Main Site Updates

Chris J

I know you don't do departure features anymore. Just one more question, that's all and I won't ask it again... I promise. I am wondering if you are going to do one for

Charlie or not? She had been a popular character, isn't she? We all enjoyed watching her on H&A through the years e.g. Charlie/Joey storyline, Charlie/Ruby/Grant storyline and the Chax storyline, etc...

It's just a suggestion, that's all. And sorry- I won't ask the question again about departure features anymore :)

Charlie dies on my screens next week here in NZ

:( And she leaves UK screens on 14th Feb, right?

I know you don't do departure features anymore. Just one more question, that's all and I won't ask it again... I promise. I am wondering if you are going to do one for

Charlie or not? She had been a popular character, isn't she? We all enjoyed watching her on H&A through the years e.g. Charlie/Joey storyline, Charlie/Ruby/Grant storyline and the Chax storyline, etc...

It's just a suggestion, that's all. And sorry- I won't ask the question again about departure features anymore :)

Charlie dies on my screens next week here in NZ

:( And she leaves UK screens on 14th Feb, right?

Oooooh!! If I write one can you feature it please?? I really want to be able to contribute and I'd love to write about

Charlie!

How's about I write it, and admin can decide if it's good enough?! Ok, I'll do one anyway :)

I won't go into the long details again as I did earlier in this thread, but as stated we don't have plans for any further departure features. Thanks for the offer also, but the following sums up the situation regarding members submitting features - not that I'm suggesting anything would be sub-standard, but there certainly would be issues if everyone started doing it. :)

The truth of the matter is, if we allow members to submit their own work, we're going to run into the awkward situation where we have dozens of members submitting content, which would then lead to us having to turn people away because their work doesn't meet the standard we strive to maintain on the site. We run the site as a reference point for fans of the show, and for this reason certain standards have to be met - and if we had to start doing that, we'd start getting - you guessed it - more abuse.

And in regards to the requests for helping with other features/becoming staff members, we thank you all for your enthusiasm but please see this section of our forum guide.

We're not currently looking to recruit, but when we do we take a lot of things into consideration and make our own decisions based on those. So please don't spend time writing features which we can't accept, or asking to become a staff member, as it will only lead to disappointment....just relax and enjoy the site and forum!

Back on topic and today we have 2 guest character profiles and another early years location added to the site :wink:

Sorry Dan, I must've missed that one. :(

I was under the impression that you welcomed contributions to the site.

Does that mean the episode summaries I was writing for the Australian discussion are also unwelcome? JosieTash already said they're happy for me to do it in their absence, and I thought I was helping by providing them.

Well, I've already started writing about the above mentioned character, because it's something I wanted to do. I will instead post it in the artworks thread, if anyone wants to see it!

Edited by ish_the_angel

If JosieTash has given you the OK to write current Australian episode summaries, you can continue with them. JT's summaries were never an official part of the site, more his unique take on each episode and so the decision whether you can take over would be solely his.

• 3 weeks later...

We do have one on the site from years ago - the year summaries page got broken during the section's revamp, so the index needs completely rebuilding and integrating into the new system at some point (which is something only the absent Chris has the proper know-how to do), but the direct link to the page is here - http://www.backtothebay.net/episodesarchive/years/1988.shtml