Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 141

Fisher Residence-Summer Bay

Donald closed the door then he heard laughter in the living room. When he entered, he saw Bobby and Sally stretched out on the couch covered in a blanket

“I bought your things Sally’ Donald said then he walked into the living room and put the bag on the chair

“Thank you’ Sally said then she continued looking at the TV and her and Bobby both started laughing. Donald walked over to the couch and sat down.

“So when are you seeing Geoff again” Donald said

“I don’t know” Bobby said, not taking her eyes off the TV

“Since his family invited you to dinner, I think its only right that we have them over for dinner soon” Donald said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Look at the time, its getting late” Donald said then Bobby looked at him

“Sal, Dad is right, its getting late, go and get ready for bed in my room” Bobby said

‘Ok” Sally said and she got up

‘I might even make up a story for you” Bobby said with a smile as Sally smiled and got up from the couch, picke dup her bag and walked to the bedroom. When Bobby heard the room door close she turned around and looked at Donald

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

‘Why are you being rude?” Bobby said

‘I didn’t mean to be rude but I was hoping that you and Geoff would have some alone time” Donald said

“That still wasn’t an excuse for the way you behaved” Bobby said then Donald got up and turned the TV off and sat down opposite Bobby

“Bobby, I am sorry..I just worry about you that is all…being a single mother and what the people in the town will say” Donald said

“Dad, I don’t care what the people around here are going to say” Bobby said

“I do, you are my daughter…I just want you to be happy..after all that mess with Danny and Frank” Donald was interrupted when he said Franks name

“Just leave it dad” Bobby said as her heat sank and she put her hand on her stomach

“Look, I don’t want to upset you, all I am saying is that you have this young man who is very fond of you and wants to take care of you and the baby…just let him be a priority since he is making you a priority” Donald said then he looked at Bobby who sighed

Lime residence

“Is that you Geoff?” Mrs Lime said

“Yes” Geoff said then he closed the door and walked into the living room

‘Did you see Bobby” Mrs Lime said as she knitted

“Yes, she is doing well” Geoff said

“That’s good, I know you were worried earlier” Mrs Lime said as she kinitted

“Bobbys little sister was kidnapped and when she went to hand over the ransom money, she fell so as a precaution she was taken to the hospital” Geoff said

“Oh my goodness, how awful for the family’ Mrs Lime said

“Yeah but Sally, the sister is fine, I just left them at Bobbys” Geoff said

“That is wonderful news’ Mrs Lime said as she knitted

what are you doing?” Geoff said with a smile

“Knitting something for the baby…I thought Id do green since we don’t know the gender of the baby” Mrs Lime said

“Shes having a boy” Geoff said

“How do you know?” Mrs Lime said then she stopped knitting

“Bobby had a scan at the hospital today, showed me the picture and everything’ Geoff said with a smile

“That is amazing news…in a few short months, we are going to have a little one running around here” Mrs Lime said as she began to knit again will Geoff smiled

Background Music ends

The Bistro The City

Matt put his pen behind his ear and poured the beer into the second glass then he put the glasses in the tray then the waitress picked up the tray and walked over to the customer. Matt picked up a cloth and wiped the table down then he sighed. He looked at his watch, one more hour to go then he was going home. Since Carly came in, all he could do was think about her which he knew was wrong because he made the choice to leave her and face up to his responsibilities.

“Phone ringing”

Matt walked over to the phone

“The Bistro, Matt speaking , how can I help you?” Matt said

“Hi Handsome” Barbra said as Matts heart sank

“Hi, how are you?” Matt said

“Good, just the baby and I are missing you” Barbra said trying to ignore her guilt

‘Ill be home soon” Matt said

“I was thinking that we should plan to have your parents over for dinner this week if you can leave work early’ Barbra said

“I don’t know, with Dads schedule and here, I can’t promise anything” Matt said

“I think we should plan something anyway, and if it falls through, I get to have you home early’ Barbra said as Matt sighed

“I got to go now, start getting ready to close’ Matts said

“Ok, Ill be waiting for you..I love you” Barba said

“Ok, Ill see you later” Matt said

“I said I love you” Barbra said and Matt sighed

“Yeah I love you too…ill see you later” Matt said then he put the phone down and stared at the receiver

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Background music-Fletcher family theme

“Have any of the children attempted to contact their real parents?” Reverend Jones said as he sat next to Pippa on the couch and drank his tea

“With fostering, its different, the parents are allowed to have contact, within reason with the children if they want. At some point or another, they have all been in touch with parents or other family members “ Pippa said

“Right, what about Frank?” Reverend Jones said

“Before he and Bobby got married, they both wanted to get in touch with their parents, to invite them to the wedding. For Bobby, that is how she found out that her parents were not her actual parents and she was adopted” Pippa said

“That mustve been awful for her, to find out that way’ Reverend Jones said

“Yes, for a while it was, it turned her life upside down then she eventually decided that Frank and her future with him was more important that digging up the past but unfortunately the situation was never put to rest and the whole thing snowballed and today she knows who her real parents are’ Pippa said

“Roberta told me that you, your husband and Frank saved her life” Reverend Jones said then Pippa got up, she walked over to the desk and pulled out a photo album then she went and sat back down and opened the page to a photo taken at Frank and Bobbys wedding where everyone was looking into the camera and smiling but Frank and Bobby were looking lovingly at each other

“Bobby is a special young lady…has been through so much heartache…I just want her to be happy…sometimes I feel like she isn’t completely happy but I hope things will change when the baby comes along” Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked at the photo hoping that any reactions would give away what he knows

“Looks like a wonderful wedding” Reverend Jones said

“Yes it was, Tom and I were very upset that they didn’t work out. We had our reservations because they were both young but seeing them together, they were very much in love” Pippa said

‘Franks parents, did they come to the wedding?” Reverend Jones said

“No, Mrs Malloy our social worker reached out to his parents to tell them that he was getting married and he wanted to speak to them and invite them to their wedding” Pippa said

“That is a shame” Reverend Jones said

“Yes it was but Frank took it well, he spent that majority of his youth with Tom and I so I think it was more so out of curiosity that he wanted to meet them..I think he closed that chapter of his life” Pippa said

“Do you think he would ever be interested in meeting them?” Reverend Jones said

“I honestly do not know…That would mean going back to his past. The Morgan’s treated Frank very badly, it took a lot of time, love and care to turn his life around. Maybe things would be different now, opening the old wound might not hurt as much…especially now that he is in a good place, has a great job and family…but I am not sure how that will ever happen” Pippa said

"Well we can never predict the future" Reverend Jones said and smiled

“If you don’t mind, its late and I am tired, its been a long day” Pippa said

“Oh of course” Reverend Jones said as he looked at his watch

“I better get myself off to bed, I have a day in court tomorrow” Reverend Jones said as he got up

“Alex…thank you again for being here” Pippa said then she hugged Reverend Jones

“Goodnight Phiilippa” Reverend Jones said then he walked to the door and opened it

“Goodnight’ Pippa said as Reverend Jones turned around and kissed Pippas cheek and smiled then he walked away into the night to his caravan. Pippa closed the door and smiled then she turned the light off and walked towards the stairs

“Phone ringing”

“Who would be ringing at this time” Pippa thought as she walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver

“Summer Bay Caravan Park” Pippa said

“Pippa, its me Frank” Frank said as Pippa sighed and pulled the chair out and sat down

Background music-Fletcher family theme

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 142

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

Alf opened his bedroom door, closed it half way, walked over to the bed and sat down. As he sighed, Ailsa looked up from the book she was reading

Emotional background music

“Everything alright love? ‘ Ailsa said as she watched Alf lean back on the pillow

“Its Celia” Alf said

“What happened? Is she still at the police station?” Ailsa said concerned

“No, shes home,” Alf said

‘So what is it?” Ailsa said

“She actually broke down tonight and told me that she is lonely, wanted a family of her own…I felt so helpless love’ Alf said

“Im sorry” Ailsa said as she put her arm around Alf

“That’s why she is putting all her eggs into whatever it is with Michael but I think he might have a thing for Pippa judging by the way he was acting at the hospital” Alf said

‘Yes, I noticed something a few weeks ago, I caught him staring at her’ Ailsa said

“What do I do Ails, I am her big brother, I am suppose to protect her. Morag, Barb, Deb, they have all had some sort of life..marriage..kids but Celia” Alf was interupted

“I know Alf , its not your fault. Maybe we are jumping to conclusions with the Michael thing, maybe its serious, lets just give it time. Maybe we should invite them over for dinner soon, suss him out’ Ails said

“Yeah…maybe we should” Alf said dejected

“Alf, I never expected to find you and have Duncan, both happened when I didn’t expect it..it will happen for Celia when it’s the right time’ Ailsa said

“You think so?” Alf said

“I hope so” Ailsa said then she smiled at Alf and sighed

Background music ends

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“I was just about to go to bed, I had intended to call you tomorrow’ Pippa said

‘I got worried when you didn’t call so I called Ailsa and she told me what is going on..Pippa why don’t you tell me whats going on” Frank said

Background Music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Frank I don’t want to worry you” Pippa said

“Worry me? I was about to get a flight out there” Frank said

“Oh Frank..you don’t have to keep dropping everything and running home any time there is a problem” Pippa said

“I will if you don’t tell me what is going on..how do you think I feel? I feel guilty being here knowing you need me there” Frank said

“Frank I can cope…Alex came to visit this weekend and he stayed…he is going to the court with Steven tomorrow…he thinks Steven wants him to go because he is embarrassed about what happened and him hitting me” Pippa said then she sighed…she had said too much

“What?? Did you just say Steve hit you? Frank said

“Yes but it was just an accident” Pippa was interrupted

“Put him on the phone right now” Frank said angrily

“Frank please…it was an accident” Pippa said

“What else are you keeping from me?” Frank said as Pippa sighed

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby closed the bedroom door slowly, Sally was fast asleep. Bobby looked at her and smiled then she walked over to the chair and picked up Alans bear then she walked over to the window, opened the curtain slightly and looked outside. The moon was bright, she smiled….it reminded her of the full moon that night she went to Frank in the caravan. Bobby hugged Alans bear really tight with one hand then put the other hand on her stomach and a tear ran down her cheek “We love you daddy” Bobby said then sighed and closed the curtain and slowly got into bed next to Sally then as usually the tears began to flow and she closed her eyes and tried to sleep

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“ That’s the whole story Frank…I am not  hiding anything else.. I promise” Pippa said

“Is Sal still awake, I want to speak to her” Frank said

‘She wanted to stay the night with Bobby” Pippa said

“How is Bobby?” Frank said

“Shes fine,  went into the hospital for observation but shes fine and so is the baby” Frank said

“That’s good. I am glad that Christopher is alright, I was really annoyed when Celia told me Bobby took him” Frank said

“What?” Pippa said

“I would’ve been really upset if something happened to Christopher’ Frank said

“Christopher?” Pippa said confused

‘Yeah, I miss him so much, I feel like he is my real son” Frank said as Pippa was still confused

“Speaking of Christopher, he is crying” Pippa said

“Ok, Ill let you go…Please call me, let me know what happened at the court, ill speak to Sal too” Frank said

“Ok, I will’ Pippa said

“Pippa, I love you..please don’t shut me out” Frank said

‘I am sorry…I just don’t want you to feel that you have to drop your life to take care of us….you left here to make a life, you have a family..i don’t want to disrupt that” Pippa said

“I know but you are important to me..Roo knows that’ Frank said

“Thank you…I love you but I better go to Christopher” Pippa said

“Please give him a bg hug from me and tell Reverend Jones I said thank you for looking after my family” Frank said

“I will..Ill phone tomorrow” Pippa said

“Alright, goodnight” Frank said

“Night’ Pippa said then she put the phone down and sighed “Alright Christopher…im coming”  Pippa said then she got up and walked towards the stairs

Manhattan – New York

Frank put the receiver down and sighed then got up and walked back to the bed and lay on his back with his arms behind his neck

“Everything alright?” Roo said as she turned around

“Not really but I am not there so there is nothing I can do about it” Frank said

“If you want to go to Austrailia, I think you should go” Roo said

“No, there is no point now”  Frank said as he looked at the ceiling

“You asked about Bobby….how is she?” Roo said feeling jealous

“Fine. Pippa said her, Sal and Chris went to the hospital to get checked out but they are fine” Frank said

“That’s good” Roo said

“Yeah, I was really worried…I would’ve been really upset if something happened to them’ Frank said as Roo slowly sighed and looked down

“Hey, lets get ready and go and get some breakfast and take a walk in the park like we usually do on Sunday..looking at all the fancy houses ”  Roo said excited

“Nah…you go, I am not in the mood” Frank said

“Frank….you said you didn’t want to go to Australia so if you don’t want to go, you have to be present here, with me, your family here” Roo said

“Why are you making a big deal?, I just don’t feel like going out, just drop it’ Frank said then he turned onto his side away from Roo as she sighed and looked at the back of his head

Background music ends

Chapter 143

Mitchell/Wood residence-Summer Bay

“Oh, sorry” Megan said then she closed the bathroom door and smiled. She had accidently walked in on Grant as he was putting on his towel. A few moments later Grant opened the bathroom door

“No, its my fault, I am so used to living on my own, I didn’t remember to lock the door” Grant said

“Its my fault, I should’ve knocked” Megan said

“No harm, the bathroom is free now’ Grant said with a smile as Megan walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Grant smiled and walked into his room and closed the door. So far Summer Bay has not been that bad Grant thought to himself as he dried himself and thought about the last school he worked at…why he had to leave and make a new start. Grant sighed…Summer Bay is going to be a new start, Grant thought to himself then he started to get dressed for work.

