Misconceptions that you had for a long time

Kitkat89

I started watching H&A in 1995. I remember asking my mum, who had watched it on and off since the beginning, why Shane & Angel lived with Fisher. She said she was pretty sure Shane was Fisher's nephew. So when I looked up H&A fan sites years later, I was rather confused to read that Fisher's niece Lucinda Croft had a relationship with Shane's brother Nick. Consensual cousin incest seemed a bit too.. edgy... for 90s H&A :lol: (Okay, Bobby & Alan were half-siblings, but they never did anything more than kiss!) It was quite strange finding out all those years later that Fisher & Shane weren't actually related at all.

Also, I believed for years that Donna had suffered the same fate as Rob: abruptly disappearing from Summer Bay with no explanation. I just remember seeing her have a fight with her brother Gus, and in the next episode she'd been removed from the credits and was never mentioned again. However, when I looked up her character's bio online in the 2000s, I saw that she had gone travelling with Travis. I must have simply missed an episode or two. It's a strange coincidence that she was Rob's ex!

I'm sure there's plenty, I'll have to give it some thought.I remember missing a key episode when Morag came back for Bobby's funeral (which was the first time I'd seen or heard of her) and thinking for years that she was Don's ex-wife.When they mentioned a couple of years later that Don had been married to Alf's sister Barbara, I actually found myself wondering if Morag and Barbara were the same person.

I remember I used to believe that Ailsa's name was actually Alisa and that it was spelt and pronounced like that because of the Australian accent and how some of the characters pronounced it. Even though the correct spelling of her name was on the opening credits every episode, I still thought that that was her name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived