Chloe Richards - Kristy Wright

5 hours ago, jakeyy. said:

Or she could return as Chloe, we didn't see her dead body and from what I can remember, I'm pretty sure there was no funeral. She might be in witness protection!

We saw her dead body (Irene stayed with her for some time after watching her die and Alf joined her) and we saw her funeral :P 

• 3 years later...

Kristy Wright just ranted about a new character named "Chloe" on her Instagram: "Hey @homeandaway! I hear there is a new “Chloe” joining the show? Strange choice in Character name considering I played Chloe for 5 years. Have you run out of names or did you just forget? I mean I know my Chloe is dead and can’t return but it would have been nice of you to have allowed me to keep “Chloe” as my own legacy. Especially after 5 years of putting my heart and soul into a character. I’ve got to say... it kinda sucks. Oh well"

"Am I crazy to be pissed off about this? I know it was a long time ago... but Chloe is a MASSIVE part of who I am and my history. And I feel like she’s been stolen from me. Like my Chloe meant nothing. I’m really upset."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLx1crHgX-i/

Edited by Lila_Q

21 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

Kristy Wright just ranted about a new character named "Chloe" on her Instagram: "Hey @homeandaway! I hear there is a new “Chloe” joining the show? Strange choice in Character name considering I played Chloe for 5 years. Have you run out of names or did you just forget? I mean I know my Chloe is dead and can’t return but it would have been nice of you to have allowed me to keep “Chloe” as my own legacy. Especially after 5 years of putting my heart and soul into a character. I’ve got to say... it kinda sucks. Oh well"

"Am I crazy to be pissed off about this? I know it was a long time ago... but Chloe is a MASSIVE part of who I am and my history. And I feel like she’s been stolen from me. Like my Chloe meant nothing. I’m really upset."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLx1crHgX-i/

good on her! I feel upset for her, how could they give an iconic name to a character who already has no purpose on the show. There’s many of other names that can be used. TPTB need firing

I mean, they do tend to reuse some character names a bit.  In the time since Jade Sutherland left in 2004, we've had two villains called Jade - Jade Montgomery the teacher who planted the bomb in the bag that went off in the hospital in 2013, and Jade Lennox who caused grief for Ryder at the end of 2019.

There have been others, but I can't think of any where there have been two regular characters with the same name at different points in the show's history.  Neighbours, on the other hand, has had two regular Amy's and two regular Mark's (and for the latter, brought them both back for guest appearances at the same time).

But I get Kristy's disappointment a little bit.

31 minutes ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I mean, they do tend to reuse some character names a bit.  In the time since Jade Sutherland left in 2004, we've had two villains called Jade - Jade Montgomery the teacher who planted the bomb in the bag that went off in the hospital in 2013, and Jade Lennox who caused grief for Ryder at the end of 2019.

There have been others, but I can't think of any where there have been two regular characters with the same name at different points in the show's history.  Neighbours, on the other hand, has had two regular Amy's and two regular Mark's (and for the latter, brought them both back for guest appearances at the same time).

The problem is is that Jade wasn’t a memorable character in my opinion, was kind of in the shadows within her era. whereas chloe was a star

On 01/03/2021 at 22:17, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Tom Nash and Tom Fletcher 

Jack Holden and Jack Wilson, technically Justin Morgan/Jack Lee as well

Josh West and Josh Barret 

Casey Braxton and Casey Mitchell 

Liam Tanner and Liam Murphy

Alex Poulos and Alex Bennett

Brodie Hanson and Brody Morgan

Maybe more but we've had long term guest characters share the same name as a regular. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hapitoby said:

Tom Nash and Tom Fletcher 

Jack Holden and Jack Wilson, technically Justin Morgan/Jack Lee as well

Josh West and Josh Barret 

Casey Braxton and Casey Mitchell 

Liam Tanner and Liam Murphy

Alex Poulos and Alex Bennett

Brodie Hanson and Brody Morgan

Maybe more but we've had long term guest characters share the same name as a regular. 

Exactly. Not first time in history of the show they've reused a name and personnel attack of Chloe/Kristy. And not as if Chloe most unique name in the world. Only so many names in the world names are going get reused at some point think they done well going 2 decades before they used the name again it not like Kristy left last year and they brought in another Chloe. All the things in the world you can complain about this doesn't feel very big