Manhattan-New York

Frank ironed the last of his shirts and hung it on the hanger then opened the closet door and hung the shirt inside next to his other ironed work clothes.

Background Music-Frank and Bobbys theme

As Frank was about to close the door, he noticed the top of the guitar in the corner of closet then remembered the day Bobby gave it to him, for saving her life from Danny, Frank also remembered it was the day he took Sally to the Father/Daughter dance..he smiled…he was so proud that night, he felt like her real father, he hoped that Tom would be proud of him. Frank also thought about Christopher and how much he felt like his real son and how his heart would’ve been broken if anything happened to Bobby, Sally or Christopher. Frank started thinking about the last few months, things that Roo said about him letting go and being present with her…he made the choice and he knew she was right but he couldn’t let go of people he loved very much….then Frank started thinking of when things went wrong with Bobby, all their arguments and walking away from her. Frank sighed then Roo opening the door brought him back to the present and Frank folded the ironing board, placed it in the closet and closed the door. He then picked up the iron from the floor, wrapped the cord around the bottom and put it on the table to cool down

“Hi’ Roo said then put some grocery bags in the kitchen, took of her shoes and walked towards the couch. Frank sat on the couch and picked up some papers from the table and put them inside his work bag

‘Frank,  I want to say something’ Roo said as Frank picked up a magazine from the table and put it in his bag

‘Frank” Roo said then Frank turned around and looked at her

“When I moved to the city to be with you, you were so happy that you left Summer Bay behind, you were moving up and said you didn’t want to go anywhere without me…I felt like the luckiest girl in the world, and when you asked me to marry you, I couldn’t believe that you would want to marry me, not after the way I hurt you but that confirmed to me how much you really loved me, you want to spend the rest of your life with me even though I lied and nearly ruined your life. It felt like such a dream Frank. Even though you married Bobby, I still felt in my heart that one day, we would be together, I didn’t know if it was even going to be in this lifetime but I just had a feeling that we would and we are, here, making a new start and building our life. I love you Frank and choosing me, I know you love me but I know your family is important but this is unfair to me. I love my dad, Duncan and Ailsa  but I let them get on with their lives..” Roo said

‘Its different for you” Frank said

“How is it different?” Roo said

“It just is” Frank said

“Then maybe I just have to ask you to choose and just take my chance because we cant live like this Frank….I love you, I gave up my life and moved here for you to have your dreams” Roo said as she thought about the time she gave up Donavan to make a go of things with Frank

“Gave up what? You didn’t give up anything, You couldn’t pass your HSC you were working a dead end job and being called a homewrecker,  I was your ticket out of Summer Bay’ Frank said as he felt himself getting annoyed

“Thats not fair Frank” Roo said surprised at what Frank just said

“And you think asking me to choose is fair?”  Frank said

“Frank I am not saying you shouldn’t speak to your family” Roo was interrupted

“You said you understood’ Frank said

“I do and its not just that… how can we make a life when you are still stuck on the old life you wanted to leave behind?’ Roo said

“What is that supposed to mean?” Frank said

“You know what it means Frank” Roo  said

“No, I don’t, spell it out to me” Frank said

‘’You still love Bobby” Roo said

“Oooh so that’s what this is all about, nothing to do with Pippa and the kids?” Frank said annoyed

“Well what else am I supposed to think, you ask about her all the time…I sometimes think you only want to speak to Pippa just to ask about her” Roo said as Frank shook his head…he then remembered his conversation with Bobby at the airport, he asked her to tell him not to go but she didn’t

‘Of course I ask about her, she is my foster sister first” Frank said

“That was a long time ago Frank” Roo said

“Doesn’t matter’ Roo said

“Why are you jealous? I am married to you” Frank said

“Im not jealous, especially not of Bobby Simpson" Frank said

"Just forget then" Frank said annoyed

"..look, I want to spend the rest of my life with you but I can’t if I am going to be second choice. I love you so much Frank….so I am asking you to make the choice….either you want to be with me, have a life here, with me or you don’t…so what is it going to be?” Roo said as Frank looked at her

Background music ends

Summer Bay

‘So you got your lunch?” Bobby said

“Yes” Sally said with a smile

“alright then, have a good day, ill pick you up and take you home” Bobby said as she kissed the top of Sallys head

“Ok” Sally said with a smile then she ran off to her class. Bobby watched Sally for a few moments then she turned around and walked towards her car

“Hi’ Bobby turned around, it was Grant.

“Hi’ Bobby said then she opened her car and sat down

‘I heard about what happened, how are you ?” Grant said

“Good, thanks for asking’ Bobby said as she smiled

“Well, ill probably see you at the diner for my lunch” Grant said

‘Ok” Bobby said then she drove off

Courthouse-Waldorf Creek

Steve exhaled as he opened the court door and walked out. A few moments later, Reverend Jones joined him

“Ok, I have all the paper work, lets go’ Reverend Jones said

“I thought it was going to be much worse” Steve said

“Well, it was first offences, 10 hours community service then the charges get removed from your record” Reverend Jones said

“I cant believe how stupid I was” Steve said as they got into Reverend Jones car

“We are all allowed to make mistakes, its how we move on from them, that is the real test’ Reverend Jones said with a smile as he started the engine

“ Reverend Jones, I cant wait, can I please call Pippa and tell her, I know she is worried” Steve said

“Alright’ Reverend Jones said as Steve smiled and got out of the car and ran to the phone box as Reverend Jones smiled then his smiled disappeared. He nearly blew it with Pippa yesterday..her pulling away meant she was only interested in him as a friend…or maybe it was just too soon.. Reverend Jones sighed

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Geoff pulled the ring out of his pocket, opened the box and smiled, it was perfect. He closed the box, put it in his pocket and got out of his car

“Gday Geoff, hows tricks?” Martin said as he took off his tie after finishing a night shift

“Yeah good…really good” Geoff said as Martin laughed

“Hey Martin, can you keep a secret?” Geoff said

“Depends on what it is mate” Martin said with a laugh then Geoff put his hand in his pocket and pulled out the ring box then opened it

“Geez, you shouldn’t have..I don’t know what to say Geoff, can I think about it?” Martin said as he looked at the ring and Geoff laughed

“Its for Bobby…I am going to ask her to marry me” Geoff said

“Good luck to you mate, nothing like true love’ Martin said as his heart sank

“Thanks, please don’t say anything” Geoff said

“of course not, your secret is safe with me’ Martin said then he put his finger on his nose and laughed then walked away

Church Hall-Summer Bay

‘I am sorry I am late’ Celia said as she opened the door to the ladies guild meeting

“The scones were taking a long time to rise” Celia said as she put the scones on the table and pulled up a chair and sat down

“Did you start the meeting already?” Celia said looking aroung at the 6 other ladies seated

“Celia I am not sure if it appropriate for you to be here” Joan the chairwoman said

“Why not?” Celia said confised

“Celia, I am sorry but I am going to have to ask you to leave…we simply cannot have someone in the guild with your recent troubles” Joan said

‘Troubles?” Celia said confused

“Yes, we were made aware of your recent troubles and arrest in Waldorf Creek’ Joan said

“Oh no, that was simply a misunderstanding” Celia said with a laugh

“I cannot understand what misunderstanding can result in you being arrested” Joan said

“I promise, I was just trying to help out a close friend, it was all a misunderstanding, I assure you’ Celia said

“Well we were told  otherwise…I am gong to have to ask you to leave’ Joan said

“This is outrageous gossip, I have an impeccable reputation here in the district, Betty tell them” Celia said as Betty looked away and Celias heart sank then she picked up her plate of scones and walked out

Caravan Park Summer bay

Pippa looked at the letter addressed to Bobby then put it on the table, sat down then opened the drawer, took out the address book, searched for Franks number, picked up the phone receiver and began to dial

Manhattan-New York

Roo looked at some notes in her file. Since her conversation with Frank earlier, they had not said a word to each other. Frank was lying down on the bed with his eyes closed, thinking about what Roo said..thinking about the ultimatum he gave her…thinking about how right she was that he still did love Bobby and as much as he tried to forget her or bury his feelings, they would always come to the surface anytime he called Australia. Frank sighed, he felt guilty being here while Pippa was struggling, he felt guilty being here knowing he wanted to be with another woman, he felt guilty being here knowing that he was playing with Roos feelings, she deserved some happiness after everything she had gone through and he was not being fair…he did ask her to move to America to be with him….he didn’t know what to do

“Phone ringing”

Frank opened his eyes when he heard the phone ringing. Roo put her papers down and reached out for the phone

“Hello?” Roo said abruptly

“Hello Roo, its Pippa how are you?” Pippa said

“Fine Pippa how are you” Roo said then Frank sat up

“Good thanks, can I speak to Frank?” Pippa said

“Sure, hold on” Roo said then she put her hand over the mouth of the phone

“Its for you…Im going for a walk” Roo said the she put the receiver on the couch, got up, put her shoes and jacket on then walked out of the apartment. Frank sighed then got out of bed, walked over to the couch. Sat down then picked up the receiver

“Pippa, how are you?” Frank said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Fine Frank…did I call at a bad time?” Pippa said

“No no, how is everything there?” Frank said

“Good, I just wanted to let you know that Steven got 10 hours of community service, he called when they left the court. Once he has completed it, the charged get removed from his record. They are on their way home” Pippa said

“Well, I was hoping he wouldn’t get anything but this will teach him a lesson and the charges will get removed so it doesn’t affect his future” Frank said

“I think he is really sorry for everything, he was hoping that you wouldn’t find out” Pippa said

“I bet he wasn’t” Frank said

Background music Fletcher family theme

“Frank…I love you and I thank you for caring but your life is there now” Pippa said

“Pippa, that’s not fair” Frank said

“It is sweetheart, you left Summer bay for a reason, we will be fine, don’t worry” Pippa said

“But I do worry, with Tom gone, I don’t want you to do what you did a few months ago” Frank said

“I am in a much better place, the counseling is really helping and my friend Alex is back in my life, he is such a big help Frank, we will be fine” Pippa said as Frank sighed

“I understand that Pippa but I still cant help worrying” Frank said

“I know…I worry about you too, I wish I was there to make sure you tidy up, have clean underwear, have food…but I have to let go because …I have to trust that Roo is doing all that” Pippa said

“So what are you saying, that I cant call anymore?” Frank said

“No I am not saying that, what I am saying is that we don’t need to call you each week and give you reports of what is going on here…you have a life to live too” Pippa said as Frank sighed

“Will you still write to me, I really enjoy getting letters and pictures, they are on my desk at work” Frank said

“Of course Frank…be happy Frank, that is all I want for you” Pippa said

“Why does this feel like something is ending?” Frank said

“Nothing is ending my son, this is me giving you your wings back to fly” Pippa said as she wiped her cheek

“Ok…Pippa?” Frank said

“Yes?” Pippa said

“Tell Bobby to be happy” Frank said

“I will’ Pippa said

“I guess Ill just wait for you to write to me, I think it is your turn” Frank said

“Yes it is” Pippa said with a laugh

“Ok then…bye Mum..I love you” Frank said

“I love you too, Son..bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down and exhaled

“You did good love”

Pippa looked around, she thought she heard something then she shook her head and got up and walked towards the kitchen then she heard the door open

“Pippa”

Pippa walked out of the kitchen to see Bobby pulling out a chair and sitting down

Stewart Residence-The City

Rebecca slowly opened the door. She was supposed to be at school but had to rush home to get a folder she forgot. Rebecca knew her mum was going to be home, she only worked part time since the doctor told her to take it easy and was usually still sleeping. Rebecca walked quietly to her room, picked up the file and as she was making her way to the door, she could hear her mum on the phone

“Yes, this is Barbra Stewart, I am calling about my pregnancy test results” Barbra said on the phone

Rebecca looked confused, what was her mum talking about?

“Negative?” Barbra said dejected

“Ok, thanks” Barbra said and put the phone down as Rebecca stood behind the bedroom door shocked then her shocked face turned into a smile and she quietly snuck out of the house.

