Week of Monday March 26th

Bri1231

I gave my thoughts on the gap in another thread a week or two back so can't be bothered to repeat it here.

As for the storyline, I wonder if it's the same as Neighbours' 30th anniversary when they were still two weeks behind but arranged to have the beginning and end of the anniversary storyline coincide with the UK and Oz anniversaries.

7 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I gave my thoughts on the gap in another thread a week or two back so can't be bothered to repeat it here.

As for the storyline, I wonder if it's the same as Neighbours' 30th anniversary when they were still two weeks behind but arranged to have the beginning and end of the anniversary storyline coincide with the UK and Oz anniversaries.

I honestly don’t think they are clever enough to pull that off 

The actual anniversary date has long passed though, so it doesn't make sense, like the way Neighbours had 2 special episodes over a 2 week gap. Isn't the storyline they're referring to in the article airing right now in Australia? It would be an interesting idea if they could have the same story play out simultaneously, but I can't see how that would ever work on two different timelines. They might be able to get away with it for an isolated scene or two, or a completely standalone episode where e.g. Pippa and Sally returned to the Bay to reminisce. Sounds like the article is mixed up, but that's nothing unusual....

I emailed channel five today and they got back to me pretty fast saying they are planning some special episodes for the 30th anniversary but have not finalised them as yet. So wait and see I guess. At least they are doing something. Find it strange Seven did nothing. As for the gap. Who knows. Makes no sense. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived