Frank Morgan - Alex Papps

Awesome @Homeandawayfan.! Thanks.

Hopefully I won't be talking to myself in this thread ?

Why was Frank obnoxious? I think he was one of this most misunderstood characters. 

Has anybody over 18 watched Alex in Five Moments of Infidelity? It's like watching a grown up version of Frank.

Edited by Summer's Bay

1 hour ago, Spinach said:

I don't hate Frank. At best he was bland, at worst he was hopeless at relationships...

He wasn't a character I missed once he was gone, I don't think he left a huge impact. I also don't understand what Roo and Bobby saw in him...

I don't know about Roo but according to the Bobby Simpson story and Nicolle herself, Frank id the man of Bobby's dreams. 

I think the problem with the Frank character is he never had a "just Frank" storyline. His storylines were either with Roo or Bobby. Maybe if he had stayed longer, the writers would've had an opportunity to develop his character. Have you watched Five moments of Infidelity? It's a short movie (1hr 10 mins or so) and Alex is one of the main stars. This role reminds me a lot of a grown up Frank.

he was hopeless at relationships...

I think this is mostly due to his background and upbringing, I don't think it was intentional. In my opinion he was a young man trying to figure things out and in the process was thinking with the wrong body part (Roo). Alex said his relationship with Bobby was more genuine than his relationship with Roo and I mentioned that several times before I even saw the quote. 

Edited by Summer's Bay

Don't think is all bad but he had a lots of faults. 

Didnt like the way he treated Steven at the beginning because he was brainy. 

Yet he was also one of the worst in looking down on Lance and martin for the opposite reason. 

Also didn't like the way he made Bobby feel guilty for wanting to go to uni eventually making her give it up , 

5 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Don't think is all bad but he had a lots of faults. 

Didnt like the way he treated Steven at the beginning because he was brainy. 

Yet he was also one of the worst in looking down on Lance and martin for the opposite reason. 

Also didn't like the way he made Bobby feel guilty for wanting to go to uni eventually making her give it up , 

I think he treated Steven that way because of his own securities which were often very clear. Frank admitted several times that he wasn't academically gifted. 

I don't think he looked down on Lance and Martin, I thought he saw them as friends but just gave them a hard time. 

I think Bobby would've stayed anyway, she was just trying to prove a point to him. I do accept Frank was being a bit selfish but he faced his old fears to prove how much he loved Bobby. 

In one of the episodes when Frank and Bobby were going through a tough time, he said to Roo that he and Bobby didn't agree on things like how he and Roo did. However, Roo only agreed with what he said so he wouldn't leave her when she was scamming him.

Edited by Summer's Bay

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Frank admitted he dropped out in YR10 in one bit of early dialogue.

If I recall correctly, when Frank returned, Ailsa mentioned something about him not wasting his qualifications, so I assume he must've taken classes in something while he was away.

Another inconsistency,  Ailsa said to Frank that she watched Bobby struggle for 3 years to pick up pieces when he left....Frank left in 1989, returned in 1991..not 3 years ?