Kyle Braxton: One-Shot Series

AtlantaG1912

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, author here, just wanted to say a thank you for continuing to read my one-shots and now i'm on my christmas break i'm planning on writing lot so send me your suggestions.

Idea by FrankElza (fanfiction): One-Shot which shows the brotherly bond between Brax and Kyle, which we didn't get to see much off.

Chapter 16 – Brotherly Bond

Beach

As usual it was a lovely day in Summer Bay, Brax was making his way out of the water when he saw Kyle sat on the sand watching the waves.

Wondering what he was doing, Brax placed his board down on the sand beside his towel and walked towards Kyle.

"Hey mate." Brax says to him.

"Hey Brax, looking good out there." Kyle responds to his brother.

"Well it could be better but the waves aren't that bad. What you doing here anyway?"

"Oh, I needed to get out that house before the girls drove me crazy with all the baby talk."

Laughing, Brax sat down beside his brother: "Why did you think I left as soon as I woke up."

Looking Brax, Kyle finally realised that Brax had done that on purpose: "Cheers Brax, I had to sit and listen to them talking about everything and when I say everything, I mean everything."

"It can't have been that bad."

"Really? They were talking about how your hips move and stuff like that before you give birth." Kyle said as he pulled a face.

"Sorry mate, if I knew that was going to happen I would have suggested me and you go do something instead of you having to sit and listen to that." Brax laughed again.

"That's ok. It's not like there is anything we could do that we would both enjoy." Kyle replied and then went back to watching the waves rolling up the sand.

Brax didn't reply instead he too turned to watch the waves when he had an idea.

"Maybe there is something we could both do together." Brax says suddenly.

"Oh really?" Kyle sarcastically replies.

"Yeah and actually maybe its something we can do with Heath when he comes to the Bay for a visit." Brax says with a grin on his face.

Kyle looks at Brax then follows his brother's gaze until it lands on the surfboard: "NO! Anything but that Brax! I'm serious!"

"Come on Kyle! You're the only Braxton who can't surf and it's something use Braxtons do as a family."

"It is still a no Brax."

"Why?"

"What do mean why?"

"Why don't you want to learn to surf?"

"Because it isn't me Brax. I prefer music over sporting activities."

"That's not a good reason Kyle."

"Please Brax just drop it."

"I will if you tell me why?"

"There's no reason why, Brax!"

"Yes there is, I can tell!"

"FINE!" Kyle suddenly shouts and stands up.

Brax completely shocked by Kyle shouting the way he did stays silent.

Kyle turns to face Brax: "You really want to know why I don't want to learn to surf?"

"Yes." Brax quickly replies.

With that Kyle takes his baseball top off and turns so his left side is facing Brax: "This is why I don't want to learn to surf."

Brax looks to where Kyle points and he suddenly notices a scar on his brother's side.

Kyle puts his baseball top back on and sits back down.

Brax completely shocked to see the scar and curious, says: "What happened?"

"Dad happened." Kyle tells him.

"Dad did that?"

"Yeah I was 11 years old and he came to see me and said he was going to eventually teach me to surf. So we took off for the day and went to a beach, I can't remember where. Anyway, once we got to the beach we unloaded his board and the board he had just bought me and we went down to the sand. Dad started to tell me what I needed to do and he had me practise on the beach, he told me that he had done that with you and Heath also Casey." Kyle says as he goes back to that day…

(Flashback – 13 years ago…)

Some random beach

11-year-old Kyle and his dad, Danny where on the sand near the water's edge.

"Remember that once you have a wave in sight, paddle then quickly stand up." Danny tells his son "Are you ready to try it now?"

"Yes dad." Kyle replies.

With that father and son both picked up their surfboards and ran into the water.

They both paddled for a couple on minutes when they noticed a set coming in and Danny told Kyle it was time to put the practise to use. Kyle waited for his dad to go first so he could watch him then he would give it ago.

However, the next wave to come in was huge, this caused Kyle to panic so instead he did what his dad mentioned when you don't want to catch the wave. Which was to sit on the board and try and stay sitting on it as the wave went past or in this case under you.

Once it had passed, Kyle had feeling the next lot of waves were going to be just as big so he paddled back to the beach and waited for Danny to come back in.

10 minutes later…

Danny comes running back up the sand with his board under his arm and through it down not realise it land fins facing upwards.

"What were you playing at?" Danny shouted at Kyle.

Kyle stood up and walked over to his dad: "Sorry dad, I was a bit scared as the waves were way to big and with it being my first time surfing I wanted to wait until a smaller once came so I thought I would come and sit on the sand for a bit."

"TO BIG! YOU ARE AWARE CASEY WHO IS 3 YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU SURFS IN WAVES THAT BIG!"

"Sorry dad, I just didn't want to get hurt on my first go at surfing."

"DIDN'T WANT TO GET HURT?! YOUR NOT MY SON IF YOU ARE YO SCARED TO SURF IN THOSE WAVES!" Danny shouted at Kyle as he pointed towards the water.

Kyle not liking how his dad was behaving turned his back on his dad and covered his ears so he could hear Danny shouting anymore.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Danny shouts when he notices what was doing.

Danny not liking what Kyle was doing grabbed him by the shoulders to turn him round but accidently sent Kyle flying on to his surfboard.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Kyle suddenly screams.

Danny looks down when Kyle screams and quickly notices why. The fin from the surfboard had gone into his son's side was now pouring with blood.

(Present time…)

Beach

"Ouch." Brax says as Kyle tells him about the fin "So, what did dad do after that."

"Well he quickly grabbed all the stuff and me and drove to the hospital as quickly as he could. When we got there the doctor checked me over and said that it didn't require surgery as it had hit anything but it did need stiches and obviously we were told it would leave a scar." Kyle explains to his brother.

"Kyle, if I knew that had happened I wouldn't have suggested it and it also makes sense as to why you always have a top on when you're here or in the house unlike the rest of us."

"It's fine Brax, its just something that I will always associated with surfing and you noticed." Kyle laughed.

"Mate we all noticed." Brax laughs as well "I guess we just need to find something else we can do together."

Kyle agrees then suggests: "We could always just go see a movie or go for a pint?"

"Both great suggestion but I don't think we have time now." Brax says looking at his watch "We can't stay here forever or the girls will send out a search party."

"Your probably right besides its your turn to be grossed out by their conversations." Kyle laughs.

With that Brax goes and gathers his stuff and the two brothers walk home talking about arranging a brother's night out.

Kyle could write Brax's surfing theme entrance music for Brax if he enters any surfing contests. :wink:

The best part about surfing is I think is the way the water drips down your body cool  earning you maybe if your lucky some wolf whistles from passing girls. The actual surfing looks scary

Oh silly me Merry Christmas to you

16 hours ago, pembie said:

Kyle could write Brax's surfing theme entrance music for Brax if he enters any surfing contests. :wink:

The best part about surfing is I think is the way the water drips down your body cool  earning you maybe if your lucky some wolf whistles from passing girls. The actual surfing looks scary

Oh silly me Merry Christmas to you

Now that would be interesting!

I've never surfed in my life but that might be due to the fact i can't swim. All my knowledge comes from shows like Home and Away and Blue Water High.

Merry Christmas to you too!

40 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter

Loved the interaction between Brax and Kyle :)

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018 to you!

Thank you

That was the great thing about writing this one shot, as i always loved the bond between Brax and Kyle in the show!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Idea By FrankElza (Fanfiction): maybe one with Kyle and Casey getting along

Chapter 17 – A Little Time Was All It Took

A road leading to Melbourne

"Where is this spare tire?" A voice shouts from behind the ute.

"Well Brax said there was one in the boot." Someone replied.

"Yeah well I hate to break it to you Casey but I think Brax was lying."

"Why doesn't that surprise me Kyle?"

"Probably because its Brax and he thinks its funny to prank us."

"I sometimes wish we didn't have older brothers."

"I agree with you on that but who else would we have to annoy with our pretend fights."

"Very true." Casey replies to his brother.

Closing the boot of the ute, Kyle walks round to where Casey is sat on the front of the ute: "I think we are going to need to call for help otherwise we are going to be stuck out here, wherever here is."

"I'll call for a tow truck now." Casey says as he pulls his phone out of his pocket. "I'm sorry Kyle, but I think even if the tow truck comes straightaway we aren't going to make it to Melbourne till tonight."

"Its not your fault Casey, I personally blame Brax for not putting a tire in the boot. Besides we are still going to get to Melbourne so Phoebe won't completely kill me." Kyle replies.

"Are you sure about that?" Casey asks.

"Nope!" Kyle answers which causes the two of them to laugh "I will tell you something though."

"What?"

"I'm happy you came with me instead of Matt."

"Why?"

"Well Casey, that kid bugs me a lot and at least this time we won't want to kill each other so we can have fun." Kyle replies thinking back to the last time.

"Well Matt can be annoying when he wants to be." Casey laughs "how do you know I won't to kill you this time?"

Kyle doesn't speak instead a look of panic crosses his face.

"Chill, I don't want to kill you. I care about you to much now to even think about doing that."

"Well that's good to know but I might just move over there to be safe." Kyle points to the other side of the road and laughs.

Laughing Casey says: "We don't want to give Brax the satisfaction of being right. Considering when we told him about this road trip he didn't even think we would get out the street before we wanted to kill each other."

2 days, 3 hours and 6 minutes ago…

Angelos

"Say that again?" Brax says to his brothers not thinking he heard them correctly.

"Well me and Kyle thought we would borrow the ute for a couple of days and head to Melbourne to surprise the girls before Phoebe's gig." Casey repeats himself.

Brax looks at his two brothers: "You two in a car together for nearly four days?"

"Yeah!" Kyle and Casey says together.

"I'm sorry but you can't be serious especially after what happened last time."

Walking over to join the boys, Ricky says: "What happened last time?"

"These two want to go on a road trip alone."

"So?"

"Well, remember the last time these two were stuck in a car together on the way to Melbourne?"

"Not really considering I was still here in the Bay with Bianca trying to organise a wedding."

"Oh yeah." Brax remembers "Anyway last time these two argued and complained the whole way there then continued to argue once we got there. They only stopped arguing when Knuckles here got drunk and I put Casey in charge of making sure he got back to the hotel safely."

Kyle not liking what Brax called him said: "Hey! Don't call me Knuckles its kind of offensive and I did not get drunk."

"I will call you what I want and yes you were drunk Kyle. You were that drunk that I found you and Casey asleep in bed together."

"Now wait a minute Brax we feel asleep unintentionally. Also you did tell me to keep on eye on him so I did."

Ricky who had been listening to the conversation speaks: "Please tell me Brax you took photos of this?"

"Oh don't worry I did." Brax tells her as he unlocks his phone.

"WHAT?!" Casey and Kyle shout causing the whole restaurant to look at them.

"Will you to stop shouting? Don't worry I promise I won't show them to anyone else until your wedding days."

"That's cold Brax!" Kyle tells him.

"Getting back to what we asked, please can we borrow the ute?" Casey says trying to get back on to topic.

Looking at Ricky then at his brothers, Brax replies: "Fine you to can borrow the ute on the condition you look after her and don't kill each. Heck, what am I saying you both would have probably don't that before you even leave the street."

Present time…

A road leading to Melbourne

"Well we provided him wrong and that's the main thing." Kyle explains to him.

"Anyway I better hurry up and call this tow truck." Casey says as he goes to make the call.

Kyle goes back round to the boot of the ute to get his phone charger. While looking for the bag with the charger in he puts some stuff on the ground, going back to look for the bag he spots the spare tire.

"Casey." Kyle says loudly.

While still on the phone Casey looks at Kyle: "What?"

"I found the spare tire!" Kyle tells his as he pulls it out of the boot.

Casey laughs and tells the tow company that they no longer need help.

15 minutes later…

Eventually the spare tire had been fitted to the ute and the two brothers where on their way to Melbourne to join their girlfriends.

Archived