2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

4 hours ago, 630si said:

I wouldn’t say it’s odd. I guess every family is different? However, I would say it’s a bit strange the morning after the father only JUST accepted you though

Not every bay family we see are OK with having boyfriends/girlfriends stay over.  As mentioned in my post maybe Brody stayed over as otherwise Ziggy and Coco would have been alone, plus Ben was distracted over Maggie.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Razabaza said:

I'm bad a socializing, so maybe I don't understand how these things work, but is it really a common thing for boyfriends to hang around the house you share with your parents and sibling(s)?

I know my brother used to bring his girlfriend home from college with him when they were Ziggy's age, although it was separate rooms. It depends on how liberal the parents are: Ben was getting Maggie pregnant at that age so would probably have that thrown at him if he objected.

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Wow another doctor on duty at NDH!!!

Doctor Genner, who we've seen a few times over the last couple of years.

So, I'm left watching another episode which, judging from promos and the comments I've seen elsewhere, I'm expecting will show Ash in a bad light...and it really doesn't.In fact, I pretty much thought Justin was asking for that punch.Robbo was the one who attacked Ash, and Justin decides to restrain Ash for defending himself and let Robbo escape? Huh?! And again, Robbo came across as far more brutal than Ash, attacking first and then hitting him with a piece of wood, even if Ash did start the second bout of fisticuffs.I found myself nodding in agreement with much of what Ash said, although he has a higher opinion of Kat than I do.Robbo was trying to take Ash's child away from him.(And if he hadn't filled Kat's head with fantasies of the two of them hiding away together, she'd never have broken him out of jail.)And I also cheered when Ash told the increasingly whiny Tori that he doesn't agree with the choices she's made lately.This is twice she's withheld information from the police that could have resolved this and possibly prevented Kat's death, yet she's busy playing the martyr.

I really hope we don't have to put up with Raffy staying with John and Marilyn for long, it didn't work the first time and it's not working now.(And I do think John was alarmist acting as though she was in danger with Robbo around.)I got my hopes up when she went to see Justin but then she asked him to take her back.I did like her scenes with Willow and found Justin a bit stuck-up in his attitude towards her.

Hunter is sulking, snapping and generally being a loser, so his normal self basically.I will say that Irene was less annoying in context than she seemed in the promo, so see if she can keep it up.

Oh...and what is Willow's surname? I think it's Harris although I don't think we've ever heard anyone call her that, it was just used for her father when he was in hospital.But she seems to be credited as Willow Ranger in about a quarter of her appearances, including her first one.

7 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Not every bay family we see are OK with having boyfriends/girlfriends stay over.  As mentioned in my post maybe Brody stayed over as otherwise Ziggy and Coco would have been alone, plus Ben was distracted over Maggie.

Sure I was just meaning in life some families are really open to that sort of thing.

in tonight’s episode I started to lose a bit of my sympathy for Ash, and I really shouldn’t be so soon after him losing his unborn child. I just find his knee jerk reactions of revenge unrelatable. 

I do understand what Red is saying about Tori withholding info. It could’ve even prevented Kat’s death!

I was cheering Irene on when she frog marched to the hotel to get Olivia. Too right she needs to come out of hiding and face the music! 

6 hours ago, Razabaza said:

If Ash were my boyfriend I'd dump him so quickly. I know he's upset right now,  but in general, he's just so thuggish and aggressive. What's the appeal?

Yup.  This just about sums it up.  At the moment utterly unlikeable.  Although I guess his looks have something to do with his appeal.

When Ash punched Justin it just made me think he's prepared to turn on someone who tried to help him.  I thought Ash was actually lucky to last as long as he did against Robbo and if it wasn't for Robbo being debilitated by the car accident he would have taken out Ash a lot easier.  Like when he knocked out Ash last week I was glad he whacked Ash across the head with the wood and took him out again.  Whilst I'm not usually a fan of people being self-righteous I was glad Tori had a go at Justin as the whole thing was his fault and a very bad move on his part.  Hopefully Robbo will be able to evade the cops.

I'm finding it really funny how Irene seems to be team Hunter.  "That poor boy".  Seems to be nothing but total sympathy towards him and disappointment towards Olivia.  I am interested in this storyline mainly to see if Hunter reverts back to sociopath mode.  I don't believe he's there yet or even close but today was warning sign for different reasons.  If Mason hadn't been there to stop him from drink driving I'm not sure what would have happened.  Again good to see Jen.  I am still wondering that her motivation for helping Hunter is driven by self interest but she is coming across as though she genuinely cares about his well being.

And we have Willow.  Given that where possible she likes to avoid pulling her weight and wanted Justin to share her workload on her first day I'm not surprised she practically jumped at the chance of Raffy helping her at the gym.  And her moonlighting was probably similar to what happened before.

17 hours ago, Razabaza said:

If Ash were my boyfriend I'd dump him so quickly. I know he's upset right now,  but in general, he's just so thuggish and aggressive. What's the appeal?

He must be an AMAZING lover....

Actually I don't believe that, he'd be too selfish in bed too.

6 hours ago, harrietjames said:

He must be an AMAZING lover....

Actually I don't believe that, he'd be too selfish in bed too.

???? that made me laugh! 

As Slade says I’m also very interested in what happens to Hunters behaviour now. However I must agree that’s irene is right to chastise Olivia for what she did. In today’s episode I thought Irene was spot on. She told Olivia what for in the hotel but by the time she was leaving with Axle she was supportive and there for her.

so Willow and Justin finally official now. Just waiting for that bump in the road now.

It doesn’t look good for Maggie, hopefully if it is the big C they have caught it quickly enough. Tori hasn’t half dished some news out this week hasn’t she!! She needs a holiday i reckon 

17 hours ago, Slade said:

And her moonlighting was probably similar to what happened before.

I assumed that was simply the wife of the chap she was chatting up last week.

So...I found Irene rather annoying here and was cheering Olivia all the way and especially Axel when he slapped down her attempt to rant at him.Irene's always had a higher opinion of Hunter and of Olivia's relationship with him than me, but she must have had her eyes closed if she thinks Olivia sleeping with Axel was their only problem.So, is that Olivia gone then? I rather hope so: Not because I particularly dislike her but because I think it's actually quite a positive and appropriate exit and gets her away from Hunter.Not sure why Mason is suddenly so chummy with Jennifer: It's not that long since she was falsely accusing him of sexual harassment. Plus she made his sister's life a misery.

I found Justin being judgemental of Willow annoying again but they seem to have got past it.I'd like to say I find them cute together but to be honest, I think I just find her cute. And yes, potentially trying times ahead for the Astonis.It's an interesting thing to throw at them and it'll be good to see how they handle it.

First off was it just me or did Robbo's bandaged leg go from right to left and back again or did I  imagine it?:unsure: 

Ash has just lost his baby and ex who while he wasn't in love with Kat anymore did care for her. Maybe if Robbo hadn't been who he was there would have some acceptance.  It took a while for Ash & Justin to become buddies. I think it hurt Ash to see how much effort Robbo had out into that place and it hit him that Kat really had been willing to stay there. For a while it looked like it could have all gone quietly at the cottage but Robbo overheard something Ash said and that pushed to wrong button and he came barrelling out and attacked him.  Robbo is a strong bloke despite being impaired and still put up a good fight. Ash knocks out Justin who is trying to separate them both and runs off after Robbo.  who could have easily finished him off after knocking him out but didn't so could there be a return match in the offing?  Frankly I didn't blame Justin a bit for kicking Ash.  On the subject of Justin no wonder Tori despairs of him as  just as his cuts and bruises from one altercation heal up he gets others.  I may be a lone voice but I don't want Robbo to die, even if he probably doesn't care one way or the other at the moment. Going off on a tandem who does that cottage belong to?

Justin didn't let on to Ash that Tori knew about the address but it didn't take him long to work it out. Her explanation for not telling  him being that's all I had an address, didn't know he'd still be there, which is pretty lame. No-one seemed in a hurry to tell the cops about the place. It did start me thinking if Tori given Kat that address when she had the chance, Kat could have slipped away to the cottage and been with Robbo and alive, instead of them doing a moonlit flit and have that car crash into them. Of course then Tori would have had to keep a massive secret from Ash which although she had seven years of lying to people it would have been something else entirely lying to Ash.

I had to keep reminding myself it was only the next day that all this was going on.

Yes Hunter went off and got himself drunk, as most guys in the bay seem to do when they'd been dumped, but actually it was pretty tame effort.  He wasn't wildly out of control like the 'old' Hunter would have been Mason easily got him out of the car and back to the Diner. When Mason got that call at the gym I thought it was Tori telling him about Justin but it turned out to be Jen letting him know about Hunter.  It does appear she is genuinely concerned about him as a friend rather than a potential love interest. Jen did come out with a throw away remark when she was trying to talk to him when he was in his car when she said she knew what it was like to be let down by someone you loved, her dad maybe? 

It wouldn't have taken a genius to work where Liv was so not surprising Irene tracked down at the motel and confront her.  I thought Axel was unjustified in accusing of Irene having no business of interfering she's been a mother figure in Liv's life for a good few years and looked out for her and doesn't want her making a big mistake. Liv did owe it to Hunter to say a proper goodbye and not just slip away, he took it  a lot better than I thought he would which I guess shows how much he has matured since we first met him. A turn around on Irene's part when she said goodbye to Liv. She may have become unlikable recently but I hope all goes well for her and Axel doesn't turn out to be a rat.

Where had Willow been that she didn't know about Kat?  So after a lot of to-ing  and fro-ing and misunderstanding Willow and Justin finally get it together not that we didn't see it coming. Naturally there'll be bumps in the road, Justin never picks a woman that doesn't have hang-ups, secrets of some kind.

Just as the Astoni's life is going well they get the news Maggie may have cancer, will this see the return of Diana to help look after her?  I'm not sure I agreed with Maggie's decision not to tell the girls. They are old enough to cope and help Ben.

Jasmine Delany, the woman driver of the  car that crashed into Kat, is still around and if they have named her has to mean she has a story.

Archived