Manhattan- New York

Frank looked at the phone and sighed. Pippa pretty much made the decision for him…it was time to let go. He had to let go of Austrailia, he had to let go of what he felt for Bobby…if he wanted her, he would still be with her. He had a beautiful wife who encouraged him to follow his dreams, he had a great job and the future was going to be perfect. Frank sighed again then smiled as the door opened and Roo came into the apartment. She took off her jacket and shoes and avoided Franks gaze and was about to walk into the kitchen

“Can we talk?” Frank said then Roo walked over to the couch and sat down

Background music-Have you ever been alone theme

“Im sorry, you are right, I m not being fair…We came here to start a life..I was really worried about Pippa because of what happened and Tom not being there but I didn’t consider how you felt, not having your husband be your husband…things are going to change, my life is here with you” Frank said

“Oh Frank, you don’t know how good that feels…I really thought you were going to tell me that we are over…I love you so much” Roo said then she wiped a tear from her eye

“I have to know Frank…Do you love me..only me ?” Roo said

“Yes I do’ Frank said and he smiled

“We are going to have the best life here Frank…I know it’ Roo said then Frank smiled and they hugged

Background music ends

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“So what time are they getting home?” Bobby said

“I expect shortly” Pippa said

“Well we have to be thankful that the judge was merciful” Bobby said

“I think Steven has really learned his lesson about all this’ Pippa said

“I hope so..you know Milko is back” Bobby said

“Yes, he has been back for a while’ Pippa said

“Pippa, Brian was really hurting Sally,” Bobby said

“What do you mean" Pippa said confuswd

"The things he was saying to her' Bobby said

"I know he made the odd comment, I thought he was just joking” Pippa said

“Well it was really affecting her, the other day, he really frightened Sal and I just happened to be there and told him to lay off’ Bobby said

“This is my fault, How did I miss this” Pippa said feeling guilty

“Its not your fault Pip, he was just very careful when he did it” Bobby said

“I guess it makes sense why she wanted to be with you last night” Pippa said

“I also think she was still in shock last night. I asked her why she didn’t have the bear Frank gave her, apparently, she called him to tell him what was going on with Brian and I guess he didn’t call back and she got really upset that he didn’t love her and come and save her so she said she doesn’t love him anymore” Bobby said as Pippa sighed

“Maybe Frank didn’t get the message” Pippa said

‘That’s what I told her but it didn’t make a difference…give her some time, she will be right” Bobby said as Pippa sighed

“Speaking of Frank, I spoke to him not long ago, he wanted to know the outcome of Steves case” Pippa said

“How did he know?” Bobby said

“He phoned here when we didn’t phone him and Celia told him” Pippa said

“Why can she never keep her mouth shut?” Bobby said

‘I don’t think she meant any harm” Pippa said

“She never does” Bobby said as she shook her head and looked down

“Anyway, Frank wanted me to give you a message” Pippa said and Bobby looked up at her

“What?” Bobby said as the baby started moving around

“He wanted me to tell you to be happy” Pippa said as Bobby smiled

“Oh, before I forget, I have a letter here for you” Pippa said as she got up, walked over to the desk, picked up the letter then walked back and handed it to Bobby”

“Its been ages since I got any letters for me here, I wonder what it could be about.” Bobby said as she opened the envelope, took out the letter and began to read it then her expression changed

‘What is it?” Pippa said

“My grandma…well, Doris’ mum passed away” Bobby said

“Sorry to hear that” Pippa said

“That’s not just it’ Bobby said

“What is it?” Pippa said

“This letter is from a solicitor  who has been trying to track me down and found I was living in Summer Bay after seeing my name in the paper for the awards next month. He said Doris Mum left me something in her will” Bobby said

“When are you going to find out?” Pippa said

“Well according to the letter, he will be over this way next month and I am to call and let him know where to meet me" Bobby said

“Wow…lucky for you” Pippa said with a smile

"After the way they treated me...leaving me here and moving away, I didnt expect anything from them" Bobby said

"Maybe she is trying to make amends" Pippa said

“yeah..knowing my luck its an old pair of earrings that are not worth anything’ Bobby said with a smile

“You never know..what some tea?” Pippa said

“Yes please..and some toast” Bobby said with a smile then she re-read the letter again curious as to what was left for her…

ChApter 144

One month later….

Bellingham Residence-The City

Morag wrote her signature on the final document she was working on then she put the pen down and took off her glasses. The house was really quiet. She looked around and in the corner, her dog, banjo was eating some food in his dog bowl. Morag got up from her seat and walked towards the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out some crackers and cheese. She opened a draw and pulled out a plate and began to put some crackers on the plate then she opened a draw, took out  knife and began to cut some cheese. Morag then opened the fridge again and pulled out a bottle of wine, she poured some into a glass on the table then put the wine back in the fridge. Morag than picked up her plate of cheese and crackers and her glass or wine and walked back over to the desk . Morag sat down then sipped some of her wine and under the papers on her desk,. She pulled out a newspaper. Morag flipped the pages then she noticed a photo of Alf, her brother. Morag put some cheese on a cracker, put it in her mouth and began to the read the article about Alf being nominated again for business man of the year. Morag shook her head then she read the rest of the names in the categories then she saw one…Roberta Simpson..Co-Owner of the Bayside Diner, Summer Bay. Morag stopped chewing and picked up the newspaper. As she continued to read, she saw Roberta Simpson nominated in another category

“Banjo I think its time for another trip to Summer Bay” Morag said then she put the newspaper down and picked up the phone and began to dial

‘Yes, this is Mrs Bellingham, I would like to book a room please…arriving? Ill be arriving on Friday afternoon…thank you” Morag said then she put the phone down and picked up the newspaper again and looked at Bobbys name. “As long as I breathe, I will destroy everything that brings you happiness’ Morag said then she threw the paper down on the table and exhaled

Manhattan-New York

“Congratulations” Mr Grayson said then he put his hand out to shake Franks hand. Frank smiled and shook his hands

“Thanks  Mr Grayson” Frank said

“You’re welcome but I think with your promotion, you can now call me Ted” Mr Grayson said and Frank smiled

“You are an excellent adition to the management team Frank, sorry its taken this long” Mr Grayson said

“Better late than never” Frank said

“Tonight we celebrate, drinks on me?” Mr Grayson said

‘Thanks but I have plans with my wife this evening” Frank said…he lied

“Oh right, some other time then?” Mr Grayson said

‘Of course” Frank said

“Come on, lets go and make the announcement” Mr Grayson said as he got up from his desk and walked towards the door

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“Are you sure that piece goes there?” Bobby said as she watched Geoff attempt to put the cot together

“Yes it does, I was just putting it upside down” Geoff said as Bobby laughed and shook her head

“Hello” Bobby turned around to see Donald standing at the door

“Hi, didn’t see you there” Bobby said

“I didn’t want to interrupt” Donald said

“Youre not interrupting, Geoff was just putting the finishes touches to the cot” Bobby said

“Yes, it looks really nice..not long now’ Donald said with a smile. He was happy that Bobby finally accepted Geoff as a partner and someone to help raise the baby

“All done” Geoff said

“Well this calls for a celebration, how about I go and get some Chinese food?” Donald said

“You don’t have to dad, I can make something’ Bobby said

‘No, don’t be silly, you have been cooking all day…I wont be long” Donald said then he smiled and walked towards the front door. Bobby got up from her bed and stood next to the cot. She ran her fingers around the edge and looked in and smiled

“Thank you’ Bobby said

‘For what?” Geoff said

“For putting together the cot” Bobby said

“You don’t have to say thank you, Tom is my baby too” Geoff said then walked over to the bed, picked up a pillow with the initial T and put it inside and looked at Bobby and smiled

‘Perfect’ Geoff said then Geoff kissed Bobby’s cheek and hugged her as Bobby sighed and looked unsure

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“After dinner I am just going to pop over to see Bobby and fix the hem of her dress” Pippa said

“Is she still getting ready here?” Carly said

“Yes, I think so…well I hope so, yesterday she said she didn’t want to go” Pippa said

“Why?” Carly said

“I don’t know…Is Ben coming to the awards this weekend?” Pippa said as she opened the over to check on the pie as Carly cut up some vegatables

“He says he wants to but might be tied up with some training. I hope he comes” Carly said

Pippa closed the oven and smiled 

“I really like him Pippa, this feels like a really grown up relationship..i just hope I don’t do anything to mess it up” Carly said

‘You will be fine” Pippa said

“Im really sure about him…if he asked me to marry him tomorrow, I would say yes’ Carly said

‘Carly…” Pippa said

“I know what you are going to say Pippa, I know its soon but I have a really good feeling about Ben” Carly said as she smiled and put a carrot in her mouth

Manhattan-New York

‘Thanks” Frank said as one of his co-workers congratulated him on the promotion. Frank smiled then he picked up the phone and dialed

“Hi Mrs Morgan’ Frank said as Roo picked up the phone

‘Hello..I wasn’t expecting to hear from you” Roo said

“So do I need an appointment to speak to my wife’ Frank said

“No not at all…how is your day going?” Roo said

“Youll never guess what just happened” Frank sid

“What?” Roo said

“I got promoted to account manager” Frank said

“Frank that is wonderful news..congratulations” Roo said

“Mr Grayson wanted to take me out to celebrate but I said I have a date with my wife” Frank said

“I think we can have our own little party” Roo said

“Is that right? Ill bring home a bottle of champagne then” Frank said with a smile

“Ill bring home the dessert” Roo said

“I cant wait…” Frank said

“I got to go…ill see you at home..I love you and congratulations” Roo said

“I love you too, see you later” Frank said then he put the receiver down and smiled, still excited, he picked up the phone again, started dialing then he stopped and put the phone down. He wanted to call Pippa, tell her about his news but he promised that he would give her some space and he promised Roo he would give her more attention. Frank opened the draw of his desk and pulled out the last Fletcher family photo, he looked at Tom, Pippa, Sally, Carly, Steve, Lynn ….and Bobby. Frank smiled, as much as he missed them, life was going well , he and Roo returned from their honemoon to London, and the promotion was the icing of the cake. Life was good, he and Roo had a plan, they were going to have a family soon. Frank thought about how great it would be to have his own children with Roo and have Pippa and the kids come and visit then in ther new home. Frank smiled to himself then he put the photo back in the draw and continued working.

Manhattan-New York

Roo put the phone down and smiled. She was really happy for Frank…a month ago she gave him an ultimatum, she knew he would always choose her but she wanted him to be sure…she knew he love her but she wanted him to be sure Roo smiled again then she looked at her desk…things were going so well with her. Bringing in the Macys account a few months back definitely helped and with her recent promotion and pay rise, Roo couldn’t believe that this was really her…Ruth from Sumer Bay with no HSC making it on her own in New York, her goal was to one day manage this office then open her own PR agency. Ruth smiled to herself as she thought about how life would be for her, living in a mansion, buying all the expensive bags and shoes she wanted, sitting by a pool sipping champagne…

“Ruth”

Roo looked up when her thoughts were interrupted and noticed that Helen, her boss was calling her over. Roo got up from her desk and walked over to Helens office, closed the door then Helen gestured for her to sit down

“Ruth, I know its last minute but I put together a mixer for Bloomingdales and I need you to accompany me” Helen said..Roo didn’t respond

“If you have other plans, its fine, I know its short notice” Helen said

“No…nothing that cant wait, where is the mixer?” Roo said and smiled as Helen gave her the details….

Chapter 145

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Come on Sal, you are going to be late for school” Pippa shouted at the bottom of the stairs then walked over to the kitchen to continue putting the sandwiches in the food bags

“I can take Sal to school, if you are busy” Steve said as he picked up his sandwiches and walked back towards the table and sat down

“Thank you” Pippa said with a smile as Sally walked into the kitchen

“Here you go…Steve is taking you to school” Pippa said as she handed Sally her sandwiches

“Me and Milko want you to take us to school” Sally said then she put her head on Pippas side

“Sweetheart, I cnt this morning, I will pick you up, we can go to the diner and see Bobby” Pippa said

“Can Carly take me?” Sally said

“Carly has already gone to work’ Pippa said

“Please Pippa” Sally said as Pippa looked confused

‘Ok” Pippa said

“Come on Sal, lets go” Steve said

“Change of plan, Ill take Sally to school, I can give you a lift if you want” Pippa said

“No, Im fine’ Steve said as he looked at Sally. Since the kidnapping, he knows tht Sally blames him, she has been distant and hardly talks to or goes near him. Steve sighed

“Don’t forget to pick up your suit for tomorrow” Pippa said

“Right..see you later” Steve said then he left the house

Manhattan-New York

“No, its fine’ Frank said as he sighed

“I am really sorry, Helen just sprang this on me last minute…hey why don’t you come?” Roo said

“No, I wont be in the mood and I don’t want to spoil things for you…don’t worry, we can celebrate another time” Frank said

“Are you sure?” Roo said

“Yeah, have a good time” Frank said trying not to sound disappointed

“Thanks, I love you” Roo said

“Yeah, me too’ Frank said then he put the phone down and sighed

“Hey congratulations on your promotion” Frank looked up to see Kate standing by his desk

‘Thanks” Frank said with a smile

“My boyfriend is in town, do you want to come and have a celebratory drink with us…my treat?” Kate said

“You should be spending all your time with him” Frank said

“I have but we have to celebrate your promotion” Kate said

“Another time” Frank said and smiled then began working

Stewart Store-Summer Bay

“ill be right with you” Celia said then she turned around to see Betty standing at the counter

“What can I get you?” Celia said very stern

“Celia, I just wanted to apologize again…I am very sorry for what happened at the ladies guild meeting” Betty said

“What can I get you Betty?” Celia said

‘Just some milk thanks…ill go and get it’ Betty said then she walked over to the milk aisle while Celia sighed

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Here is one of Frank and Ruthy outside Buckinham Palace” Alf said as he showed photos to Ailsa and Carly while Bobby stood in the pantry trying not to cry .

“They look like they are having a great time” Ailsa said

“Yes they are, I don’t think Ruthy can believe her luck, after everything that happened last year, O don’t think she ever expected that she would be this happy. …Here is another of them going for a boat ride on the river thames” Alf said showing another photo then Bobby exhaled and walked to the counter

“Ailsa can you add Mayonnaise to the order for this week, we are out of it’  Bobby said then she put her hand on her head

‘Are you alright?” Ailsa said

“Yeah…just got a bit of a headache that’s all” Bobby said as she poured herself some water

“What time is the solicitor meeting you?” Ailsa said

“12” Bobby said

“Are you excited?” Carly said

“Not really, its probably nothing so there is no need to get excited” Bobby said

“Take a look at these photos of Frank and Ruthy in London Alf said as Bobbys heart sank

“Another time” Bobby said then smiled and walked back to the kitchen with her water before she began to cry

“Alf” Ailsa said as Carly looked at him

“What? Shes alright about them now..look at them having dinner by the river” Alf said as Carly looked at Ailsa

St Peters Church-Newcastle

“Those daisies are looking wonderful Les’ Reverend Jones said as he looked at the church grounds

“Thank you  Reverend Jones, Ive been using a new technique, mixing the soil with some diluted vinegar, changes the PH of the soil’ Les Morgan said

“Join me for some tea” Reverend Jones said as he pointed to a small table

“Thanks” Les Morgan said the he took off his gardnening gloves and walked over to the table and sat down while Reverend Jones poured some tea

“These scones are rather fantastic, one of my dear friends made them” Reverend Jones said with a smile as he used a tong to put a scone on a plate in front of Les.

Reverend Jones looked at Les as he appeared to enjoy the scone very much

“Last time you were telling me about your wife’ Reverend Jones said then he put some milk in his tea and stirred.

Emotional background music

“Helena…. the best thing that ever happened to me, so beautiful…I loved her very much” Les said

“Are you still in contact with her?” Reverend Jones

“No…she finally got the courage to want better for herself and divorced me about five years ago. Reverend Jones I was a really bad man, not only did I let my son down, I let my wife down…I treated her very badly, I am ashamed of myself. When I met her, I promised her parents I would love her forever but I couldn’t be the man she needed me to be’ Les said then he wiped his eye

“Do you know where she is?” Reverend Jones

“No…but I do hope that she is living a better life” Les said as Reverend Jones put another scone on his plate

“Your son…do you know where he is?” Reverend Jones said

“No…when the Department contacted me, they wouldn’t tell me where he was, just that he was getting married and wanted to see me…I wasn’t ready to see him, I didn’t want him to see me like this” Les said

‘Like what?” Reverend Jones said

“I let my son down Reverend Jones, before I see him, I want to be someone he can be proud of. Its too late for me to make it up to my wife, but every day, I want to be a better man so that when I see my son, I am somebody that he would want to give a chance.” Les said as Reverend Jones smiled

“Anyway, I am probably a grandfather by now so that is extra pressure” Les said as Reverend Jones smiled

Background music ends

W Hotel Manhattan -New York

“Looks like the mixer is a success, Helen said as she stood next to Roo and looked around at the important people in the room

“Yes, it is” Roo said with a smile. She was really happy that Helen could rely on her but she was also a bit guilty that she wasn’t home, celebrating with Frank

“John’ Helen said to a tall man who was walking by

“Helen, how are you?” John said then he kissed Helen on both cheeks

“John, I would like you to meet Ruth, one of our new PR execs who is just doing a phenomenal job…John is one of our long time clients from Max Factor” Helen said the Roo put out her hand

“Nice to meet you” Roo said with her best smile

‘You have wonderful skin, if you don’t mind me saying’ John said

‘Thank you, Roo said

“Well, I hope to be working with you at some point” John said and smiled then walked away

“Its always amazing to meet these clients who work with the execs” Roo said

‘If you keep on at this rate, they might be your clients” Helen said and smiled as Roo smiled and wished that someone pinched her because all her dreams were coming true

“Do you and your husband have plans for thanksgiving?” Helen said

“Thanksgiving?” Roo said confused then Helen smiled and explained the meaning behind the national holiday

“Right, so you get to have two Christmases?” Roo said hoping she didn’t sound stupid

“Yes, something like that..if you and your husband have no plans, I would like to invite you both to my home. I tend to have a few peole over and it would be good for you to meet some of the clients who have become friends in a more informal setting” Helen said

“Thank you, we wuld love to come’ Roo said

“Are you not going to ask your husband?” Helen said

“Oh, he will be fine about it” Roo said with a smile as Helen looked at her curiously

Manhattan-New York

Background music-Frank and Bobbys theme

Frank looked at the pills next to his bed. After seeing the doctor, he recommended that Frank try some low dose sleeping pills to get an entire night sleep. Frank took them occasionally but he didn’t want to take them all the time. Frank got up from bed and walked over to the kitchen, he opened the fridge and looked at the bottle of champagne and sighed then he took out a can of beer, closed the fridge and walked over to the bed and sat down. Frank opened the beer and took a few sips then put the can down then he reached over to Roos side of the bed and picked up the envelope, he opened the envelope and took out the photos they took in London. Frank looked at each photo remembering the exact time and smiling. Roo looked happy…he looked happy…Roo had to work but soon, like they planned they would be starting their family…Frank smiled then he put the photos down, sipped his bear and thought about how much extra he could save from his pay rise for their dream family home..

Bobby closed the door and walked to the living room. She put her key on the table and sat down. She didn’t know why she felt nervous to meet the solicitor but since she got the letter last month, all she could do was think of the year when her grandparents sold their shop and moved away…they didn’t even want to take her with them or say goodbye..they just left her with the man she thought was her father..left her knowing the way he treated her…Bobby sighed and wiped the tears from her face. She remembered all the nights that she dreamed of the kind of parents she really wanted, parents who would love her and hug her. Bobby sighed then she remembered when she would dream about the dark haired man of her dreams who would take her away and love her forever. Bobby sighed and wiped her face again

“Knock at the door’

Bobby exhaled then wiped her face and got up to open the door

“Ms Simpson?” The man said

“Yes’ Bobby said

“Im Jack Tracken, we spoke on the phone” Jack said

“Oh right, come in” Bobby said as she opened the door wide and Jack came in then she closed the door and walked to the living room

“Please have a seat…can I get you anything?” Bobby said

“No thanks, I have to get on the road again” Jack said as he sat down

“Right, where are you coming from?” Bobby said

“I flew in from Adelaide this morning but  have some business to take care of in the city before I head back..but I was actually in Canberra on business when I saw your name in the newspaper” Jack said

‘Right’ Bobby said then there was an awkward pause

“Ok, I will get to the point, Mrs Edna Turnball, contacted me in Dec last year to prepare her will…at the time, she was very ill but competent enough to tell me her last requests’ Jack said

‘What about John Turnball?” Bobby said asking about the man she thought was her grandfather

“He passed away in an accident in 1988...im sorry” Jack said then Bobby sighed then Jack opened his bag and took out a large brown padded envelope and a smaller brown padded envelope

“Mrs Turnball asked me to give these to you’  Jack said as he gave Bobby the envelopes

“What is it’ Bobby said

“Mrs Turnball wrote a letter, it is inside the envelope and will explain everything” Jack said pointing to the smaller envelope

“Thanks” Bobby said as she looked at the envelopes which were rather heavy

“Well I better be going then” Jack said then he stood up

“Is that it?” Bobby said

“Everything will be explained in the letter..however there is one more thing” Jack said

“What?” Bobby said as she got up

“Mrs Turnball wanted me to tell you that she is sorry” Jack said as tear came to Bobbys eye and she wiped it and nodded.

“If you need anything, you have my number but I am sure everything in the envelopes are self explainatory…I will let myself out” Jack sad

“Ok, thank you again’ Bobby said then sat down as Jack let himself out. Bobby got up and pickeed up some scissors from the desk then she walked back to the chair and sat down and slowly cut open the smaller padded envelope. Bobby breathed in…she could smell the perfume Edna wore, it smelled like sunflowers. Bobby first pulled out an envelope which she carefully opened and pulled out the letter

3rd Dec 1989

My Dear Roberta,

By the time you read this, it would be too late for me to tell you this face to face. This is the coward’s way but I have no right to ask you for your time. I don’t think sorry is a strong enough word for me to use to explain how wrong I was for leaving you in Summer Bay. After your Mum passed, we just couldn’t be around the memories of her and that included being around you, I was being selfish and didn’t think of how you would be feeling.

I wanted to come and see you but when I finally plucked up the courage, the day I planned, Della Pappas told me that you were getting married. I wanted to very much be there to see you walking down the aisle but I didn’t want the memory of me leaving you cloud your special day. Della told me that the word around town was you looked beautiful and you did very well in your HSC and had a great Foster family take care of you and love you like I couldn’t. Please tell them I say thank you. I hope you are very happy and your husband is everything you dreamed of and more.

You must be wondering why I am writing all this now, well, I am dying. I have advanced liver cancer and have been told I have only a few more months to live. Since I received this diagnosis, all I have thought about is you and how much I wanted to see you and say sorry for what I did but I guess it was not meant to be. Inside this envelope is my will..I am not trying t make up for what I did, I just hope what I have left you in my will, will help you on your journey in life…that’s the very least I can give you. There are also a few of my possessions and some favourites you enjoyed as a child which I hope you will enjoy and pass on to your sweet children.

There is nothing that I can say that will ever excuse what I did but I hope that one day you will forgive me. I love you very much Roberta. Be happy with your husband and family and know that wherever I am , I will be watching over you

My love always

Nana

Bobby finished reading the letter and couldn’t control the tears running down her cheeks as so many bad memories came rushing back. She hated Edna and John so much for leaving her in Summer Bay. Bobby sighed then she sat back on the couch and looked at the two envelopes then she sat up again then looked inside the envelope again and pulled out the second envelope, carefully opened it and pulled out the paper

The last will and Testament of Mrs Edna Turnball

I Edna Turnball of sound mind and body residing on 23 Loft Street, Adelaide leave my entire estate to my grand daughter Ms Roberta Lily Simpson. My estate is as follows

-$50,000 in a savings account –Details of this account will be included in this will

- 2 bedroom 1 bathroom dwelling on 23 Loft Street, Birdwood, Adelaide

-50% shares of  Quickmart supermarket in Birdwood, Adelaide co-owned by myself, my husband John Turnball (deceased) and Philip Papadopoulos – all documents pertaining to this will be included in this will. Roberta is to either sell her share or receive residual income directly to a bank account for her children only . The money must be  left in the account  to use when the children are 18. In the event that Roberta does not have children, the money is to be given to any relatives or charity of Roberta’s choice.

-3 bedroom 2 bathroom dwelling on Shepard street, Shaolhaven

I declare that this is my final request and no additions or alterations are to be made

Signed

Edna Turnball

Bobby gasped, she couldn’t believe what she just read. She re-read the will again, thinking it was a joke or something but it wasn’t , it was a serious .Bobby opened the large envelope carefully and slowly pulled out what looked like a dress in wrapping. Bobby carefully unwrapped the paper and a photo fell to the floor. Bobby picked up the photo, it was of Al, Doris, John Edna and a baby. Bobby turned the photo over and  on the back it said “Roberta Lilly Simpson christening Feb 1971. Bobby looked at the photo and as she looked at the dress, it was the same christening gown she wore…she smiled. Bobby put the gown on the chair next to her and opened the smaller envelop and took out two boxes. One when she opened it was a ballerina dancing. It was a jewelry box and one Bobby recalled loving as a child. Bobby opened the other box and in it was some jewelry , two wedding bands, an engagement ring and other jewelry. Bobby sighed and sat back on the couch. Bobby put her hand in the envelope and took out two sets of keys, on had Shaolhaven written on one set. Bobby sighed, She picked up the gown and put in on her chest and cried…cried because she wished that she could experience all this with one person..the only man she wanted….she put her hand on her stomach

“Ill take you to Daddys favourite place when you get here” Bobby said as the baby moved around in her stomach. Bobby sighed then smiled as she read the will again then she walked over to the window and looked up in the sky and exhaled. Bobby smiled and nodded then wiped her face. Maybe she didnt have Frank but things were going well....Bobby gathered up the things in the envelopes picked up her keys and walked out of the door

Background music ends

Chapter 146

‘The Bistro’ The City

“Dave can you lock up tonight? I am going to leave at 4, my girlfriend is coming back home tonight and I want to go and pick her up from the airport” Matt said. Barbra had gone to see her old school friend in Brisbane since the doctor said she should have some rest and was returning home today.

“Sure no problems” Dave said then picked up some money and walked out of the office. Even though Matt couldn’t say that he was in love with Barbra, he was getting excited at the thought of meeting his baby son. Matt smiled.

Betty’s beauty salon-Yabbie Creek

“I was really hoping to see you this weekend’ Marilyn said

“Yeah I know, I have to head up to Brisbane this weekend...” Ben said

“Maybe I can come with you” Marilyn said

“I wish, I will be stuck in training meetings all weekend’ Ben said

“I feel like I don’t get to see you as much as I liked to” Marilyn said

“I know, but it wont be for long’ Ben said

“I hope so’ Marilyn said

“I got to go, Ill call you tonight” Ben said

“Ok, ill be waiting….I love you” Marilyn said

“Yeah me too..bye” Ben said then put the phone down and Marilyn smiled and put the phone down then went over to her the shampoo chair and sat down

“Everything alright?” Betty said

“Yeah, I was hoping to see my boyfriend this weekend but he has to work’ Marilyn said disappointed

“Instead of sitting at home, why dot you come to the NSW business awards with us in Summer Bay?....we are not nominated but those places are usually good to get business” Betty said

“Yeah, come with us Marilyn, it will be a laugh” Donna one of the stylists said

“Ok, I will” Marilyn said and smiled. She was unsure because she might run into Lance but she doubted he would be there. Marilyn sighed and smiled again

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Oh that is wonderful news, I am glad that you can make it” Carly said

I didn’t want to miss an opportunity to take you out” Ben said

The awards start at 7 then after we have that party thing for Bobby after” Carly said

‘Ok, ill pick you up at 6;30” Ben said

“That’s great, we are closing up the diner early so everyone can go and get dressed’ Carly said

“I cant wait to see you, I bet you are going to look amazing” Ben said

“Just for you” Carly said and smiled

“I cant wait…I have to go…ill see you tomorrow.” Ben said

“Ok, ill see you tomorrow..i love you” Carly said for the first time without realizing it

“Me too…bye” Ben said then he put the phone down as carly smiled and put the phone down

“Everything alright?” Ailsa said

“More than alright, Ben wasn’t sure if he could make it tomorrow but he is” Carly said

“You really like him don’t you?’ Ailsa said

“I really do..I just hope that things work out this time” Carly said

“im sure they will” Ailsa said with a smile

St Peters Clergyhouse-Newcastle

Bobby parked her car, picked up the envelopes in the seat next to her, opened her car door, closed it and walked towards the house. She could see Reverend Jones car so she knew he was here. Bobby knocked at the door, there was no response so she walked around the back, the door was locked so she walked towards the church when she saw a man on his hands and knees doing some gardening

“G’day” Bobby said as she got closer to the man, he turned around and stood up. As Bobby got closer to him, the man looked familiar but Bobby couldn’t figure out where she had seen him

‘Im looking for Reverend Jones, have you seen him?” Bobby said

“Yes, he just went inside the church” Les said pointing at the church

“Oh, there he is now” Les said as Reverend Jones came walking out towards them

“Roberta” Reverend Jones said as he walked towards her

“This is a lovely surprise” Reverend Jones said as Bobby hugged him

“Im sorry for just turning up, I wanted to talk to you’ Bobby said

“You have nothing to be sorry for, you are always welcome here” Reverend Jones said as Bobby hugged him tighter

“Where are my manners, let me make the introductions, Roberta, this is Les, he is one of our groundsmen, Les this is Roberta, my wonderful friend” Reverend Jones said as Les put his hand out. Bobby attempted to shake it but was struggling so Reverend Jones took the envelopes from her

“Nice to meet you,” Les said with a smile, again something familiar to Bobby

“Roberta is nominated for the NSW Business awards” Reverend Jones said proudly

“ but I don’t think I will win” Bobby said unsure

“Congratulations anyway…I better get back” Les said as he pointed at the flowers

“Thanks Les’ Reverend Jones

“Nice to meet you” Bobby said as Les saluted her and put his gloves on and bent down to attend to the flowers

“What a wonderful treat seeing you’ Reverend Jones said

“Oh Reverend Jones, I just had to come and see you” Bobby said

“Come on lets go inside and talk’ Reverend Jones said as Bobby put her head on his arm as they walked into the clergy house

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Diner jukebox

Step! And, girl, when you smile you got to know that you drive me wild
Step by step, oh, baby, you're always on my mind
Step by step, oh, girl, I really think it's just a matter of time
Step by step, oh, baby, gonna get to you, girl
Step by step, oh, baby, really want you in my world
Step! Hey, girl, can't you see I've got to have you all just for me
Step! Hey, girl, yes, it's true, no one else will ever do
Step by step, oh, baby, you're always on my mind
Step by step, oh, girl, I really think it's just a matter of time
Step by step, oh, baby, gonna get to you, girl
Step by step, oh, baby, really want you in my world
Step! Step! Step! Step by step!

“Hello Carly’ Geoff said

“Hi Geoff, how are you?” Carly said with a smile

“Good, is Bobby around?” Geoff said

“G’day Geoff” Lance said as he took some empty plates to the kitchen

“G’day Lance” Geoff said

“No, she left here at 11.45, she had a meeting with someone at the house…is she not at the resort?” Carly said

“No, Chef said she hasn’t been in today. I was just a bit worried that’s all’ Geoff said

“I am sure she is fine, can I get you something” Carly said

“No, if you hear from her, please tell her to call me” Geoff said

“Is anything wrong?” Carly said

“No, the opposite…everything is just perfect…see you tomorrow night” Geoff said and smiled then walked out of the diner

“Oh was that Geoff?” Ailsa said

“Yeah, he was looking for Bobby” Carly said

“I am happy that Bobby is giving Geoff a chance, I think things are going to be just fine” Ailsa said

‘Me too” Carly said with a smile as Lance looked at Carly and Ailsa with an unsure look on his face.

Clergy House- NewCastle

“Oh Roberta” Reverend Jones said as he reached for Bobbys hand as she cried

Background music Frank and Bobbys theme

Reverend Jones I hated them so much for leaving me. They knew Al treated me but they didn’t care, When I ran way to their house John would always take me back there..now she thinks giving me all this is going to make me forget” Bobby said as she cried

“I know this is hard for you Roberta…do you mind if I say something? Reverend Jones said as Bobby shook her head no

“From reading the letter, I don’t think Edna is asking you to forget what she did, these are the words of a lady who knows her time on this earth is coming to the end and is hoping to start the healing path with you” Reverend Jones

“Shes trying to buy back my love” Bobby said

“I understand that is what it looks like but not knowing her and reading this letter, I think she knows that what she is leaving you will not make up for the terrible times you had in your lfe” Reverend Jones

“If only they took me with them, life would be so different, I wouldn’t have been dumped on so much in Summer Bay, nobody wanted me Reverend Jones, nobody wanted to be around me, I was the scum of the earth” Bobby said as she cried then Reverend Jones handed her a handkerchief to wipe her face

“I am sorry you went through those hard times but sometimes we have to go through the hard times to find the good times and people we love’ Reverend Jones said and Bobby nodded

“I guess I never wouldn’t met the Fletchers and I never would’ve met you” Bobby said as Reverend Jones smiled

“Shes asking me to forgive her, how can I do that? How can I forgive her for hurting me like that?” Bobby said

“Roberta, forgiveness is less about the person we are forgiving and more about us forgiving ourselves” Reverend Jones

“What do you mean?” Bobby said

“When we don’t forgive, we let that hate continue to consume us while the person asking for forgiveness can continue on with their life. I know Edna hurt you but she has gone now, you have a great life and a new life coming to look forward to. The past is very hard to forgive when we have been hurt “Reverend Jones said

“I know but I don’t think I will ever forget what she did’ Bobby said

“Yes, that is going to be hard but the first step you have to do today is know that its ok for you to feel this way, this is the first step to healing” Reverend Jones

“The way I feel, I would feel guilty touching anything she left me…what should I do?” Bobby saod

“Well, often times, the best way to start the healing process is by talking…when you feel the time is right… I want you to write a letter to Edna, all the things you wish you couldve said to her, be honest with yourself” Reverend Jones

“Then what do I do with the letter?” Bobby said

“That is up to you” Reverend Jones said

“I don’t know if I can..that would mean writing about al the terrible things that happened in my life” Bobby sad then she began to cry again

“If you were having a conversation with Edna, would you bring them up? Reverend Jones said

“Yes I would” Bobby said

“Roberta,I have seen many people allow hurt to destroy their lives and I dont wish that for you. Edna has left you some wonderful things, they will not make up for the past but with the baby coming, they will help you with your future. I know it hurts right now, the past always hurts when we don’t end the chapters very well, this is an opportunity to close that chapter, be at peace with yourself..we don’t allow good things into our lives if we are still holding onto the hurt from the past” Reverend Jones said

Bobby sighed, he was right…she never realized how much she still hated John and Edna even though it had been a long time. Bobby exhaled and smiled

“Thank you” Bobby said then she touched the christening gown

‘When Tom is born, will you christen him please?” Bobby said

“It will be my pleasure” Reverend Jones said with a smie

“Thank you” Bobby said then she wiped her face and looked at the christening gown and smiled

Background music ends

‘The Bistro’ The City

“Dave im just heading off…ill see you tomorrow” Matt said as he put his jacked on

“Righto mate” Dave said

“Phone ringing”

Matt signed one more piece of paper and he headed to the door

“Matt, phone” Dave said then Matt walked back to the bar counter and picked up the receiver

“Hello Matt speaking” Matt said”

“Hello love its me’ Barbra said

“I was just heading out the door,…I wanted to make us some dinner.. what time is your flight getting in/’ Matt said

“Matt something terrible has happened” Barbara said in between crying

“What?” Matt said confused

“This morning, I started feeling faint then I started bleeding..Rose took me to the hospital…it was too late..Im sorry, I lost the baby” Barba said as she cried and Matt looked at the phone shocked

“But how? you going to Brisbane was to take it easy” Matt said confused

“I was. The doctors don’t know what happened..but we can try again, I promise we can try again’ Barbra said

“I better come up to Brisbane then, ill see if I can get a flight “ Matt said

“No, I just need some time by myself’ Barba said

“What about the funeral?” Matt said

“Matt I cant think about that right now” B arbra said and cried

“Yes, I am sorry..how are you?” Matt said

“I feel like such a failure..I really wanted this baby, im really sorry” Barbra said

“Its not your fault..just relax, give me a call tonight” Matt said

‘I will, do you love me?” Barbra said as Matt sighed

“Yes..now go and get some rest” Matt said

“Ok, Ill call you later…bye” Barbra said

“Bye” Matt said then he put the phone down and sighed

“Everything alright?” Dave said

“Ill see you tomorrow” Matt said then he walked out of the door

Brisbane-Australia

Barbra put the phone down and wiped her face and exhaled…her plan worked

“Barb are you ready to go? I only have the tennis courts booked for an hour” Rose said

“Coming, just changing’ Brbra said as she stood up, wiped her face and exhaled

“Im ready” Barbra said when she opened the door

“Finally..are you ready to lose?” Rose said

“In your dreams” Barbra said and smiled as she exhaled again and followed her friend out of the house…

Chapter 147

Manhattan- New York

Flashback

Roo- ‘This is our first night as husband and wife…dreams really do come true.."

Frank ‘Yeah, they do”

Roo- ‘Im going to be the perfect wife..i promise you, I will be everything you need’

Frank “I know you will’

Roo “Well say it like you mean it”

Frank “Im sorry, I know you will be the perfect wife’

Flashback ends

Roo slowly closed the door, Frank looked at the clock, 3am.

Background music-Have you ever been alone theme

Roo didn’t expect to stay out this late but after the mixer, she went to a bar with Helen and two clients and didn’t want to let Helen down by leaving. Roo locked the door and slowly took of her jacket and shoes then she went into the bathroom to wash her face and changed into her nightshirt. When Roo was changed, she slowly walked over to the bed and got in hoping not to make a disturbance

“Do you think this is the time a married woman should be coming home?” Frank said as Roo jumped

“I didn’t mean to wake you, I thought you would be sleeping” Roo said feeling guilty

“Yeah, im sure you did’ Frank said annoyed

‘I lost track of time. After the mixer, I went to a bar with Helen and two clients” Roo said

‘How about coming home instead?” Frank said

“Im sorry, I honestly didn’t mean to stay out this late” Roo said and Frank didn’t respond. Roo pushed up to Frank and hugged him from behind then she kissed the back of his neck and stoked his thigh. Frank didn’t respond

“Frank?’ Roo said, Frank didn’t respond then Roo sighed and turned her back and tried to get to sleep

Clergy House- NewCastle

Bobby “Frank you are going to get paint on me when you are supposed to be painting the nursery”

Frank “Well kiss me and I wont”

Bobby “How did I get so lucky?”

Frank “You? How did I get lucky”

Bobby “I love you so much Frank’

Frank “I love you too…there was no way I could stay in New York knowing you were going to have my baby

Bobby  ‘What did Roo say when you told her?”

