Did the True Early Years end when Bobby Lett?

BobbyFridge

On 8/30/2017 at 11:53, BobbyFridge said:

I think they did. I have never really thought of 1994 onwards as truly part of the early years, although considering we are now in 2017 i guess it was so long ago it does count as the early years now hehe. Also i know that the Bayside diner is iconic as part of the 90s and it does feel like the end of an era when the original diner closes for good. But i still feel like the true early years were the Bobby years. The show did change a lot after 1993 and Bobby was such an important character that it was always going to be different without her there. 

Hey BobbyFridge

I wasnt as committed to Home and Away after  Bobby and Frank split up. I casually watched and kept up with her storyline but completely stopped watching when she died. She was "Home and Away" for me for a long time. I wish the character wasn't killed off, maybe left town with Frank for a few years, returning once in a while.

Maybe the Home and Away writers can do something similar to what happened in Neighbours with Kerry Mangel, have Bobby return as another character . 

If Nicolle Dickson did return as another character I would just see her as "Not Bobby". The only way it might work is if she returned as Lucinda Croft as Lucinda was Donald's niece and Bobby's cousin. People can look like cousins as well as siblings due to sharing 2 grandparents.

1993-1996 was the culmination of the end of The Early years but as the show is still around in 2017 it shows that 1996 was just another of many many more years to come for the show. 1996 could be still in the last of the "barely started" years now.

Archived