour.

credit15.jpgcredit13.jpg

credit1.jpgcredit9.jpg

The only difference was the removal of the little brush stroke effect that was used in some shots:

credit10.jpg

But as it was removed from the logo, it makes sense it would be removed from the shapes as they are supposed to be made from the logo aren't they?

Either way it's all very 90s. All those pastel colours! The change in font made a refreshing change too! It certainly brought a much needed change at the time, but looking back I think the black credits stand the test of time better! Still dated but not as dated as those pastels!

Either way it's all very 90s. All those pastel colours! The change in font made a refreshing change too! It certainly brought a much needed change at the time, but looking back I think the black credits stand the test of time better! Still dated but not as dated as those pastels!

Yeah I think the 1993-1996 titles definitely look more dated than the 88-92 style. I guess you can't go wrong with a simple black/ white colour scheme and a tidy script-ish font. The Pastel colours and the more grand, 'italic' font remind me of playing about with Paint/ Word on Windows 95, haha. I think the shots in general became a tad cheesier too, looking more and more staged until the 1995 set comes along.

I still really like them though and despite the dated graphics, I stand by the 1995 titles being my all time favourite set, with the 96 'revamp' version a close second.

Thanks for the update ;)

Edited by -Andrew-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...