Franks “She knew I still loved you so it wasn’t a surprise to her”

Bobby “I m just glad you are here”

Frank ‘its just you me and the baby from now on”

Bobby “Just us…forever”

Frank ‘Just us, forever”

Bobby opened her eyes, wiped her wet cheeks and yawned then she looked around, the dream she just had felt so real, she was lying on a couch with  blanket wrapped around her. Bobby yawned again and looked at the clock on the wall, 5pm. She could hear Reverend Jones  on the phone.. A few moments later, Reverend Jones ended his call then slowly walked into the living room

“I hope I didn’t wake you up’ Reverend Jones said

‘No, not at all,” Bobby said

‘You looked so peaceful sleeping” Reverend Jones  said and smiled

‘That happens a lot lately, I was never much of day sleeper but I think the baby wants me to sleep” Bobby said with a smile as she folded the blanket

“So how are you feeling now?” Reverend Jones said

“I really don’t know Reverend Jones, I just wish for once, everything that hurt me stayed away” Bobby said and sighed

“Sometimes the past come around for us to close the chapter, good or bad” Reverend Jones said

“Yeah…I guess it came around for me and Frank but instead of ending the chapter, we’re going to have a baby” Bobby said trying to laugh

“Babies are a wonderful blessingReverend Jones said

“I have some money in the bank but the things in the will world give me more options for me and Tom, maybe we can move away…my friend Narelle said Tom might end up looking like Frank so maybe moving way is something I need to do” Bobby sid

“Do you think Geoff will want to move away?” Reverend Jones

Bobby didnt answer

“So tomorrow…are you excited?” Reverend Jones said

“I don’t even know why I am going, im not going to win” Bobby said

“Well think of it as a nice night out, you work really hard” Reverend Jones said with a smile

‘I hope you are still coming” Bobby said

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss it and the party after” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Yeah…” Bobby said

“Having second thoughts?” Reverend Jones said

“Geoff is good for us..anyway, I need to get back on the road” Bobby said then she got up

“Do you want me to come back with you tonight?” Reverend Jones said

“No, I will be fine…ill just see you when you come tomorrow” Bobby said then she hugged Reverend Jones

“Alright…drive safely and I will see you tomorrow” Reverend Jones said

“Ok, thank you….” Bobby said as she let go of Reverend Jones and smiled

Background music ends

Flashback

Carly “Well I want to find a love that will never end”

Matt “Really? Carly “Yes”

Matt “So where are you going to find this love?”

Carly “Hmm I don’t know”

Flashback ends

Matt sighed then opened the bottle of beer, throw the cap at the table then sat down on the chair. He never expected that Barbra would lose the baby and he didn’t know how to feel, he didn’t know if he wanted to cry or be relieved, he just didn’t know how to feel but he knew what he wanted right now. Matt reached out to the phone on the side and picked up the receiver then began to dial

Baysided Diner-Summer Bay

“Hi Martin, what can I get you? Carly said

“Hmm let me see” Martin said as he looked at the menu

“Phone ringing’

“Hello Bayside diner” Carly said

“Hello’ Carly said again then she put the phone down

“A heavy breather?’ Martin said

“I don’t know, what can I get you” Carly said

“A coffee to start with…so you got your frock for tomorrow?” Martin said

“Yes, I cant wait, Ben can make it” Carly sid as she put a cup of coffee in front of Martin

“Things are looking up for us…You and Ben, me and Megan, Bobby and Geoff getting marr” Martin stopped himself

“What did you just say?” Crly said

“Nothing” Martin said then he drank his coffee

“Good coffee” Martin said

“Martin, what did you just say?” Carly said

“Look, ive been sworn to secrecy’ Martin said

‘Come on, I wont tell anybody’ Carly said

“Dead set? Martin said

‘Yeah yeah yeah’ Carly said

“Geoff is going to pop the question tomorrow night’  Martin said as Carly looked shocked

Matt sighed then he put the receiver down. He really wanted to talk to Carly but he couldn’t. Matt sipped his bear then he heard the door open

“Hey, is Mum back?” Rebecca said

“No, shes still in Brisbane’ Matt said as he sipped his beer

“Youre home early from work” Rebecca said as she looked at Matt

“Is there something wrong?” Rebecca said

‘Your mum lost the baby today” Matt said

Rebecca wanted to laugh, she knew the truth, her Mum was never pregnant to begin with

‘Im sorry…is that why she is still in Brisbane?” Rebecca said then she sat next to Matt on the couch

“Yeah’ Matt said

“She must be feeling awful, ill give her a ring, I am really sorry for you both, I know you both wanted this baby’ Rebecca said then she began to rub Matts back then she leaned forward and kissed Matts neck then she started kissing under his chin then Matt shrugged her off then shook his head and got up and walked towards the door.

Manhattan-New York

Frank looked at Roo as she slept, maybe he overreacted when she came home late. He understood that she had to have her own life but they were supposed to be here together, doing things together, planning for a life together. Frank rolled onto his back and sighed. Everytime they took one step forward, Frank felt like they were taking five steps back.

‘Phone ringing”

Frank jumped out of bed to grab the phone before Roo woke up

“Hello’ Frank said excited

“Frank its Matt, I hope I didn’t wake you up” Matt said

“G’day, no you didn’t” Frank said a but disappointed

“Good, I really need to talk to you” Matt said

‘Whats up” Frank said talking quietly

“Barbra lost the baby” Matt said

“Oh mate, sorry to hear that, what happened?” Frank said

“I don’t know, the Doc said she needed to take it easy so she went up to Brisbane to see her mate, she was supposed to come back today but she phoned and said she lost the baby this morning’ Matt said

“How are you feeling?” Frank said

“I know this is wrong..I was looking forward to meeting my son but I feel relieved” Matt said

“I understand…so what happens now?” Frank said

“I don’t know, I guess I should move out” Matt said

“Maybe you should wait..I mean shes going to be feeling really bad, if you move out you will break her heart, she just lost her baby” Frank said feeling guilty

“Yeah, I suppose” Matt said

‘So are things really over with her? Frank said

“You know everything, I really tried to love her because of the baby but I just couldn’t..I really did try but I just couldn’t’ Matt said

“Whatever you do from now on, just tke things easy, she does have feelings too” Frank said

“Yeah, youre right…I told you that Carly came into the diner with her new boyfriend” Matt said

‘Yeah, you did’ Frank said with a laugh

“Frank…its not funny” Matt sid

“I know, Im sorry’ Frank said

How are you, how is Roo?” Matt said

‘Good’ Frank said

“Anyway, the pips are going to go” Mtt said

“Alright mate, call soon yeah and take it easy…say Hi to Narelle” Frnk said

“Yeah, say Hi to Ruth’ Matt said and before Frank could respond, the phone call had disconnected. Frank put the receiver down then he got up and before he walked towards the bathroom, he turned round and looked at Roo..for  second he wished that it was Bobby lying on the bed. Frank sighed…he had promised himself that he was going to bury his feelings for Bobby and concentrate on his life here with Roo but every time he got a call from Australia, those feelings came back to the surface.. Frank sighed, turned around and walked away…

Chapter 148

Betty’s beauty salon-Yabbie Creek

“Do you have your dress ready for tomorrow Marilyn” Jenny, one of the stylists said

“Marilyn?” Jenny said

“Huh? Sorry did you say something” Marilyn said

“Your dress for tomorrow, is It ready?” Jenny said

“Oh, sorry, yes” Marilyn said

“Are you alight, you look a bit pale” Jenny said

“I’m fine but I have been feeling strange today…I hope I am not coming down with something” Marilyn said

“Well if you do, you have the handsome boyfriend to make you feel better” Jenny said as Marilyn smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Is Sally upset with me” Bobby said

“A little” Pippa said as she read the letter

“I better go up and apologize…I just wanted to talk things over with Reverend Jones” Bobby said

‘Your Grandmother does sound like she is sorry” Pippa said

“I don’t know Pippa, she has left me more than I ever could’ve imagined but how can I touch any of it knowing how I feel’ Bobby said

“What did Alex say?” Pippa said

He told me that when the time is right, I should write her a letter, tell her everything I am feeling then it’s up to me what I do with that letter” Bobby said

“That sounds like a really good idea’ Pippa said as she picked up the christening gown. “This is beautiful, Thomas is going to look lovely in this Pippa said then she looked over at Bobby who had her hand on her head

“Are you ok…you look really tired” Pippa said

“Yeah, I think driving for six hours wore me out” Bobby said

“Are you still getting headaches?” Pippa said

“Yeah..the Doc said it might just be my hormones…I better go up and see Sal” Bobby said

“No, you go home, get some rest..it’s a big day tomorrow” Pippa said

“Yeah, I am a bit hungry too” Bobby said as she got up

“Do you want me to make you something?” Pippa said

“No, I’ll make something when I get home” Bobby said

“What time should we expect you?” Pippa said

Geoff is picking me up at 6; 30 so I’ll be here around 5” Bobby said

“Alright…Bobby let me drive you home, you don’t look good right now” Pippa said

“Stop fussing Grandma, I’m fine just tired…it’s only a 4 minute drive” Bobby said

“Ok, phone when you get home” Pippa said

“Ok’ Bobby said then she hugged Pippa, picked up her envelopes and left the house. Pippa sat down feeling concerned about Bobby then Carly came down the stairs

“Was that Bobby?” Carly said

“Yes, she just left” Pippa said

“Well, what happened?” Carly said

‘I’ll let Bobby tell you” Pippa said

‘What time is she coming tomorrow?” Carly said

‘Geoff is picking her up at 6:30pm so she will be here at 5:30pm” Pippa said

‘Oh Pippa, I can’t keep this to myself… I am going to tell you something but you got to promise you can’t say anything” Carly said as she sat down

Manhattan-New York

Roo opened her eyes and looked at the clock then jumped up. When she got out of bed, she saw Frank sitting on the couch eating cereal

“Why didn’t you wake me?” Roo said rushing to the bathroom then when she didn’t hear Frank respond, she popped her head out of the bathroom and looked at Frank

“Frank? Why didn’t you wake me?” Roo said

“So now, you need me for something?” Frank said

“Look, I said I was sorry for coming home late but you did this on purpose” Roo said annoyed

“Did what on purpose? Frank said

“Not wake me up so I would be late for work” Roo said

“Should’ve set your alarm clock” Frank said

“You can be real childish at times” Roo said then she slammed the bathroom door

Bobby bit into the sandwich and chewed as she thought about what happened today

“I didn’t hear you come in” Donald said as he stood by the door

“Yeah not long ago’ Bobby said

“Geoff called, he must’ve missed you at the diner” Donald said, Bobby didn’t respond, she drank some juice

‘So what happened with the lawyer?” Donald said

‘It’s too long to get into now Dad, ill tell you about it tomorrow…I am a bit tired” Bobby said then she got up, walked over to the sink, put the plate and glass in

“Are you alright?” Donald said

“Yeah, I just want to get some sleep….goodnight’ Bobby said then she walked to her room and closed the door.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

‘Martin told you?” Pippa said surprised

“Yes, he said Geoff showed him the ring and everything” Carly said

“And Bobby doesn’t know?” Pippa said

“No’ Carly said

“Did Martin say when the Geoff would be proposing?’ Pippa said

“No but I am really happy for Bobby, everything seems to be falling into place for her and me with Ben…finally our luck is changing. Everything feels so perfect Pippa, I know it” Carly said with a smile as Pippa smiled

Manhattan-New York

“Great’ Roo said as her hair dryer wouldn’t turn on. She dried her hair as much as she could with the towel then brushed it back and tied it with a hair band. Roo opened the bathroom door and opened her closet door and picked out the first things that she could grab because she was running late. Frank put his files in bag as Roo rushed around to get ready

“Have you seen my shoes?” Roo said looking around. Frank didn’t respond

“Frank? how long are you going to keep this up? Roo said

“When you decide it’s not appropriate for a married woman to not come in at 3am” Frank said then he picked up his briefcase and walked out of the apartment. Roo sighed then she walked over to the nightstand and picked up her watch and just as she was about to walk away, she picked up the Tiffany bracelet..the bracelet that Donavan gave to her and looked at it. Roo sighed then she held the bracelet up to her cheek and exhaled as she thought about the time she spent with Donavan then she put the bracelet on, smiled and continue to get ready for work

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“You’re going to brush all the colour off your suit if you’re not careful” Ailsa said as she watched Alf brush his suit jacket. Alf laughed

“Nervous?” Ailsa said

“Nervous? Alf said confused

“Yes, about the awards tomorrow night” Ailsa said

“No, I’ve won every year for the last six years, this year is going to be seven, I am not worried” Alf said

‘You still concerned about Celia?” Ailsa said

‘Dad called today asking about Michael..she mustive told him” Alf said

“Did your Dad mention what Celia said?” Ailsa said

“No, justthat she mentioned there might be some good news soon” Alf said

“Maybe there will be good news soon. I know youre concerned love but Celia is an adult , this is her life love’ Ailsa said

“I know I know” Alf said

“Try not to worry, tomorrow is a big day for you’ Ailsa said

“I should go and make some space in the garage for my seventh trophy” Alf said as Ailsa shook her head and smiled

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Hello can I help you?” The receptionist said

“I would like to check in please” Morag said

“Yes of course, may I have you name please” 

“Mrs Morag Bellingham” Morag said

“Oh yes Mrs Bellinham,  your suite is on the 5th floor. Are you joining us for business or pleasure?” The receptionist said as she gave Morag the room key

“Some unfinished business’ Moragb said and smiled

“ill have the concierge take your bags up to your room’ The receptionist staid

“No need, I can manage” Morag saod

“Enjoy your stay” The receptionist staid

“Im sure I will” Morag said then she made her way to the lift and smiled

Chapter 149

Manhattan-New York

Flashback

Frank-“Im glad we came on this honeymoon, we needed to get away”

Roo-“I know…for a second I thought we were going to break up”

Frank-“Why did  you think that?”

