How Many Bedrooms is Summer Bay house

BHK45

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the room Sally used to sleep in was in the attic. Then on the second storey there's the master bedroom (originally Tom and Pippa's) and two other bedrooms (Frank and Steven; Carly and Lynn). Downstairs there's also a spare bedroom, I think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Incidentally, I have another question: at some point in 1989 (in the 300s) Ailsa and Celia are babysitting Christopher (and Duncan) and there appears to be a nursery in SBH. I assumed this might be the spare bedroom but Ailsa later mentions the babies are upstairs (she and Celia are downstairs at this point). Given all the bedrooms were in use at this point, does that mean there was another room that was the nursery?

27 minutes ago, Spinach said:

I think the room Sally used to sleep in was in the attic. Then on the second storey there's the master bedroom (originally Tom and Pippa's) and two other bedrooms (Frank and Steven; Carly and Lynn). Downstairs there's also a spare bedroom, I think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct, well, correct back in 1988 in any case.

Neither the downstairs bedroom or the attic room were seen after the first year or so - the rarely seen door to the downstairs bedroom has been removed from the set completely, whereas I think the attic room is presumed to still exist but not really mentioned. Something in my mind is saying that Alf might have been in the attic room for a bit after he first moved in, but we've never seen any way of getting to it. I've now got visions of Alf scaling the exterior walls with his cup of cocoa.

27 minutes ago, Spinach said:

Incidentally, I have another question: at some point in 1989 (in the 300s) Ailsa and Celia are babysitting Christopher (and Duncan) and there appears to be a nursery in SBH. I assumed this might be the spare bedroom but Ailsa later mentions the babies are upstairs (she and Celia are downstairs at this point). Given all the bedrooms were in use at this point, does that mean there was another room that was the nursery?

That's an interesting one that I must have missed, I'll have to try and track it down.

There did seem to be about six bedrooms in the 00s when I think you had Sally, Alf, Ric, Cassie(who shared with Martha for a bit), Little Pippa and Morag all apparently with their own rooms.So it would help if they did turn a room into a nursery when Christopher was born.

I have always wondered if Summer Bay House had more rooms than they show, since upstairs seems bigger then downstairs, could there be a bathroom downstairs? What about a study.

The outside always seems bigger then the bottom, maybe it's time for them to show us the whole Summer Bay House, even if just for a while, it seems sometimes that there can be 6-8 people mostly not sharing rooms, while other times like now in the show, it is 3 people.

On 05/10/2017 at 15:59, Red Ranger 1 said:

There did seem to be about six bedrooms in the 00s when I think you had Sally, Alf, Ric, Cassie(who shared with Martha for a bit), Little Pippa and Morag all apparently with their own rooms.So it would help if they did turn a room into a nursery when Christopher was born.

I thought Pippa shared with Sally?. 

Archived