Tessa James (Nicole Franklin) gives birth to her first child

Pantherboy

Congrats to Tessa James (Nicole) on the birth of her first child:

Former Home and Away star Tessa James gives birth to her first child after cancer battle

She announced the happy news on Instagram.

Former Home and Away star Tessa James

Former Home and Away star Tessa James has given birth to her first child with husband Nate Myles.

Tessa – who is best known for playing Nicole Franklin in the Aussie soap – announced the happy news on Instagram on Friday morning with a picture of Nate pushing a pram.

Quoting a line from Winnie the Pooh, Tessa captioned the photo: "As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen."

Tessa confirmed her pregnancy news back in August, just two years after going into remission from cancer.

The actress was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma at the age of 23 three years ago and underwent chemotherapy treatment.

Shortly after revealing her diagnosis, she thanked fans for their "overwhelming" support. "I can't thank you enough. All my love."

Tessa has been married to professional rugby league player Nate since 2011. She starred in Home and Away from 2008 until 2011.

Digital Spy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived