What was the story with Kit?

adam436

Does anyone know what the story with Kit was? She was a regular for less than a year in 2003-2004, but she then she kept coming back quite regularly and for quite lengthy stints sometimes.

I read she was axed, which seems odd considering they'd just introduced two brothers and a sister for her, but why did she keep coming back if the producers didn't want her? I've also heard the producers didn't think she was good looking enough to be Beau Brady's love interest (or words to that affect), which doesn't seem right since he was killed off not long after.

I don't think that it was ever stated Amy was axed, though it had been hinted at by writers of the time. The character was completely different to the norm and that probably scared TPTB and maybe a compromise was to have her come back in guest stints but that's just conjecture on my part.

On 04/03/2018 at 13:25, adam436 said:

I've also heard the producers didn't think she was good looking enough to be Beau Brady's love interest (or words to that affect), which doesn't seem right since he was killed off not long after.

I think ~Lynd~ said that in another thread and I think that's just her speculating, happy to be proven wrong. She could have been asked to return for any reason, whether that be because she was a popular character with fans or that Amy got along well with her coworkers or because it made sense storyline-wise for her to return, my guess though is that it was all of the above :P

If I remember correctly the reason for her exit was that she wasn't considered pretty enough for the show or to sell magazine covers.It was only after she lost weight and they stuck a ton of make up on her that she started to reoccur.

I would love to be wrong but I think the fact that they set up her and Noah only to get rid of her and put him back with someone more commercially attractive,then bring her back after she lost weight speaks for itself. 

It sucks because she was quite pretty but not hot.Plus she was a really good character with some strong storylines.

And Yes.I am still salty she didn't end up with Noah.Thanks for reminding me.:P

Bec Cartwright and Beau Brady were dating right? Were they dating the whole time Hayley and Noah were together on the show? Did that have anything to do with the fact Hayley was Noah's only real relationship on the show? I doubt the show is that immature but you never know? It kind of depends on the break up. I know some ex's can't be in the same room so to ask them to spend so much time filming being in love together wouldn't work.

Just thinking out loud I honestly have no interest in celebrity love lives so I've never given it any real thought before. 

Interestingly, Danny Raco (who was paired with Hayley, the other half of the "supercouple"), left at the same time as Amy Mizzi.

Kit was basically my favourite of the entire Sutherland/Hunter hybrid, so it's a shame she was the first to go. I couldn't stand Matilda, Scott or the Sutherlands and Henry and Max were pretty forgettable  (nothing wrong with them, they just didn't do much!)

She became more feminie and less fiesty during her longest guest stint (the 2006-2007 stint), which I think just showed TPTB wanted that type of character ideally.

On 5.3.2018 at 11:07, ~Lynd~ said:

If I remember correctly the reason for her exit was that she wasn't considered pretty enough for the show or to sell magazine covers.It was only after she lost weight and they stuck a ton of make up on her that she started to reoccur.

I would love to be wrong but I think the fact that they set up her and Noah only to get rid of her and put him back with someone more commercially attractive,then bring her back after she lost weight speaks for itself. 

It sucks because she was quite pretty but not hot.Plus she was a really good character with some strong storylines.

And Yes.I am still salty she didn't end up with Noah.Thanks for reminding me.:P

They must have had visions then, Kit was a pretty woman back then

Kit was a great character but she became very righteous in her final stint in 2007 when she was pregnant with Kim's child.

I liked her in all of her other many stints though. She was great standing up to Amanda, and I liked her relationship with Noah way better than Noah and Hayley.

They only put Noah and Hayley back together after they had already decided to kill him - I'm sure. Noah and Hayley were the couple of with years of history compared to Kit and Noah, so they thought it would be more tragic a death if he got back together with and married his "true love" just before his death. All very contrived.

But if Noah was killed off anyway, was there any reason to ditch Kit? Could they not have given her another love interest or even still, had storylines not related to romance?

Perhaps set her up with someone new at that point? I guess other than Kim though, her options were pretty limited as we were just left with Jesse, Kane (who was with Kirsty) and Kim (she deserved better!).

Archived