Roo –“I don’t know..I just thought you were still in love with Bobby”

Frank-“Would I be here if I was?”

Roo- “I know but I just needed to hear you say it’

Frank-“Lets stop talking about her, lets talk about us and when we are going to have our fmily”

Roo-“After we have worked and saved like we planned

Frank-“Why not sooner?”

Roo- “Frank, you know I want to make a name for myself at Edison”

Frank-“You already have’

Roo-“Frank,im not ready yet”

Frank-“Im not trying to rush you, I just want us to have  a family’

Roo-“ I know and we will like we planned

Frank-“Ok, I cant wait..I love you”

Roo-“ I love you too”

End of flashback

Frank sat down at his desk and sighed. He opened the lid of his coffee and sipped some. He was still a bit upset about the confrontation he had with Roo this morning. She was wrong, he didn’t let Roo oversleep but her attitude about the whole thing upset him. Frank thought back to the good time they had in London, ll the plans they were making but as soon as they got home, Roo was hot and cold. Frank sighed  then he pulled out the calling card from his pocket and began to dial

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Pippa hung her dress up then she put her hair back into a ponytail and walked towards the bed

“Phone ringing”

Pippa looked at the clock on the bedside table, she wasn’t expecting any calls, Bobby called earlier when she got home. Pippa opened her door and rushed downstairs quickly so as not to wake everyone else up

“Summer Bay Caravan park” Pippa said when she picked up the phone

“Pippa, its me, did I wake you?” Frank said as Pippa sat down

“Frank! No, I was just getting my dress ready for tomorrow, how are you?” Pippa said with a smile, she had missed his voice. He was keeping his distance but she missed him very much

“Tomorrow, what is going on tomorrow?” Frank said

“Oh, I was going to write, tomorrow is the New South Wales business awards and Bobby has been nominated for two awards so we are all going to cheer her on’ Pippa said

“That’s great” Frank said

“She doesn’t think she will win and didn’t want to go but eventually changed her mind…but how are you…I wasn’t expecting to hear from you?” Pippa said

“Im fine, I just wanted to hear your voice..I know Im supposed to give you space but I missed you” Frank said

“Is everything alright?” Pippa said concerned

“everything is fine… how is everyone?” Frank said

“Fine….how is Roo..how was London??” Pippa said

“Yeah…fine’ Frank said and sighed

“Frank…something is wrong sweetheart, what is it?” Pippa said

“ Will you stop worrying..i just wanted to say hello, that’s all…anyway, I better go” Frank said

“Alright…please give Roo my love” Pippa said

“Ok, me to everyone’ Frank said

“Alright…ill write soon” Pippa said

“Ok, ill be waiting, I love you” Frank said

“I love you too, my son…bye bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down and looked at the receiver confused

Manhattan- New York

Frank put the phone down then he opened the drawer and took out the Fletcher photograph and smiled. He looked at each person then he fixed his eyes on Bobby..he smiled..he was proud of her after what Pippa told him

‘Hey Frank” Frank looked up to see Kate standing at his desk

“Hi, how are you?” Frank said then he put the photo in the drawer and sipped his coffee

“Good, what are you doing tonight, my boyfriend and I are going out for burgers, its his last night in the city and I wanted him to meet you” Kate said with a smile. Frank initially didn’t wnt to go, he didn’t ent to be  third wheel however, after Roo stayed out late, he wanted to give her a taste of her own medicine

“Yeah sure” Frank said

‘Good, see you later’ Kate said as Frank smiled and he watched her walk off. She had sort of become like a little sister, they sometimes went to lunch if he had time, most of the time it was her talking and him listening. She had spoken a lot about her boyfriend and how he patently waited at home while she lived her dreams. Frank opened the drawer and took out the photo again and looked at Bobby and wondered if she was patiently waiting for him to come back….

Lime Residence- Waldorf Creek

Geoff couldn’t sleep, he had butterflies in his stomach. He got out of bed, turned on the light on the table, walked over to his chest of drawers, picked up the small box and walked over to his bed. He never felt this way about a woman before and he was excited that he was going to be a father…life was perfect. Geoff put the ring on his chest and laid down and smiled

Bobby- “Frank stop ticking my feet”

Frank-“I love hearing you laugh”

Bobby –“Oh, your baby wants you to stop, see, he is kicking me”

Frank - “Let me feel”

Bobby –“Tom, kick for Daddy”

Frank –“He kicks really hard”

Bobby –“He is happy that you are here”

Frank –“So am I”

Bobby ="I didnt know if you would come if I told you about the baby"

Frank -"Are you kidding, I couldnt get on the plane fast enough, I dont want to miss anything"

Bobby “We love you…thank you for being here”

Frank –“No other place I would rather be…I love you both”

Bobby opened her eyes, wiped her face and sighed. Lately she had been dreaming a lot about Frank and what it would be like if he was here with her and the baby…then when she would wake up…Bobby wiped her face and reached out for Alans bear and hugged it tight..

“Alan I miss him so much…why did things have to end up this way…why…” Bobby said quietly then she put her hand on her stomach and exhaled and cried and closed her eyes trying to get back to sleep

Background music ends

Chambers Resdience-Yabbir Creek

Marilyn poured some hot water into the cup and coughed. “Are you Alright Linne, you lok awful” Diane said

“I feel awful’ Marilyn said and coughed again

“I guess you wont be going to work today?” Diane said

“I just want to go back to bed’ Marilyn said and picked up her cup

‘That’s a shame, you were looking forward to the awards tonight” Diane said as she watched Marilyn walk away

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“You got your penguin suit ready for tonight?” Martin said as he looked at his rented tuxedo

“Im not going” Lance said as he put on his shoes

“Why not mate? Its our kind of do” Martin said

“You are going with Megan, who am I going to go with ey?...anyway I am looking after Chris tonight so Mrs F can go” Lance said

Mte, this is the prime of your life, why are you looking after some kid, Ask Ronda” Martin said

“No and shes got a boyfriend anyway and I like Chris, he is a mate’ Lnce said

‘Just come with me and Megan..besides, there are lots of surprises tonight” Martn said

“What surprises?” Lance said confused

“Don’t say anything but Geoff is going to ask Bobby to marry him” Martin said

“Bobby who? Lance said

“Bobby Bobby, your boss Bobby” Martin said

“Huh? You said she still loved Frankie” Lance said confused

“Yeah but that was months ago and he isn’t here anyway” Martin said as Lance looked confused

Fisher Residence Summer Bay

“Youre running late this morning’ Donald said as Bobby walked into the kitchen

“Im going in later, I am a bit tired.” Bobby said

“Don’t forget to call Geoff, he called last night” Donald said

“Yeah, you said” Bobby said annoyed

“Are you alright Bobby?” Donald said

“Fine” Bobby said..she wasn’t she had a headache and missed Frank

“Alright then, I better make a move, I guess I will see you at the Sands tonight” Donald said

“Ok” Bobby sid then she waitied for Donald to close the door then began to cry

Mitchell/Woods Residence

Megan put milk in her cereal as Grant marked one final homework assignment then sighed

“Thank goodness its Friday huh? Megan said as she walked over to the table and sat down. Grant smiled

“Something like that…got big plans this weekend? Grant said as he drank the last of his tea

“Im going to the awards ceremony tonight with Martin…hey why dont you come if you have nothing else on” Megan said excited

“Thanks but no thanks, not my sort of thing..ill probably find a nice spot of the beach and camp out tonight” Grant said then he got up and walked over to the sink and put his cup in as Megan watched him

“Why did you choose tonight to go camping, I would’ve gone with you” Megans aid disappointed

“Maybe next time” Grant said as he looked at his watch

“We better go or we are going to be late” Grant said then Megan put two spoonfuls of cereal in her mouth and got up and without realizing, she bumped into Grant

“Oh, I am sorry” Megan said then she looked up at Grant and for a few seconds they stared at each other

“Don’t worry, I can quickly change” Grant said and smiled then he walked towards his room to change his shirt and Megan watched him go.

Ross Boatshed-Summer Bay

“G’day’ Adam said as he walked up to Micheal. Fortuntely, the police found his money that was stolen from his boat but he had to take care of something so most of it was now gone so he swallowed his pride and asked Micahel for some casual work and so far things were going well.

“G’day…hey you have to close up tonight, I am going to get ready to go to that awards ceremony at the Sands..I figured it wuld be a good place tgo drum up some business” Michael said

“Yeah, no worries, I need to finish up Mr Johnsons engine and that’s going to take a while anyway” Adam said as he put his tools down

“Hello Michael” Michael turned around to see Celia waving and walking towards him

‘I wasn’t sure if you had breakfast so I brought you and Adam a little something” Celia said

“You shouldn’t have Celia” Michael said with a smile. Celia spoiled him, it was a nice change from his ex wife. He wasn’t sure where things were heading with Celia, he enjoyed her company…she had her quirks but overall she was a nice woman

“Oh its nothing really…so did you make up your mind about the awards tonight” Celia said

“Yes, I decided I will go” Michael said as he looked into the continer of sandwiches Celia brought

“I guess I will see you there, Alf is nominated for Business man of the year and I want to be ther to support him” Celia said…waiting

“Well I wont keep you…I have a few things to do today’ Celia said…waiting

“We can go together if you want” Michael said

“Are you sure?” Celia said while inside very excited

“Yeh, why not..ill pick you up at 6:30pm” Micheal said

“Ok, Ill see you later…by Adam” Celia said as she waved and walked off. Adam walked over to where Michel was standing

“I think she likes you” Adam said as Michel smiled

Stewart Shop-Summer Bay

“We are closing up the diner early so everyone can go and get ready and the babysitter will be at the house at 6:15’ Ailsa said’as she cross off things on her list not paying attention to the shop door opening

“Hello Alfred’ Alf turned around to see Morag smiling

“What are you doing here Sis?” Alf said

“Why do you always say theat? Cant I come and visit my home?” Morag said

“Home? You couldn’t wait to get out of here” Alf said

“Ailsa” Morag said

“Morag” Ailsa said

“Youre looking lovely” Morg said with a smile as Ailsa smiled suspiciously

‘So what are you doing here?” Alf said

“I read that you were nominated for the NSW awards and wanted to show my support” Morag said

“I am sure it didn’t slip our eye that Bobby is nominated too’ Ailsa said

Background Music Frank and Bobbys theme

“Yes, I did notice that degenerate was nominted..I am not sure why” Morag

“If you are here to cause trouble, you better forget it” Ailsa said

‘Me trouble? Not at all’ Morag said and smiled

“I hope not..Ill see you later love’ Ailsa said and she left the store

“Your wife appears to be upset this morning” Morag

“Give it a rest Sis” Alf said

“I have not done anything wrong..I see no harm in coming to support my big brother and my bastard child” Morag said as she walked over to the news papers

“Alright Sis..for Aills, just leave Bobby alone..anyway, shes  having a baby soon” Alf said and Morag began to laugh

“Baby?.who is the unlucky father” Morag said

“That Danny bloke” Alf said

‘Poor child, has no chance in the world with a lunatic father and degenerate mother” Morag said

“Sis” Alf said

“Anyway, how is Ruth?” Morag said

“Sis she is soo happy, her and Frank just got back from London..ill show you the pictures” Alf said as he opened his draw

“I am so glad that I encourage Ruth to leave, this place is beneath her and I am glad I was wrong about  Frank, he made the right choice in choosing Ruth, a woman who suits him” Morag said as she smiled

Fisher Residence Summer Bay

Bobby put the wet towel in the basket and put the rest of her things in the overnight bag and picked it up and took it to the living room. Bobby went back to the room and picked up her dress from the chair and took it to the living room. Bobby went back to the room and opened the top drawer, she took out the necklace that Brett gave her then smiled and put it back in the drawer then she looked at the piece of paper on the night stand and picked it up and walked out of the bedroom. Bobby walked into the living room

“Do it” Bobby looked around, she thought she heard someone say do it but when she walked into the living room, she could hear the workmen outside. Bobby closed the window and sat at the desk. The baby was moving and kicking as if he knew what she was going to do. Bobby exhaled then picked up the phone and dialed the number

Manhattan-New York

“Macklin corporation-New York, how may I direct your call…Frank Morgan?...please hold

Frank put the last file into his briefcase, it had some notes he wanted to read and prepare for Monday

“Are you ready?” Frank looked up to see Kate standing at his desk

“Yeah give me a minute” Frank said then he got up and put his jacket on, the weather was cooling down now

“Phone ringing”

“Mackin Corporation, Frank Morgan speaking’ Frank said as he answered the phone, no response

“Hello Frank Morgan speaking’ Frank said again, no response then he put the phone down

“Ready?” Kate said

‘Yes, lets go..I am actually really hungry because I didn’t have lunch” Frank said as he picked up his briefcase

"Are you going to tell uour wife you wont be home for dinner? Kate said

"No need' Frank said and smiled and followed Kate out of the office…not knowing that Jerry, one of the other managers was watching them from the corner as they left….

Bobby cried as she heard Frank put the phone down then she took her hand of the mouthpiece and put the receiver down. It was a stupid idea anyway.  After the dream she had, She thought she could tell Frank about Tom but she couldn’t, she could break up his marriage, he sounded happy, like he really wanted to be in New York…she didn’t want him feeling trapped to come back to Australia…no more paying attention to stupid dreams. Bobby put her hand on her stomach

“I guess Geoff is going to be your daddy now’ Bobby said then she exhaled, wiped her face and walked over to her things, picked them up and left the house

Background music ends

Chapter 150                                      

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Pip its only me” Ailsa said as she opened the door and walked into the house.

“Hi” Pippa said as she poked her head out of the kitchen

‘I hope you don’t mind me coming over’ Ailsa said

“Of course not, do you want a cup of tea? Pippa said

“No, its just a short visit….we have a problem” Ailsa said as Pippa sat down

“Oh, what is wrong” Pippa said as Christopher walked over to the table

“What wrong” Christopher said as Ailsa smiled

“Morag is in town” Ails said as she sat down

‘That woman always knows when to come into town at the wrong time” Pippa said and sighed

“That isn’t the only problem’ Pippa said

“Whats wrong?” Ails said lookin concerned

“Well, you cant say anything but Martin told Carly that Geoff is going to propose’ Pippa said

“That’s wonderful news…’ Ailsa said

‘Is it?’ Pippa said

“Is something wrong?” Ails said

“I don’t know Ailsa, something doesn’t feel right about this but  I don’t want to force the issue, especially after what happened with Danny’ Pippa said

“I know but what do we do? Bobby is going to do what she wants to do” Ailsa said

“I know...I know I shouldn’t say this but sometimes I wish that things worked out with Frank…that was the one time when Bobby was extremely happy” Pippa said then tears came to her eyes then Ailsa grabbed her hand

“Its ok…I know Ruth is my step daughter but I understand how you feel” Ailsa said as Pippa wiped her eye

“I guess we just have to hope for the best” Ailsa said

“ know..but in the meantime, how do we deal with this Morag problem…I don’t want her ruining anything for Bobby tonight’ Pippa said

‘She came over to the shop so I am sure she will make an appearance in diner” Ailsa said

“Bobby is due to come over here and get ready, please encourage her to leave early or something’ Ailsa said

“That is  good idea..I will. She has been looking tired lately’ Ailsa said

“I hope Morag stays away from all of us or I can’t guarantee that I will have anything nice to say to her” Pippa said

“Stand in line’ Ailsa said and they both smiled

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

‘Bobby sat by the counter eating her toast and opening some letters

“Did I tell you that Ben is coming tonight?” Carly as she smiled while Lance stood in the kitchen wshing plates and looking at Bobby

“Yes..you mentioned it earlier” Bobby said shaking her head

“Its going to be so nice seeing him…it feels really right with him’ Carly said

“Do you mind, I am trying to read some important letters” Bobby said

“Ill go and wipe the tables outside” Crly said

“Good” Bobby said then she bit into her toast

“Bobby” Bobby looked up to see Lance standing at the counter

‘What is it?” Bobby said then she looked down at the letter she was reading about discounts on vegatables

‘We have known each other for a long time right?’ Lance said

“Yeah” Bobby said

“I just wnt to say you are a mate and when the baby comes, you can count on me to babysit or anything’ Lnce said

“Thanks Lance’ Bobby said as she sipped her juice

‘Love never ends does it’ Lance said as Bobby started laughing

‘Lance are you alright today?” Bobby said

“Yeah, im just saying that love never ends” Lance ends

“Sometimes it does’ Bobby said

“but not for you ey?” Lance said

“Lance what are you talking about? Bobby said confused

‘Nothing, Im just going to finish washing the cups ay” Lance said and he walked back to the kitchen as Bobby opened another letter and he looked back at her

“Hello Bobby” Bobby turned around to see Morag standing behind her then she turned around and sighed

‘What do you want?” Bobby said then she got up from the chir and walked around the counter

“I heard that you are nominated for to NSW awards and wanted to how my support, you are my bastard daughter after all” Morag said

‘That’s enough Morag, leave now’ Morag looked behind her to see Ailsa standing behind her

“Ailsa nice to see you again…I was just leaving” Morag said then she turned around and looked at Bobby

“I haven’t finished with you yet’ Morag said

“Give me your best shot because there is nothing that you can say that will hurt me anymore” Bobby said

‘Is that right…we will see about that” Morag said

“Get out Morag” Ailsa said

“Ok ok, I am just going. Alfred showed me the photos of Frank and Rith on honeymoon, they look wonderful together don’t they, I am so glad Frank made the right choice, anything else would’ve been beneath him…well I will see you all tonight’ Morag Said and she smiled and walked out. Bobby tried her hardest not to cry when Morag mentioned Franks name

“Are you alright…I wanted to let you know she was in town but she beat me to it’ Ailsa said

‘I am fine, she cant say anything to hurt me anymore” Bobby saod

“Listen, how about you go off now, get some rest before tonight’ Ails said

“Yeah, I am a bit tired..ill be over at the caravan park if you need me’ Bobby said then she picked up her plate and took it to the kitchen

“Good luck tonight Bobby” Lance said

‘Thanks’ Bobby said and smiled then she left the diner

Chucks Diner- Manhattan

Frank wiped his mouth. He had enjoyed his dinner and getting to know Kates boyfriend Shane

“So what do you think of New York’ Frank said as Kate excused herself from the table

“Its ok, a bit fast for me, I am a country boy” Shane said with a smile

“I know what you mean, it was a shock for me when I first arrived..sometimes, it still is” Frank said as he drank his coke

“I don’t think I could ever get used to it” Shane said as he drank his coke

“So what do you do back home?” Frank said

“My parents own a farm but they are getting on now so I help take care of it and our small plumbing bsiness”  Shane said

‘So no plans on leaving that and joining us here in the fast life” Frank said

“No way” Shane said and they both laughed

“Hopefully Katie will be back home soon and we can leave this place behind us” Shane said

“You don’t like her being here?” Frank said

“No but I love her and I know this is what she wanted and I didn’t want to stop her so I let her live her dream and when the time is right, I know she will be home” Shane said

“What if she decides to stay here? Frank said curious

“We made a deal, I let her go and live her dreams and she promised me that she will come home..when the time is right, I know she will’ Shane said with a smile as Frank thought about what he said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby –“You are spoiling me”

Frank-“You deserve it..the mother of my child gets anything she wants’

Bobby-“Are you sure you are happy?”

Frank-“Are you kidding, you expected me to stay in New York so my child can call another man dad- no way’

Sally slowly crept into the spare bedroom and sat on the bed. Bobby was fast asleep. Sally gently shook Bobbys arm then kissed her cheek

“Frank” Bobby said then she opened her eyes

“Its me” Sally said

“Sorry Sal” Bobby said then wiped her eyes

“Were you crying?” Sally said

“No..something was in my eye” Bobby lied

“Pippa told me to come and wake you up because its time to get ready” Sally said then she got up

“Ok, Im awake…I am going to take a shower’ Bobby said

“Ok” Sally said then she ran out of the room as Bobby sighed, got up, grabbed a towl from her bag and walked towards the bathroom

Manhattan-New York

Frank opened the front door quietly, he didn’t want to wake up Roo, he didn’t want a fight. Frank quietly took off his jacket and hung it up then took off his shoes. He went into the bathroom, brushed his teeth and changed then walked towards the bed as he got closer to the bed…he noticed that Roo was not home. Frank sighed then got into bed and looked at the ceiling…

Sands resort-Summer Bay

Morag drank some of her whiskey and walked over to the mirror on the wardrobe and looked at her dress and smiled. Morag rasied her glass to herself

“To the beginning of payback’ Morag said then drank the last drop of whiskey and smiled then she put the glas son the table, picked up her clutch bag and walked out of her hotel room

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

‘Knock at the door”

“Its open” Bobby said as she looked at herself in the mirror…she was wearing a dark blue A line dress, it was long and had glitter around the bust area and loss all the way down which concealed Bobbys stomach

‘Hi, can I come in’ Steve said then he stepped into the room.

“Sure, whats up’ Bobby said then she turned around to look at him

“I promised Frank that I would look after you…I have not done a good job of it so far” Steve said

“Steve…” Bobby was interrupted

“Please let me finish” Steve said

“I m really sorry about everything that has happened and I know you said you forgive me but I want you to know that I will do what Frank asked and I will take care of you…..and Tom…anything you need” Steve said

“Thanks Stevo’ Bobby said

‘I love you Bobby and I am happy that you are my sister’ Steve said then he walked over to Bobby and hugged her then he put his hand on her stomach

“I cant wait to be an uncle to you too Junior” Steve said

‘We love you too Steve” Bobby said then she wiped a tear from her cheek

“Bobby I got to finish your hair” Carly said as she walked into the room

‘You both look beautiful…my sisters” Steve said and smiled then he left the room

Background music ends

Mitchell/Woods Residence

“Can you zip up the back of my dress” Megan said as she came out of the room. She was wearing a black dress with a split up to the knee. Grant got up from the chair, stood behind her and zipped up the dress. Megan turned around and looked at him

“Thank you’ Megan said

“You look nice’ Grant said and for a few seconds they looked at each other then the door bell rang

‘That must be Martin, I have to finishe getting ready” Megan said then she went back in the bedroom as Grant walked towards the door

“G’day Grant, is Megan ready?” Martin said

“G’day..no she isn’t but come in’ Grant said as Martin followed him into the house

‘You not coming tonight?’ Martin said as he sat down on the couch

“No, not my thing” Grant said as he put a blanket in a bag

“Going somewhere?” Martin said as he pointed at the bag

“I thought id camp out on the beach tonight’ Grant said as Megan opened the door

“Wow…”Martin said as Megan walked out. She looked stunning Grant thought to himsef

“I am the luckiest guy in Summer Bay..you look amazing” Martin said

“Thanks..”Megan said smiling

“Lets go …enjoy your camping’ Martin said as Grant smiled and Megan looked embarrassed and they left the house

Stewart Sr Residence-Summer Bay

Celia looked at herself in the mirror, her curls looked nice and her dress, a long purple gown looked great

“knock at the door’

Celia rushed to the door and opened it

‘Wow..you look great Celia” Michael said

‘Oh, thank you Michael. You look handsome in your suite. I am ready, ill just grab my bag’ Celia said as she reach for her bag

‘I am ready’ Celia said as Michael smiled and they made their way to his car

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

Ailsa Shut the door and rushed to the car and got into the passenger seat

“Ready?’ Alf said

“Yes, I just wanted to the let the sitter know where we are going to be’ Ailsa said as lf started the car and began to drive off

“I really do hope that Morag behaves herself’ Ails said

“She promised me she would” Alf said

“Do you really believe her?” Ailsa said

“Come on love, lets just leave it and have a good night’ Alf said

“Alf just keep her away from Bobby if you can” ilsa said

“Love, I am sure she will behave” Alf said

“Please” Ailsa said as lf sighed

“lets just have a good time tonight…its important to me’ Alf said and shook his head

‘Its important to Bobby too’ Ailsa said as Alf didn’t respond

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Ok, you ready? 1, 2, 3’ Lance said then he took  photo of Pippa, Bobby, Carly Sally and Steve while Geoff and Ben stood in the background

“Lnce if there are any problems, please call the Sands resort” Pippa said

“Don’t worry, me and Chris re going to have a good time ey Chris” Martin said as Christopher laughed

‘Come on Pippa, we don’t want to be late” Carly said as she walked towards Bens car

‘You look beautiful Bobby’ Geoff said as  he kissed Bobbys cheek and she forced a smile

‘Thanks’ Bobby said

“Ey Bobby, you got your speech ready? Lance shouted

“For what? I m not going to win” Bobby said and shook her head as she got into Geoffs car.

Manhattan-New York

Roo opened the door quietly. Helen had organized another mixer and Roo didn’t want to disappoint her so she went. After the fight with Frank this morning, Roo didn’t even want to talk to him so she didn’t let him know that she was going to be late. Roo took off her shoes and jacket and went into the bathroom to get changed. When she came out, she walked quietly to the bed and got in. Frank opened his eyes and looked at the clock on the table and sighed…

“We need to talk” Frank said

“I have to be up early for a meeting and don’t worry ill set my alarm clock’ Roo said as she set the alarm clock and put it back on the table and covered herself while Frank looked at the celiing wishing he was with his family cheering on Bobby…

Archived