Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

7 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Adulthood makes a lot of difference to people - you don't notice it so much if you watch them grow up, but if you meet them again after a number of years it's very obvious

I understand that but the jump is too drastic in my opinion. I get it, at the end of her first stint in Summer Bay. Roo was attempting to be a better person but even that was coming off as very fake because she played the mean girl role very well. In my opinion she should've continued that "mean girl " role, not necessarily as bad as Allison but maybe straddling the lines of good and bad. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I understand that but the jump is too drastic in my opinion. I get it, at the end of her first stint in Summer Bay. Roo was attempting to be a better person but even that was coming off as very fake because she played the mean girl role very well. In my opinion she should've continued that "mean girl " role, not necessarily as bad as Allison but maybe straddling the lines of good and bad. 

I don’t agree that her attempt to be a better person seemed fake. She was only really nasty and manipulative for a very short time in the show - most of it was spent being nice and trying to make up for it - not just towards the end.

I do however agree that it’s a shame NewRoo has never displayed that side. Wasted opportunity. They made her out-and-out nice when they brought her back which is just silly given the character they had to work with.

35 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

I don’t agree that her attempt to be a better person seemed fake. She was only really nasty and manipulative for a very short time in the show - most of it was spent being nice and trying to make up for it - not just towards the end.

I do however agree that it’s a shame NewRoo has never displayed that side. Wasted opportunity. They made her out-and-out nice when they brought her back which is just silly given the character they had to work with.

Roo miraculously changed after giving her daughter up for adoption. I get that she grew up a bit but in my opinion the writers went too far to the right with her character change from there. She just became a filler character with no substance, just standing around in the background with random storylines until towards the end with Frank. While doing research for my Fan fiction, it’s very obvious to me now that where the storyline was eventually going to head.

im not sure if Georgie Parker would be able to play old Roo

On 2/15/2018 at 06:14, harrietjames said:

I think she was a reasonable kid - she didn't deal well with her mother's death and father's re-marriage, at the time - so she acted out - rather than those things being personality traits. 

Curious: do you think any re-cast is better than the original?

I only know of GeorgieRoo and DebPip. I am not familiar with anybody else

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby, Lance, Roo and Martin grew up together in Summer Bay however when Narelle turned up, she didn’t know Bobby. When Narelle went to visit Frank in hospital she said to him that “Ruth Stewart must have dirt for brains” How did she know who Ruth is when she didn’t know anywhere in Summer Bay?

^I'm sure she was aware of the circumstances surrounding Frank's accident. Besides, Narelle's comment doesn't imply she actually knows Roo, the opposite in fact - she's just making an assessment on Roo based on the fact she would leave someone as attractive (in Narelle's opinion) as Frank at the altar.

23 hours ago, Spinach said:

^I'm sure she was aware of the circumstances surrounding Frank's accident. Besides, Narelle's comment doesn't imply she actually knows Roo, the opposite in fact - she's just making an assessment on Roo based on the fact she would leave someone as attractive (in Narelle's opinion) as Frank at the altar.

Initially that is what I thought then I concluded that if this were the case, Narelle wouldve referred to Roo as "your Fiancee", not by her name if Lance and Martin where giving her a quick rundown of what happened. Thinking about this again, I think it was just one of those continuity errors. 

(in Narelle's opinion)

lol- you dont think Alex Papps is attractive?

Regarding "in Narelle's opinion", I read that back and realised it sounded a bit harsh. I think Alex Papps is attractive but I don't find Frank especially attractive. I suppose I was also referring to the fact that Narelle finding Frank attractive was one of her defining character traits at this stage in the series.

Archived