Which couples do you wish happened that didn't

sallyandflynnfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Oh gosh, I could end up with an essay here...

Yeah, Heath and April.They really deserve a longer go than they got rather than being married off to people who they didn't seem suited to just because of popular opinion.They came alive more with each other than with their official partners and April was pretty much wrecked to make her and Dexter work.(The really sad thing is, if they'd kept April the character she was in 2010 and hadn't repeatedly shafted Xavier in order to get them together, I actually think I could have liked April and Dexter.But they just changed her personality beyond recognition.Talking of...)

Ruby and Dexter? He really did need a kind of seasoned but vulnerable character as a girlfriend (ie the sort of person April was when she came in but wasn't when they were together) and they had a strong friendship which briefly threatened to boil over...I did like Romeo and Ruby at the time but the way he treated her, Romeo and Death was definitely my preferred pairing.

Xavier and Indi. Barely had anything to do with each other but there was a part of me that wondered what it could have been like, they seemed like their personalities could work.

I did really love Oscar and Maddy and wish they'd stayed together instead of getting broken up for no real reason.If they were going to break up, I wish the show had done more with Oscar and Skye.I actually wouldn't have minded Maddy with Kyle, although the sexual harassment thing kind of killed it.

I'd actually rather they'd made Casey gay than have Oscar be gay just because he didn't conform to gender stereotypes.There was always something about him that didn't quite fit with his family's macho image without him being too far the other way.

I said Geoff and Belle in a thread like this way back when I first joined the forum, mainly because I wanted to say someone no-one else had, then the more I saw them together, the more I thought it'd be really good (the scene where he finds out she's dying really does hammer home the bond between them) but the show was determined to keep her with Aden.(Which also stymied Aden/Nicole, who deserved a longer run in my opinion.)

Similarly, as much as I loved VJ and Billie together, it is a shame that it looks like VJ and Olivia will never happen, with the show viewing her and Hunter as one of those couples that won't be allowed to move on until one of them leaves, or maybe not even then... (I think the relationship with Billie, far from ruining VJ, was the making of him, but if the show doesn't work out what to do with him next, I might soon start wondering why they didn't just have the two of them and baby Luc head off into the sunset together instead of killing her and leaving him purposeless.)

Phoebe and Matt? Much as I think he and Evelyn were suited, I occasionally flirted with this idea, every now and then you'd get an episode that showed them as close but then it'd get forgotten.

There did seem to be quite a few Couples That Never Happened in the 90s.Damian and Sarah were the big one and might have saved us the bizarre perception of Sarah and Tug as a golden couple who should marry off screen rather than a couple who dated for about two months nine years earlier.Liam and Casey could have done with more than the couple of kisses they got.(That's Liam Tanner and Casey Mitchell, not Liam Murphy and Casey Braxton for anyone not born then.)Aaron and Tiegan got a bit of ship tease that got dropped.I actually think Shane and Sarah could have been interesting despite some complicated history in the early days.I wish Blake and Fin had had a longer run too: By the time they finally got together, he'd already been taken off the opening titles!

And is anyone else oddly intrigued by the idea of a Ziggy/Mason/Coco love triangle? Just me?

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Oh gosh, I could end up with an essay here...

Yeah, Heath and April.They really deserve a longer go than they got rather than being married off to people who they didn't seem suited to just because of popular opinion.They came alive more with each other than with their official partners and April was pretty much wrecked to make her and Dexter work.(The really sad thing is, if they'd kept April the character she was in 2010 and hadn't repeatedly shafted Xavier in order to get them together, I actually think I could have liked April and Dexter.But they just changed her personality beyond recognition.Talking of...)

Ruby and Dexter? He really did need a kind of seasoned but vulnerable character as a girlfriend (ie the sort of person April was when she came in but wasn't when they were together) and they had a strong friendship which briefly threatened to boil over...I did like Romeo and Ruby at the time but the way he treated her, Romeo and Death was definitely my preferred pairing.

Xavier and Indi. Barely had anything to do with each other but there was a part of me that wondered what it could have been like, they seemed like their personalities could work.

I did really love Oscar and Maddy and wish they'd stayed together instead of getting broken up for no real reason.If they were going to break up, I wish the show had done more with Oscar and Skye.I actually wouldn't have minded Maddy with Kyle, although the sexual harassment thing kind of killed it.

I'd actually rather they'd made Casey gay than have Oscar be gay just because he didn't conform to gender stereotypes.There was always something about him that didn't quite fit with his family's macho image without him being too far the other way.

I said Geoff and Belle in a thread like this way back when I first joined the forum, mainly because I wanted to say someone no-one else had, then the more I saw them together, the more I thought it'd be really good (the scene where he finds out she's dying really does hammer home the bond between them) but the show was determined to keep her with Aden.(Which also stymied Aden/Nicole, who deserved a longer run in my opinion.)

Similarly, as much as I loved VJ and Billie together, it is a shame that it looks like VJ and Olivia will never happen, with the show viewing her and Hunter as one of those couples that won't be allowed to move on until one of them leaves, or maybe not even then... (I think the relationship with Billie, far from ruining VJ, was the making of him, but if the show doesn't work out what to do with him next, I might soon start wondering why they didn't just have the two of them and baby Luc head off into the sunset together instead of killing her and leaving him purposeless.)

Phoebe and Matt? Much as I think he and Evelyn were suited, I occasionally flirted with this idea, every now and then you'd get an episode that showed them as close but then it'd get forgotten.

There did seem to be quite a few Couples That Never Happened in the 90s.Damian and Sarah were the big one and might have saved us the bizarre perception of Sarah and Tug as a golden couple who should marry off screen rather than a couple who dated for about two months nine years earlier.Liam and Casey could have done with more than the couple of kisses they got.(That's Liam Tanner and Casey Mitchell, not Liam Murphy and Casey Braxton for anyone not born then.)Aaron and Tiegan got a bit of ship tease that got dropped.I actually think Shane and Sarah could have been interesting despite some complicated history in the early days.I wish Blake and Fin had had a longer run too: By the time they finally got together, he'd already been taken off the opening titles!

And is anyone else oddly intrigued by the idea of a Ziggy/Mason/Coco love triangle? Just me?

Kyle only tried kissing her. It was not like he was about to jump her bones. The moment Matt came in he realised what he was doing then he stopped. 

I hated that scene. It was so out of character even if Kyle was messed up at the time. 

I actually think Kyle would be the most Likely to be bi or gay out of the Braxtons. 

Archived