Big stars who got their start on HAA

joany208121

With the current promo of actors who "all came from here" (Summer Bay), who do you think is classified as making the big time outside of HAA? 

The promo lists some (below) but are there are others not included?

• Heath Ledger
  • Naomi Watts
  • Chris Hemsworth
  • Julian McMahon
  • Isla Fisher
  • Simon Baker
  • Dannii Minogue
  • Steve Peacocke

Also who was the first actor to make it big? 

3 hours ago, bijou said:

I'd hardly call Stephen Peacocke a big star 

but there is also Melissa George

Indeed. Sharni Vinson has had more success with You're Next and Step Up than Stephen and whatever that flop Tina Fey movie he was in.

19 hours ago, joany208121 said:

With the current promo of actors who "all came from here" (Summer Bay), who do you think is classified as making the big time outside of HAA? 

The promo lists some (below) but are there are others not included?

• Heath Ledger
  • Naomi Watts
  • Chris Hemsworth
  • Julian McMahon
  • Isla Fisher
  • Simon Baker
  • Dannii Minogue
  • Steve Peacocke

Also who was the first actor to make it big? 

Out of those names Heath Ledger clearly the biggest star, RIP. Currently Hemsworth is a megastar in Hollywood right now. The Thor Franchise definately had a big part to play in that. Julian McMahon, he was in Niptuck right? Loved that show. Woulden''t say he is a big star. But he has been in a few movies. I remember he was in one of the Fantastic Five movies ten odd years ago. Isla Fisher I would consider a big star over their. Baker, Minogue, Peacocke prob down the list of B Star Status. Ryan Kwanton is another one. He starred in True Blood. I would consider him a star in the States. Isabel Lucas is another one. Although I Woulden't consider her a big star. Mellisa George too. 

Ledger I would consider the first actor to make it big in Hollywood from this show. 

Could add a few more - Luke Mitchell, Rhiannon Fish, Lisa Lackey, Isabelle Lucas, Nic Bishop, Luke Bracey, Jordan Rodrigues, Ryan Kwanten,  Justin Melvey, Guy Pearce, Jason Smith, Martin Henderson, Adam Garcia (Episode #1.751 (1991) ... Smart Alec no.1 ), Liam Hemsworth have gone onto multiple Hollywood roles

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

Could add a few more - Luke Mitchell, Rhiannon Fish, Lisa Lackey, Isabelle Lucas, Nic Bishop, Luke Bracey, Jordan Rodrigues, Ryan Kwanten,  Justin Melvey, Guy Pearce, Jason Smith, Martin Henderson, Adam Garcia (Episode #1.751 (1991) ... Smart Alec no.1 ), Liam Hemsworth have gone onto multiple Hollywood roles

Yes I agree with some of these. Luke Mitchell, Isabel Lucas and Luke Bracey have alot of credits and notoriety in other countries for their high profile work. 

Some such as Justin Melvey, Jason Smith Lisa Lackey, the work (especially acting work) seems to have died down in recent years (or atleast what is show in large media) which is a shame. 

Also some of these aren't as big as Isla or Chris, but I'll also add

• Bobby Morley
  • Guy Pearce
  • Brenton Thwaites 
  • Rebecca Breeds
  • Clare Bowen 
  • Chris Egan 
  • Samara Weaving

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

Nicholas Bishop and Guy Pearce did have regular roles on series before Home and Away (Above the Law and Neighbours, respectively), so technically not their starts...

Archived