Do You Prefer The Nashes or The Sutherlands

KKB

Hey

Who do you prefer The Nash Family (Joel Nat Gypsy and Tom) or The Sutherland Family (Rhys Shelley Jade Kirsty and Dani) and why?

Personally I prefer The Nash Family because I feel although they were on for less amount of time than The Sutherland family they had more storylines as a Family Unit than The Sutherlands did in the time they were on the show. I also feel that their characters were more interesting than The Sutherland Families.

Who do you prefer?

KKB

Definitely the Nashes. The Sutherland girls were a bit overkill for me. And Kirsty and Jade where just a bit too young for me to be interested in when they first arrived. 

I liked that the Nashes had a link to the bay with Joel and Travis growing up there and Natalie in mangrove river. There isalso the back story with their Dad who Travis idealised I found interesting. Gypsy became a really classic. Never really liked Tom though. I think Joel is probably the most believable cop the show has had. 

It took me until 2002 to start to enjoy the Sutherland family. It's odd in that cross over period seein Joel and Rhys in the same scenes. 

The Sutherlands for sure. I liked Joel and Gypsy but Nat and Tom were bland boring characters. Shelly & Rhys are some of my most loved "parent" characters. I also love Kirsty and Dani. The Kirsty & Kane story line is iconic. Jade, like on the show most times sadly is an afterthought.

Nashes for the History, Alf apparently knew Jack Nash and Joel and Travis grew up in the area.

But the Sutherlands took the show into a New era and even kept on with the fostering (Brodie).

However, I did get burned out on the latter by 2003 and wasn't in a hurry for them to be rescued in the season finale.

12 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Definitely the Nashes. The Sutherland girls were a bit overkill for me. And Kirsty and Jade where just a bit too young for me to be interested in when they first arrived. 

I liked that the Nashes had a link to the bay with Joel and Travis growing up there and Natalie in mangrove river. There isalso the back story with their Dad who Travis idealised I found interesting. Gypsy became a really classic. Never really liked Tom though. I think Joel is probably the most believable cop the show has had. 

It took me until 2002 to start to enjoy the Sutherland family. It's odd in that cross over period seein Joel and Rhys in the same scenes. 

I agree about The Sutherland girls being over killed.

Yeah I liked how they had that link and back story to the bay. Gypsy sure did become a classic. I feel that Tom didn't have much storylines to make us get to know him more. I agree about Joel being the most believable cop the shows had.

It took me awhile to warm to them too and when they were leaving I started to sort of like them. It was very strange seeing Joel and Rhys in the same scenes

12 hours ago, dee123 said:

The Sutherlands for sure. I liked Joel and Gypsy but Nat and Tom were bland boring characters. Shelly & Rhys are some of my most loved "parent" characters. I also love Kirsty and Dani. The Kirsty & Kane story line is iconic. Jade, like on the show most times sadly is an afterthought.

Joel and Gypsy were my faves. Nat and Tom were a bland because they didn't have many good storylines I think.

You have your opinion. Kirsty and Dani were overkill a bit but good characters. The Kirsty& Kane story sure is iconic they were The Bays Romeo and Juliet.

I agree about Jade.

They sure did give the show a revamp

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Nashes for the History, Alf apparently knew Jack Nash and Joel and Travis grew up in the area.

But the Sutherlands took the show into a New era and even kept on with the fostering (Brodie).

However, I did get burned out on the latter by 2003 and wasn't in a hurry for them to be rescued in the season finale.

That's a good point. Yeah they did grow up in the area.

That's a true point about The Sutherlands.

They were boring at that point of time

56 minutes ago, Skylover said:

Don't really like either of them that much, Pippa or Michael should have somehow still been there. However I'd have to say Sutherlands only because I really liked Kirsty in her 2008-9 stint, didn't watch 2000-2005 originally.

Your opinion is your opinion. I like Pippa and Michael too.

Kirsty was good in that stint,

13 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Nat's biggest story was her cheating on Joel and subsequently getting pregnant.

Yeah that was her biggest story and they got back together anyway. Did you think that should off happened

Archived